US Politics Thread

Sharpshooter

20 minutes ago, Boudrias said:

I don't read or watch Trump stuff.

My comment was strictly from my point of view and the history I have read. I understand that some Americans can be boastful when they discuss their contributions to WW2. From my perspective the USA basically fought the Japanese in the Pacific, armed and supplied the Red Army, and put 16.1 million in uniform. I am not saying they were better fighters. The sheer scope of the American war effort was staggering. 

Check out the Ken Burns piece for PBS called "The War" 

Americans produced:

Tanks          89 000

Artillery     193 000

Airplanes  300 000

Submarines      260

General John Pershing of WW 1 fame said "logistics wins wars" and WW 2 certainly bore that out. 

No one is disputing those numbers.  I see one minor mention of what we have been talking about (which I bolded).

Also bolded is a sentence about the US in the Pacific which I don't fully understand. It seems to ignore Canadians, Brits, Australians and New Zealanders, and Chinese.

Anyway, we are drifting off topic and I won't have much more to say on this except to repeat it's not US involvement in the war we are disputing; it's their often inflated opinion of it.   

• Thanks 1
  • Cheers 1

4 minutes ago, Satchmo said:

No one is disputing those numbers.  I see one minor mention of what we have been talking about (which I bolded).

Also bolded is a sentence about the US in the Pacific which I don't fully understand. It seems to ignore Canadians, Brits, Australians and New Zealanders, and Chinese.

Anyway, we are drifting off topic and I won't have much more to say on this except to repeat it's not US involvement in the war we are disputing; it's their often inflated opinion of it.   

Hollywood certainly hasn't helped. Making movies like U571 where it's the Americans who capture and decode the German's encoded Enigma communications device.

When in reality it was the British seven months before the Americans entered the war.

• Thanks 1
  • Vintage 1

46 minutes ago, The Arrogant Worms said:

Trump Says He’d ‘Win’ a Mental Aptitude Test Against Nikki Haley: ‘She’s Not Gonna Even Come Close to Winning’

https://www.mediaite.com/trump/trump-says-hed-win-a-mental-aptitude-test-against-nikki-haley-shes-not-gonna-even-come-close-to-winning/

Trump wouldn't win a mental aptitude test against anyone....

Actually, I'd love to see Dotard try his hand at Celebrity Jeopardy. The questions are a lot easier, but he'd still be useless at it.....and you know he'd be blaming the buzzer and maybe even Ken Jennings for asking the "wrong" questions....

• Cheers 2

5 minutes ago, The Arrogant Worms said:

It's all well and good for Nikki to be calling out Trump's lies, but I wonder where this was before she was running for POTUS.....

IIRC, she was defending him, even going so far as to say "Give the guy a break", as if he's the victim that he loves to portray himself as....

BTW, speaking of "giving Trump a break" did anyone else see the story about a Florida politician introducing a bill that would give Bone Spurs 5 million taxpayer dollars to help him pay his legal fees? :classic_rolleyes:

https://www.wfla.com/news/florida/new-florida-bill-would-allow-up-to-5-million-to-pay-for-trump-legal-fees/

• Thanks 3
  • Upvote 1

1 minute ago, RupertKBD said:

It's all well and good for Nikki to be calling out Trump's lies, but I wonder where this was before she was running for POTUS.....

IIRC, she was defending him, even going so far as to say "Give the guy a break", as if he's the victim that he loves to portray himself as....

BTW, speaking of "giving Trump a break" did anyone else see the story about a Florida politician introducing a bill that would give Bone Spurs 5 million taxpayer dollars to help him pay his legal fees? :classic_rolleyes:

https://www.wfla.com/news/florida/new-florida-bill-would-allow-up-to-5-million-to-pay-for-trump-legal-fees/

She’ll endorse him in any case. 

There aren’t many principled Republicans. 

The ones that are outliers, in office, or only found courage after being out of office. 

• Upvote 1
  • Vintage 1

5 hours ago, nuckin_futz said:

I don't even know which reaction emoji to use for this. His ass needs to be locked up and a gag Gorilla glued to his face. Feed him via IV if necessary... How many times is this insufferable leech/boil on the ass of humanity going to be allowed to give the justice system the finger with no consequences??? ENOUGH already... can one actually drown in Diet Coke? Grease themselves breathless from one too many Big Macs.... terminal nose bleeds from the lifts in their shoes?

Edit: ^^^^ is what happens when you've been fending off MAGA trolls on Twitter all afternoon without adequate caffeination, happy pills and cappucino cookies.

Edited by Cerridwen
  • Cheers 2

4 hours ago, RupertKBD said:

She'll kiss the ring or be banished like the others. This is a party who ex-communicated Liz Cheney the #3 Republican in Congress over telling the truth about a trust fund playboy from NYC. These people don't really stand for anything. Most of them are CHINOS.

Edited by nuckin_futz
  • Cheers 2

Despite all this she'll endorse him before dropping out ahead the South Carolina primary where she'll likely get stomped like a narc at a biker rally.

While we're on the subject of a narc at a biker rally. If it pleases the court, exhibit A ............

image.jpeg.1e9d228c7e97e269aca95cb0f65813f6.jpeg

Edited by nuckin_futz
  • Upvote 2

1 hour ago, Cerridwen said:

You've described the scenario beautifully. The precious little snowflake just can't ever be wrong about ANYTHING. And I have a rock in my garden under the snow that would do better against a mental aptitude test than DJT would.

Trump places 5th on this panel.

IMG_0878.jpeg

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

23 minutes ago, Elias Pettersson said:

So I noticed that Ron DeSantis pulled out. Literally. That 7 eleven dude is gone too. Only Nikki Haley is left to trump Trump. 

Is Bone Spurs gonna pull it off tomorrow?  If he does this thread could get spicy. Might have to start posting some new Babylon Bee material.  🤨

I wouldn't be surprised if Trump wins the primary.

I still highly doubt he'd win the election based on 2 key facts:

1) His court cases are likely to have changed many perceptions of him from positive to negative.

2) He lost to Biden before those court cases even started and before Jan 6.

Sure, there will be a lot of polls looking to create hype and create seeds of doubt in order to make people think Trump could win. There will also be people who will state that it did happen in 2016. Keep in mind, 2016 will likely be on the minds of voters and those same voters who didn't vote in 2016 but showed up in 2020 are likely to show up in 2024 again.

You just have to look at things logically to at least see that logic is not on the side of Trump.

Edited by The Lock
  • Cheers 1

57 minutes ago, nuckin_futz said:

Hahaha they just keep coming today ..........

"Lawyers gone wild. Direct from Miami spring break"

What's the over/under on how long until she's dropping her linen on Only Fans? 1 year?

Hey, at least she'll get paid for a change.

• Haha 1
  • Upvote 1

1 hour ago, nuckin_futz said:

What's the over/under on how long until she's dropping her linen on Only Fans? 1 year?

You're lying if you say you wouldn't

Jack Nicholson Reaction GIF

• ThereItIs 1

1 hour ago, nuckin_futz said:

Holy shit, is that his lawyer?  Haha, I would be all over that.  Not even a question.  I'm sure Bone Spurs has his hands all over her too.  I wonder what Melania must think when Bone Spurs is in court?  Do you think she might "persuade" the judge to get him off if she showed up like that in court?

I had to google Babylon Bee, a satire thingy...

i dont have twitter  X so couldnt read the tweet. What is the joke there? Did they do a spoof on a Simpsons type stereotype story?

Or I guess its just what Trump might joke and offer to ViveK?

Edited by bishopshodan

55 minutes ago, The Lock said:

I wouldn't be surprised if Trump wins the primary.

I still highly doubt he'd win the election based on 2 key facts:

1) His court cases are likely to have changed many perceptions of him from positive to negative.

2) He lost to Biden before those court cases even started and before Jan 6.

Sure, there will be a lot of polls looking to create hype and create seeds of doubt in order to make people think Trump could win. There will also be people who will state that it did happen in 2016. Keep in mind, 2016 will likely be on the minds of voters and those same voters who didn't vote in 2016 but showed up in 2020 are likely to show up in 2024 again.

You just have to look at things logically to at least see that logic is not on the side of Trump.

Bone Spurs no doubt is going to win the primary.  Nikki Haley has zero chance.  The issue I have is what the Democrats are going to do about it.  They can't possibly be bringing back Biden for a second term can they?  Biden is worse than Trudeau.  At least Trudeau has functioning brain cells.  Biden doesn't even know he's alive.  This is a massive risk the Democrats are taking if they bring back Biden.  Unless Bone Spurs actually goes to jail, I don't think Biden can win another election.

I heard Michelle Obama is considering running.  Anyone but the 81-year-old man...