US Politics Thread

Sharpshooter

3 minutes ago, bishopshodan said:

I had to google Babylon Bee, a satire thingy...

i dont have twitter  X so couldnt read the tweet. What is the joke there? Did they do a spoof on a Simpsons type stereotype story?

Or I guess its just what Trump might joke and offer to ViveK?

I'm pretty sure it's a sterotype Simpsons story.  And I'm pretty sure Bone Spurs would actually hire him to manage the White House 7-11...

• Cheers 1

1 hour ago, Elias Pettersson said:

Thank you.  Now I get to post more Babylon Bee stuff in here...   😊

Posted a few days ago. 🙂

FMO.gif

Holy shit, is that his lawyer?  Haha, I would be all over that.  Not even a question.  I'm sure Bone Spurs has his hands all over her too.  I wonder what Melania must think when Bone Spurs is in court?  Do you think she might "persuade" the judge to get him off if she showed up like that in court?

These are also his lawyers

image.jpeg.d6af3b98133505fe9699cd378245ac3f.jpegimage.thumb.jpeg.cb4a9ca86b8d94d6c9489a59b2af8655.jpeg

Are we noticing a theme here?

1 hour ago, Warhippy said:

You're lying if you say you wouldn't

Jack Nicholson Reaction GIF

Hip, never stick it in crazy.

• Cheers 1
  • Upvote 1

Bone Spurs no doubt is going to win the primary.  Nikki Haley has zero chance.  The issue I have is what the Democrats are going to do about it.  They can't possibly be bringing back Biden for a second term can they?  Biden is worse than Trudeau.  At least Trudeau has functioning brain cells.  Biden doesn't even know he's alive.  This is a massive risk the Democrats are taking if they bring back Biden.  Unless Bone Spurs actually goes to jail, I don't think Biden can win another election.

I heard Michelle Obama is considering running.  Anyone but the 81-year-old man...

Hey Petey....I think Alf hacked your account....

• Haha 2

3 hours ago, Elias Pettersson said:

Bone Spurs no doubt is going to win the primary.  Nikki Haley has zero chance.  The issue I have is what the Democrats are going to do about it.  They can't possibly be bringing back Biden for a second term can they?  Biden is worse than Trudeau.  At least Trudeau has functioning brain cells.  Biden doesn't even know he's alive.  This is a massive risk the Democrats are taking if they bring back Biden.  Unless Bone Spurs actually goes to jail, I don't think Biden can win another election.

I heard Michelle Obama is considering running.  Anyone but the 81-year-old man...

The Democrats don't have much choice at the moment other than to bring back Biden. You are right in that he's not exactly popular, but he's still proven to be enough to defeat Trump. Whether he's better or worse than Trudeau's irrelevant.

Truth be told, the Democrats are not in the best situation leader wise and that will be a demerit on them come voting. However, Trump is far worse, which is a far greater demerit on the Republicans.

Edited by The Lock

13 hours ago, Elias Pettersson said:

I agree with The Lock. Biden is far from ideal but who else do they march out there to compete with Trump? Harris? Buttigieg (sp)? Having Biden not run for a second term is a risk imo. Michelle Obama probably beats Trump but all indications over the last several years are that she is not in the least bit interested in the position.

9 minutes ago, I.Am.Ironman said:

I agree with The Lock. Biden is far from ideal but who else do they march out there to compete with Trump? Harris? Buttigieg (sp)? Having Biden not run for a second term is a risk imo. Michelle Obama probably beats Trump but all indications over the last several years are that she is not in the least bit interested in the position.

Imo the vp choice has never been more important, it's why I'm hoping they swap out Harris with someone with a broad appeal. If voters don't have to worry about when Joe gets replaced that could be the difference needed to beat Spurs.

12 hours ago, NewbieCanuckFan said:

Now if it actually gets veto'd, I'll be *REALLY* impressed but for the moment, I'll give Ronnie *SOME* due.  Let's see if he actually follows thru this pledge.

Nah, Ronnie has no balls for a move like that.

20 minutes ago, Bob Long said:

Imo the vp choice has never been more important, it's why I'm hoping they swap out Harris with someone with a broad appeal. If voters don't have to worry about when Joe gets replaced that could be the difference needed to beat Spurs.

All very true. I just don't know who that person is. I would have said Peter Buttigieg but apparently he hasn't done well as the secretary for transportation (I know an American and he told me this so... one dude's opinion) and a lot of the USA won't support a gay man, unfortunately. Maybe it's the Dem/Rep hybrid Manchin? Schumer? They are unlikely to give up their seats in the Senate imo.

13 minutes ago, I.Am.Ironman said:

All very true. I just don't know who that person is. I would have said Peter Buttigieg but apparently he hasn't done well as the secretary for transportation (I know an American and he told me this so... one dude's opinion) and a lot of the USA won't support a gay man, unfortunately. Maybe it's the Dem/Rep hybrid Manchin? Schumer? They are unlikely to give up their seats in the Senate imo.

yep someone like that, who at least some republicans could live with. Not the MAGAs of course. 

1 hour ago, I.Am.Ironman said:

At least another indication of things are the Trump rallies themselves. Trump's reportedly has had to get smaller venues in order to make the rallies look bigger. If this is true, that's a massive indication of what it would take to beat him (ie. a lot less effort than 2020). So maybe someone else could do the job anyway, but still, Biden's the only one proven unfortunately.

Edited by The Lock

1 hour ago, I.Am.Ironman said:

The ambiguity of the laws state that Barak Obama could feasibly run as the VP as well.  Should BIden pass or be deemed unfit for office he would legally be allowed to finish the sitting term.

• Upvote 2

4 minutes ago, Warhippy said:

The ambiguity of the laws state that Barak Obama could feasibly run as the VP as well.  Should BIden pass or be deemed unfit for office he would legally be allowed to finish the sitting term.

If I were Obama, I would do it just for the shits and giggles alone.  Unfortunately, because of that ambiguity, I could also see it being thrown into court as a constitutional challenge and the SCOTUS ruling him as ineligible.

• Cheers 1

2 hours ago, Bob Long said:

2 hours ago, I.Am.Ironman said:

It's funny, because Republicans have somehow convinced everyone that Kamala Harris becoming POTUS would be some kind of disaster....because.....reasons....

As far as I can tell, she is far more qualified for public office than Donald Trump. In fact, it seems like her low popularity is one of those self-fulfilling gambits. Repugs and their proxys go on and on about how bad she would be (based on nothing but the near impossible assignment of the border crisis, when she first became Veep) and people buy it.

Meanwhile, the list of possible running mates for Bone Spurs includes luminaries such as MTG, Vivek, Kristi Noem, Elise Stefanik and Kari Lake....:classic_rolleyes:

• Cheers 2
  • ThereItIs 1

1 hour ago, 6of1_halfdozenofother said:

If I were Obama, I would do it just for the shits and giggles alone.  Unfortunately, because of that ambiguity, I could also see it being thrown into court as a constitutional challenge and the SCOTUS ruling him as ineligible.

To be met with an immediate challenge to Trumps potential presidency in that:  Claims of him not losing the last election make him, in his mind; a two term president.  As such he should be inadmissible for an electoral run.

Pin em to the wall

• Thanks 1
  • Cheers 2
  • Upvote 1

19 minutes ago, RupertKBD said:

It's funny, because Republicans have somehow convinced everyone that Kamala Harris becoming POTUS would be some kind of disaster....because.....reasons....

As far as I can tell, she is far more qualified for public office than Donald Trump. In fact, it seems like her low popularity is one of those self-fulfilling gambits. Repugs and their proxys go on and on about how bad she would be (based on nothing but the near impossible assignment of the border crisis, when she first became Veep) and people buy it.

Meanwhile, the list of possible running mates for Bone Spurs includes luminaries such as MTG, Vivek, Kristi Noem, Elise Stefanik and Kari Lake....:classic_rolleyes:

What about US voting seems logical to you?

Edited by Bob Long
  • Haha 1
  • Upvote 1

8 minutes ago, The Arrogant Worms said:

Trump Rants About His ‘POLE NUMBERS’ — Posts Bizarre SIX-FINGERED Pic Of Himself Praying In Truth Social Spree

https://www.mediaite.com/news/trump-rants-about-his-pole-numbers-posts-bizarre-six-fingered-pic-of-himself-praying-in-truth-social-spree/

I feel like there's some weird subtext we are missing with these oddball trump statements lately. Some religious or alt right crazy shit.

• Cheers 1
  • Vintage 1

13 hours ago, The Lock said:

The Democrats don't have much choice at the moment other than to bring back Biden. You are right in that he's not exactly popular, but he's still proven to be enough to defeat Trump. Whether he's better or worse than Trudeau's irrelevant.

Truth be told, the Democrats are not in the best situation leader wise and that will be a demerit on them come voting. However, Trump is far worse, which is a far greater demerit on the Republicans.

The Democrats could just say that Biden isn’t fit for office anymore. Maybe get a doctor’s note to state he has dementia. Not sure it’s a smart idea to take another chance with him given his elderly state. 

Wasn’t Gavin Newsom supposed to be interested in the job?  He’s the governor of California. Ronald Reagan was also the governor of California and he won the presidency in a landslide. 

Edited by Elias Pettersson

23 minutes ago, Elias Pettersson said:

The Democrats could just say that Biden isn’t fit for office anymore. Maybe get a doctor’s note to state he has dementia. Not sure it’s a smart idea to take another chance with him given his elderly state. 

Wasn’t Gavin Newsom supposed to be interested in the job?  He’s the governor of California. Ronald Reagan was also the governor of California and he won the presidency in a landslide. 

I think the party conventions this election year are going to be crazy.  TRUMP likely has convictions on his record and the QOP will be sweating bullets if he's the ticket.  The DNC will likely be what you describe.

40 minutes ago, Elias Pettersson said:

The Democrats could say that Biden isn't fit for office, but it would harm their chances of wining the election.

Unless if a better candidate shows up, Biden's going to be their nominee. At this point, it looks like it will be Biden.

Edited by The Lock

59 minutes ago, Bob Long said:

What about US voting seems logical to you?

Voters in general, defy logic, IMO....

What gets me about Harris is that you never see any pushback on the narrative that she's a drag on the Biden campaign. I get that the border thing wasn't her finest moment, but people from all walks, (not just republicans) seem to agree that she's a poor candidate. I've yet to see anything to make me believe that she would be a poor POTUS....

....certainly no worse than anyone the GQP are putting forward.

• Cheers 1

1 minute ago, RupertKBD said:

Voters in general, defy logic, IMO....

What gets me about Harris is that you never see any pushback on the narrative that she's a drag on the Biden campaign. I get that the border thing wasn't her finest moment, but people from all walks, (not just republicans) seem to agree that she's a poor candidate. I've yet to see anything to make me believe that she would be a poor POTUS....

....certainly no worse than anyone the GQP are putting forward.

Tbh I have no idea, but the polls on her are quite bleak and have been for a long time.

All I know is I hope they find someone more palatable, because I really think Trump will beat Biden, particularly if old Joe has any kind of physical gaffe. No it's not fair, but that's how I read it.

2 minutes ago, Bob Long said:

Tbh I have no idea, but the polls on her are quite bleak and have been for a long time.

All I know is I hope they find someone more palatable, because I really think Trump will beat Biden, particularly if old Joe has any kind of physical gaffe. No it's not fair, but that's how I read it.

It's possible, but for that to happen, millions of voters who rejected Trump in 2020 have to change their minds and support him this time around, despite the very real possibility of him being a convicted felon.

I'm not saying that it can't happen, (we've already been over the "logic" of the American voter) but I just have a hard time picturing it.

• Cheers 1