US Politics Thread

Sharpshooter

34 minutes ago, CBH1926 said:

If a guy has a life long history of making racist statements and you as a minority support him that makes a sellout imo.

As far as being offended, I am not offended just embarrassed for those two clowns.

And if you think that was Trump says is taken out of context, well it’s either you are not too bright or ignorant.

Although not every goober that votes for him is racist, I guarantee you that every single racist that votes in November is voting for him. They must see something in him that you are missing.

“For Biden to show up there and give a political speech, it’s offensive in itself,” the former United Nations ambassador and South Carolina governor said during a town hall on Fox News in Des Moines, Iowa. “I don’t need someone who palled around with segregationists in the ‘70s and has said racist comments all the way through his career lecturing me or anyone in South Carolina about what it means to have racism, slavery, or anything related to the Civil War.”

https://apnews.com/article/nikki-haley-joe-biden-election-2024-a12bd53d532c936a5c256a1450e554f5

3 minutes ago, Ricky Ravioli said:

“For Biden to show up there and give a political speech, it’s offensive in itself,” the former United Nations ambassador and South Carolina governor said during a town hall on Fox News in Des Moines, Iowa. “I don’t need someone who palled around with segregationists in the ‘70s and has said racist comments all the way through his career lecturing me or anyone in South Carolina about what it means to have racism, slavery, or anything related to the Civil War.”

https://apnews.com/article/nikki-haley-joe-biden-election-2024-a12bd53d532c936a5c256a1450e554f5

Let's get some quotes from someone who is not trying to take his job.

2 hours ago, Wiggums said:

The left also sees Dave Chapelle as a bigot.  

Government politicians are mischieving, pathological lying robots that will do and say anything just to get a vote.  Biden has been involved in the government cult for 50 years now.  He is embedded in it.  Nothing he says is truth at this point, especially given his age and susceptibility he is just going out and saying what he has been told/ordered to say.  He will say anything that he thinks or that he's told will get him a vote.  Trump, albeit arrogant and a dick, at least says what he believes to be true and does it with confidence and without orders from others like a sacrificial puppet.  

IMG_2767.gif

Edited by PistolPete13
  • Cheers 1

5 minutes ago, Satchmo said:

Let's get some quotes from someone who is not trying to take his job.

In 2007, he referred to Barack Obama as “the first mainstream African-American who is articulate and bright and clean.”

In 2006, he said, “You cannot go to a 7-Eleven or a Dunkin’ Donuts unless you have a slight Indian accent.”

Way back in 1977, he said that forced busing to desegregate schools would cause his children to “grow up in a racial jungle.”

Of course, he infamously worked with segregationist senators to oppose that mandatory busing, which decades later led to the strongest moment in Kamala Harris’s campaign for president, when she blasted him as having personally impacted her as a young girl.

1 minute ago, Ricky Ravioli said:

In 2007, he referred to Barack Obama as “the first mainstream African-American who is articulate and bright and clean.”

In 2006, he said, “You cannot go to a 7-Eleven or a Dunkin’ Donuts unless you have a slight Indian accent.”

Way back in 1977, he said that forced busing to desegregate schools would cause his children to “grow up in a racial jungle.”

Of course, he infamously worked with segregationist senators to oppose that mandatory busing, which decades later led to the strongest moment in Kamala Harris’s campaign for president, when she blasted him as having personally impacted her as a young girl.

Robert Byrd was a great man according to Biden..

Robert Byrd was also a member of the KKK...awkward 

16 minutes ago, Ricky Ravioli said:

But Nikki says that America has never been a racist country....

Seems like she's just saying whatever pops into her empty head at this point....

50 minutes ago, Bob Long said:

It's the honesty about being openly criminal and racist. Being "genuine" seems really important to some.

Openly racist standing on stage with two people of color 😑

Prison reform, low employment rates, standing and shaking hands with people of color, saying he's not racist, donations to colleges, wanting to declare the KKK a terrorist group.. super openly racist stuff here

what has he done that is openly racist?

ITT, the resident Trumpkins try and convince everyone that Joe Biden is a racist....

....while defending the guy who was sued for refusing to rent properties to African Americans.....:classic_rolleyes:

https://www.npr.org/2016/09/29/495955920/donald-trump-plagued-by-decades-old-housing-discrimination-case

....also, the same guy who referred to immigrants from central America as "rapists" and "drug dealers".....

6 minutes ago, RupertKBD said:

But Nikki says that America has never been a racist country....

Seems like she's just saying whatever pops into her empty head at this point....

“Our goal is to make sure that today is better than yesterday. Are we perfect? No. But our goal is to always make sure we try and be more perfect every day that we can. I know I faced racism when I was growing up. But I can tell you, today is a lot better than it was then. Our goal is to lift up everybody. Not go and divide people on race or gender or party or anything else. We’ve had enough of that in America.”

A campaign spokesman for Haley later reiterated the former governor’s position, telling CNN:

“America has always had racism, but America has never been a racist country. The liberal media always fails to get that distinction. It can throw a fit, but that doesn’t change Nikki’s belief that America is special because its people are always striving to do better and live up to our founding ideals of freedom and equality.”

Media just loves to take things out of context or better yet leave out some details

2 minutes ago, Wiggums said:

Openly racist standing on stage with two people of color 😑

Prison reform, low employment rates, standing and shaking hands with people of color, saying he's not racist, donations to colleges, wanting to declare the KKK a terrorist group.. super openly racist stuff here

what has he done that is openly racist?

https://www.vox.com/2016/7/25/12270880/donald-trump-racist-racism-history

Too many to list.....

3 minutes ago, RupertKBD said:

ITT, the resident Trumpkins try and convince everyone that Joe Biden is a racist....

....while defending the guy who was sued for refusing to rent properties to African Americans.....:classic_rolleyes:

https://www.npr.org/2016/09/29/495955920/donald-trump-plagued-by-decades-old-housing-discrimination-case

....also, the same guy who referred to immigrants from central America as "rapists" and "drug dealers".....

We're saying two can play that game.  We can dig some bullshit out of our asses and post it here too 

3 minutes ago, RupertKBD said:

Lol it's not a competition. Either they are both racist by your own standards or they aren't . Which is it?

Just now, Ricky Ravioli said:

Lol it's not a competition. Either they are both racist by your own standards or they aren't . Which is it?

They don't get it. 

Anyone can dig shit up about these old dinosaurs and label them racist./ Lol.  Who should we do next? All we need is google and some pitchforks

3 minutes ago, Ricky Ravioli said:

“Our goal is to make sure that today is better than yesterday. Are we perfect? No. But our goal is to always make sure we try and be more perfect every day that we can. I know I faced racism when I was growing up. But I can tell you, today is a lot better than it was then. Our goal is to lift up everybody. Not go and divide people on race or gender or party or anything else. We’ve had enough of that in America.”

A campaign spokesman for Haley later reiterated the former governor’s position, telling CNN:

“America has always had racism, but America has never been a racist country. The liberal media always fails to get that distinction. It can throw a fit, but that doesn’t change Nikki’s belief that America is special because its people are always striving to do better and live up to our founding ideals of freedom and equality.”

Media just loves to take things out of context or better yet leave out some details

Haley did not shy away from her Indian heritage, first swatting at Reid — she “lives in a different America” — before saying, “I mean yes, I’m a brown girl that grew up in a small rural town in South Carolina who became the first female minority governor in history, who became a U.N. ambassador and who is now running for president.”

But she didn’t leave it there when Kilmeade followed up: “Are you involved in a racist party?”

“No,” retorted Haley, a child of the Deep South. “We’re not a racist country, Brian. We’ve never been a racist country.”

https://www.politico.com/newsletters/the-recast/2024/01/17/nikki-haley-race-election-00136121

Yeah, this one isn't on the media.....it's on Haley herself. As I said: She's just saying whatever she thinks will help her campaign. Facts are optional.

3 minutes ago, Wiggums said:

We're saying two can play that game.  We can dig some bullshit out of our asses and post it here too 

No convincing needed here. You're some of the best.....

1 minute ago, RupertKBD said:

https://www.politico.com/newsletters/the-recast/2024/01/17/nikki-haley-race-election-00136121

Yeah, this one isn't on the media.....it's on Haley herself. As I said: She's just saying whatever she thinks will help her campaign. Facts are optional.

LOL "She said more, but it’s irrelevant." 

Completely disregarding her explanation. Look you can disagree with her opinion but she explained herself just fine.

5 minutes ago, Ricky Ravioli said:

These things are not as "equal" as you are trying to claim.

One of the two wants to build a Wall between the US and Mexico to keep out what he calls "murderers", "drug dealers" and "rapists". He instituted a policy of separating children from their parents, in an attempt to deter asylum seekers.

The other one is currently suing the state of Texas, to keep them from installing razor wire across rivers that separate the two countries.

These things are not as "equal" as you are trying to claim.

One of the two wants to build a Wall between the US and Mexico to keep out what he calls "murderers", "drug dealers" and "rapists". He instituted a policy of separating children from their parents, in an attempt to deter asylum seekers.

The other one is currently suing the state of Texas, to keep them from installing razor wire across rivers that separate the two countries.

Hahah this is incredible deflection. Also just inaccurate 

2 minutes ago, Ricky Ravioli said:

LOL "She said more, but it’s irrelevant." 

Completely disregarding her explanation. Look you can disagree with her opinion but she explained herself just fine.

Yeah. No she didn't.

"America is not a racist country". She's said it more than once. "I faced racism while growing up". She's said that more than once. It's called trying to garner sympathy for experienced racism, while at the same time, trying not to piss off the racists....because she wants them to vote for her.

• Cheers 1

Yeah. No she didn't.

"America is not a racist country". She's said it more than once. "I faced racism while growing up". She's said that more than once. It's called trying to garner sympathy for experienced racism, while at the same time, trying not to piss off the racists....because she wants them to vote for her.

Just now, Ricky Ravioli said:

Hahah this is incredible deflection. Also just inaccurate 

No it's not.

Biden is not a racist and a couple of dumb quotes don't prove otherwise. Trump is a racist and appearing on stage with people of color also does not prove otherwise.

There's a mountain of evidence to support both of the above statements.

Just now, RupertKBD said:

No it's not.

Biden is not a racist and a couple of dumb quotes don't prove otherwise. Trump is a racist and appearing on stage with people of color also does not prove otherwise.

There's a mountain of evidence to support both of the above statements.

Hahah the lengths you are going to try to deflect from Biden is wild. If Trump said any of those things he would not be given even a remote bit of sympathy you are to Biden. It's sad

• Cheers 2

2 minutes ago, Ricky Ravioli said:

You almost have a point but the Chinese Exclusion Act and 3/5 Clauses of the Constitution beg to differ. 

• Cheers 1