US Politics Thread

Sharpshooter

16 minutes ago, RupertKBD said:

These things are not as "equal" as you are trying to claim.

One of the two wants to build a Wall between the US and Mexico to keep out what he calls "murderers", "drug dealers" and "rapists". He instituted a policy of separating children from their parents, in an attempt to deter asylum seekers.

The other one is currently suing the state of Texas, to keep them from installing razor wire across rivers that separate the two countries.

Yes, illegal immigrants who kill, rape and deal drugs are going to be labelled killers, rapists and drug deals.  Crazy concept I know 

Just now, Wiggums said:

Yes, illegal immigrants who kill, rape and deal drugs are going to be labelled killers, rapists and drug deals.  Crazy concept I know 

How about the actual citizens who kill, rape, and deal drugs who are far more in the majority of killers, rapists, and drug dealers since they don't have to hide from being deported?

21 minutes ago, Ricky Ravioli said:

Hahah the lengths you are going to try to deflect from Biden is wild. If Trump said any of those things he would not be given even a remote bit of sympathy you are to Biden. It's sad

Yes, I'm going to enormous "lengths".... It's just so "wild"....:classic_rolleyes:

7 minutes ago, The Lock said:

How about the actual citizens who kill, rape, and deal drugs who are far more in the majority of killers, rapists, and drug dealers since they don't have to hide from being deported?

I'm pointing out the fact that Trump wasn't calling all Mexicans those things. Rupert knows this already but consisted.  Go figure

As for your comments im not sure how to respond to that and I'm not 100% if it even makes sense.   What is the question exactly? 

3 minutes ago, Wiggums said:

I'm pointing out the fact that Trump wasn't calling all Mexicans those things. Rupert knows this already but consisted.  Go figure

As for your comments im not sure how to respond to that and I'm not 100% if it even makes sense.   What is the question exactly? 

Imagine if you're an illegal immigrant in the US. How likely are you to do illegal things compared with a normal citizen knowing you could get deported even from not doing illegal things? Just think logically on that. That's all you have to do to see that most illegal immigrants don't resort to drug dealing and other illegal activities since they're already in hiding from the law.

I also didn't say Mexicans. I said illegal immigrants.

Edited by The Lock
  • Cheers 1

1 minute ago, RupertKBD said:

Yes, I'm going to enormous "lengths".... It's just so "wild"....:classic_rolleyes:

I mean you are though? You seriously going to tell me if Donald Trump made any and or all of those comments Joe Biden made you wouldn't call him a racist. The hypocrisy is astounding. Better watch out for that racial jungle

19 minutes ago, Wiggums said:

Except that description exists only in the minds of racists and idiots....

2 minutes ago, Ricky Ravioli said:

I mean you are though? You seriously going to tell me if Donald Trump made any and or all of those comments Joe Biden made you wouldn't call him a racist. The hypocrisy is astounding. Better watch out for that racial jungle

Seriously? If that was all he ever said? Then no, I would not call him a racist.

But we all know he's said and done far more than that.

1 minute ago, RupertKBD said:

Seriously? If that was all he ever said? Then no, I would not call him a racist.

But we all know he's said and done far more than that.

But Joe Biden hasn't only said one thing now has he.

I have already provided a list of at least 4 separate instances of Joe Biden making racist comments and could probably pretty easily find more if I need to. So where is the cut off then? If Donald Trump's a racist, then so is Joe Biden. 

5 minutes ago, Ricky Ravioli said:

I have a theory that the more often someone speaks the likelihood of their saying dumb increases.  Politicians are living proof of that theory.

Another popular theory is that actions speak louder than words.

• Cheers 1

Just now, Ricky Ravioli said:

But Joe Biden hasn't only said one thing now has he.

I have already provided a list of at least 4 separate instances of Joe Biden making racist comments and could probably pretty easily find more if I need to. So where is the cut off then? If Donald Trump's a racist, then so is Joe Biden. 

I included all 4 of those examples in my calculation. The answer is still no....

10 minutes ago, Ricky Ravioli said:

First of all, could you please show me which statements you're referring to that Biden made that are racist?

Second of all, could you tell me with an actual honest to god straight face that Trump's never ever ever made a racist remark nor has he ever lied?

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, The Lock said:

Imagine if you're an illegal immigrant in the US. How likely are you to do illegal things compared with a normal citizen knowing you could get deported even from not doing illegal things? Just think logically on that. That's all you have to do to see that most illegal immigrants don't resort to drug dealing and other illegal activities since they're already in hiding from the law.

I also didn't say Mexicans. I said illegal immigrants.

If you are an illegal immigrant then you have already done something illegal.  

4 minutes ago, Satchmo said:

I have a theory that the more often someone speaks the likelihood of their saying dumb increases.  Politicians are living proof of that theory.

Another popular theory is that actions speak louder than words.

"Of course, he infamously worked with segregationist senators to oppose that mandatory busing, which decades later led to the strongest moment in Kamala Harris’s campaign for president, when she blasted him as having personally impacted her as a young girl."

Like those actions?

Edited by Ricky Ravioli

Just now, Wiggums said:

If you are an illegal immigrant then you have already done something illegal.  

Okay, so basically you don't care that they're less likely to do illegal things if they're already in the country illegally, correct?

Would you also like to see them deported? Keep in mind there are drastic consequences to that that would negatively affect republicans more than it would affect democrats.

Just now, RupertKBD said:

Disagree. As I said before the actions of the two are not analogous....

You can try to argue that all you like but that's... Just.. like your opinion man...

I disagree. Don't think Trump has done anything racist 

2 minutes ago, Ricky Ravioli said:

"Of course, he infamously worked with segregationist senators to oppose that mandatory busing, which decades later led to the strongest moment in Kamala Harris’s campaign for president, when she blasted him as having personally impacted her as a young girl."

Like those actions?

Yup.

Biden's busing record

CLAIM

Sen. Kamala Harris and former Vice President Joe Biden had a testy exchange on race and school busing. It began with Harris referencing Biden's recent comments about working with segregationist senators, and ended with her personal story of benefiting from busing, a policy she criticized Biden for opposing.

"And it was not only that, but you also worked with them to oppose busing. And there was a little girl in California who was part of the second class to integrate her public schools and she was bused to school every day. And that little girl was me."

Biden shot back claiming Harris' comments were "a mischaracterization of my position across the board." Biden said he opposed busing mandated by the Department of Education but that he would have allowed localities to bus students should they choose to do so.

CONCLUSION

Biden was a vocal opponent of federally-mandated busing. His remarks in the 1970s broadly denounced busing programs claiming they were bad for local communities.

EVIDENCE

In 1978, Biden co-sponsored and strongly advocated for legislation that would have limited the ability of federal judges to compel school districts to integrate public schools by busing black students to white areas and vice versa. He particularly solicited the support of segregationist Mississippi Democrat James Eastland, writing in 1977, "I want you to know that I very much appreciate your help during this week's committee meeting in attempting to bring my anti-busing legislation to a vote."

Biden says he would allow busing under certain circumstances. In cases where a school system has been racially segregated by gerrymandering district lines or by other legalistic means, Biden said he supported desegregation by any legal means at hand -- including busing.

In 1975, Biden supported an amendment offered by North Carolina Republican Senator Jesse Helms that would have made busing much more difficult in all jurisdictions by prohibiting the Department of Health, Education and Welfare from collecting information needed to identify segregated school systems.

However, neither piece of legislation would have explicitly prohibited Berkeley, where Harris went to school, from choosing to bus black students into majority white schools or vice versa. Berkeley was one of the first cities to adopt a busing program in 1968.

After the Helms amendment failed, Biden offered a provision that would've prevented federal funds from being used to require any school to assign students or teachers by race.

Biden said he supported school integration by other means but opposed busing because he thought it had a negative impact on communities.

• Thanks 1

5 minutes ago, Ricky Ravioli said:

You can try to argue that all you like but that's... Just.. like your opinion man...

I disagree. Don't think Trump has done anything racist 

Yes, that's my opinion.....You're welcome to disagree. That's what these boards are for....

5 minutes ago, the destroyer of worlds said:

The Central Park 5 would have something to say about that.

As would a certain former POTUS from "Kenya".....

As a matter of fact, so would his rival for the republican nomination:

https://thehill.com/homenews/campaign/4400840-trump-birther-conspiracy-theories-haley-2024/

I just want to say I hate a lot of these discussions. It saddens me to see so many still completely brainwashed by Trump who'd rather not think for themselves but let a wannabe dictator do it for them. It's basically pre-WW2 Germany but in the US. 😞

• Cheers 4

6 minutes ago, The Lock said:

Okay, so basically you don't care that they're less likely to do illegal things if they're already in the country illegally, correct?

Would you also like to see them deported? Keep in mind there are drastic consequences to that that would negatively affect republicans more than it would affect democrats.

If they are deemed good citizens they are allowed to stay.  I still don't see the point of the question