US Politics Thread

Sharpshooter

33 minutes ago, The Lock said:

What you do think he meant when he said "Kung Flu"?

Seriously. Tell me what you think that means.

My comparisons are what the original comments are basically saying to society. They have absolutely everything to do with the original comments dude. You're telling me you can't see that? Seriously?

Its a racist way of saying covid 19 at the time

• Cheers 1

Alina Habba Spotted At Trump Victory Party After Delaying Defamation Trial Over Illness

Donald Trump’s attorney, Alina Habba, was spotted rubbing elbows with Republicans in New Hampshire on Tuesday, just the day after asking for a delay in the ex-president’s defamation trial because she was feeling under the weather.

On Monday, one of the nine jurors considering writer E. Jean Carroll’s second defamation suit against Trump was excused for being ill.

Though Judge Lewis Kaplan and Carroll’s lawyers agreed to continue the trial with eight jurors, Trump’s legal team requested a delay, saying Habba had been exposed to COVID and had a fever. She was not wearing a mask during the hearing.

The next day, however, Habba was sighted celebrating Trump’s win in the New Hampshire primary by NBC News’ Garrett Haake.

Trump knocks former press secretary: ‘Save your advice for Nikki!’

Former President Trump attacked Kayleigh McEnany, his former White House press secretary, after she offered advice on Fox News about how he can unite the Republican party.

“I would suggest that adopting a general election tone is what you do at this point, and here’s why I say this: This was actually a fairly good night for Joe Biden. When you look at our voter analysis, only 10 percent said I would not vote for Joe Biden if he’s the nominee. He won a plurality of voters who said he was too old; he won a majority of voters who were upset about the Gaza war,” McEnany said during Fox’s coverage of Tuesday night’s New Hampshire primary.

“If I’m Trump, I sit back and I exclusively focus on the general election. I take the posture of a presumptive nominee. I focus on, No. 1, uniting the party, and No. 2, winning the independents, which Nikki Haley won 55-39 percent. That’s what I would do,” she continued.

McEnany’s comments were first highlighted be Mediaite.

Trump lashed out at his former press secretary in a post on Truth Social.

“I don’t need any advice from RINO Kayleigh McEnany on Fox,” he said. “Just had a GIANT VICTORY over a badly failing candidate, ‘Birdbrain,’ and she’s telling me what I can do better. Save your advice for Nikki!”

Trump has attacked McEnany in the past, referring to her as “milktoast McEnany” after she spoke on Fox’s airwaves about polling showing positive results for Florida Gov. Ron DeSantis (R), who has since dropped out of the GOP primary.

• Cheers 1

2 minutes ago, nuckin_futz said:

Just goes to show that the GOP are scared of what could happen in Arizona. Even if Lake comes in 3rd, most of the votes she'd be getting would otherwise be going to the Republicans. It's kind of a similar effect the PPC has had on the Conservatives in Canada.

28 minutes ago, The Lock said:

I never said he was dumb. I never said he was playing 4d chess (although I wouldn't doubt if that's what he thought about himself).

What I do think is he's unfit to lead and doesn't have the best interests of anyone other than himself.

I tend to think a convicted rapist is unfit to be a President (even if you ignore all the "other stuff")😉

• Cheers 1

2 minutes ago, NewbieCanuckFan said:

I tend to think a convicted rapist is unfit to be a President (even if you ignore all the "other stuff")😉

Even the notion of a recently convicted felon should be enough to stop presidency. You shouldn't even have to go farther than that.

2 hours ago, Wiggums said:

Openly racist standing on stage with two people of color 😑

Prison reform, low employment rates, standing and shaking hands with people of color, saying he's not racist, donations to colleges, wanting to declare the KKK a terrorist group.. super openly racist stuff here

what has he done that is openly racist?

Oh no, a true believer. 

Well, start with the central park 5 and then we can work from there.

48 minutes ago, The Lock said:

More like you don't want to go that deep.

I'm thinking you know what it means and you're just playing dumb anyway. Either that, or I'm giving you more credit than you deserve. I haven't decided yet.

It's possible, but I'm not sure he's playing......:classic_unsure:

4 hours ago, The Arrogant Worms said:

Speaking of the Daily Show:

Jon Stewart Will Return to Host ‘The Daily Show’ on Mondays

Mr. Stewart will take the reins of Comedy Central’s “The Daily Show,” the show he hosted to huge success from 1999 to 2015, for one night a week through the 2024 presidential election, the network said in a surprise announcement on Wednesday. Mr. Stewart’s first show will be on Feb. 12.

https://www.nytimes.com/2024/01/24/arts/television/jon-stewart-daily-show.html?campaign_id=60&emc=edit_na_20240124&instance_id=0&nl=breaking-news&ref=cta&regi_id=56405277&segment_id=156193&user_id=dc88543b79693b0f05322365a827e237

Edited by UnkNuk
  • Cheers 1

5 minutes ago, Bob Long said:

Oh no, a true believer. 

Well, start with the central park 5 and then we can work from there.

Yeah sure.  What about that proves Trump is openly racist?  Keyword being "proof".  Your feelings aren't proof by the way 

2 minutes ago, RupertKBD said:

Oh, I think my argument has been pretty clear (and backed up by facts and sources) over the past few pages.

No lol.. No it hasn't... Your entire argument is based on feelings and opinions. All which you are entitled to mind you. But don't be confused. Nothing you have stated is fact

17 minutes ago, Wiggums said:

Yeah sure.  What about that proves Trump is openly racist?  Keyword being "proof".  Your feelings aren't proof by the way 

Ok, let's just step back a bit from calling Trump a racist.  As you point out that is a hard thing to prove unless you are someone like David Duke.

I'd rather discuss how he panders them and how he does not seem to care what someone believes in as long as they vote for him.  There's been plenty of proof of that.

4 minutes ago, Ricky Ravioli said:

No lol.. No it hasn't... Your entire argument is based on feelings and opinions. All which you are entitled to mind you. But don't be confused. Nothing you have stated is fact

Right....

Refusing to rent to African Americans, the Central Park Five, the Birther conspiracy, the Muslim ban, calling asylum seekers rapists and drug dealers, Kung Flu, asking a judge to recuse himself because of his Mexican heritage, telling members of The Squad to "go back to their countries"......

All "just my opinion".....:classic_rolleyes:

BTW: He also said this:

7 minutes ago, Satchmo said:

Ok, let's just step back a bit from calling Trump a racist.  As you point out that is a hard thing to prove unless you are someone like David Duke.

I'd rather discuss how he panders them and how he does not seem to care what someone believes in as long as they vote for him.  There's been plenty of proof of that.

Is designating the KKK as a terrorist group considered pandering to racists ?  It Would kinda be the opposite wouldn't it?

But I mean yeah there are always going to be racists and if they have to vote for somebody I'm sure he would take it.  

2 hours ago, Ricky Ravioli said:

But Joe Biden hasn't only said one thing now has he.

I have already provided a list of at least 4 separate instances of Joe Biden making racist comments and could probably pretty easily find more if I need to. So where is the cut off then? If Donald Trump's a racist, then so is Joe Biden. 

So you're admitting Trump is in fact a racist then?

That's a start

1 hour ago, Ricky Ravioli said:

You guys think Trump is the dumbest guy around. You really think he's playing some 4d chess with that comment? Come on. Clearly just thought he was being funny. Not that deep

Yes because people making racial statements in jest makes it ok 

As a guest nations individual, tell me how labelling more than one person Pocahontas isn't racist.

No no go ahead tell me 

22 minutes ago, RupertKBD said:

Right....

Refusing to rent to African Americans, the Central Park Five, the Birther conspiracy, the Muslim ban, calling asylum seekers rapists and drug dealers, Kung Flu, asking a judge to recuse himself because of his Mexican heritage, telling members of The Squad to "go back to their countries"......

All "just my opinion".....:classic_rolleyes:

BTW: He also said this:

In 2010, he warmly eulogized Sen. Robert Byrd, a former Exalted Cyclops in the Ku Klux Klan, saying he was “one of my mentors” and that “the Senate is a lesser place for his going.”

I can play the same game 🤷

2 minutes ago, The Arrogant Worms said:

The Trump administration has taken the historic step of designating a white supremacist group as a global terrorist organization, sanctioning a Russian organization and three of its leaders Monday.

https://abcnews.go.com/Politics/state-dept-labels-white-supremacist-group-terrorists-1st/story?id=69998908

The Trump administration was a global terrorist organization.

49 minutes ago, Wiggums said:

Central park 5

Segregation of rental units

Open use of the n word

Relating south east Asians to 7/11 workers

9/11 comments

Calling first nations individuals Pocahontas

"Look at my black guy" during campaign

Comments about Obama

Comments about Haley

Comments about various Dem senators/Congress people 

He obviously just thinks all of this is funny so it's on.  Right?

Before you say show me proof.

Super easy to find

https://www.vox.com/identities/2018/8/16/17693342/donald-trump-n-word-tape-racism-omarosa-manigault-controversy

https://www.cnn.com/2018/08/14/politics/trump-nword-omarosa/index.html

https://rollcall.com/2018/08/02/top-10-trump-nicknames-and-why-they-stick-to-his-foes/

https://abcnews.go.com/Politics/blame-abc-news-finds-17-cases-invoking-trump/story?id=58912889

https://nationalpost.com/news/world/trump-keeps-up-attack-on-anti-israel-anti-u-s-a-pro-terrorist-congresswomen

https://www.politico.com/story/2016/11/9-ways-trump-insulted-obama-231184

https://www.vox.com/2016/7/25/12270880/donald-trump-racist-racism-history

https://youtu.be/H0Re-UFTqZc?si=XOIcBeJELmE7rpYR

But show me where trump is a racist or says racist things because obviously this is just him joking around and obviously that makes it ok

2 minutes ago, Ricky Ravioli said:

In 2010, he warmly eulogized Sen. Robert Byrd, a former Exalted Cyclops in the Ku Klux Klan, saying he was “one of my mentors” and that “the Senate is a lesser place for his going.”

I can play the same game 🤷

80 years ago a 23 year old southern man made a mistake he later regretted...

Byrd later called joining the KKK "the greatest mistake I ever made." In 1997, he told an interviewer he would encourage young people to become involved in politics but also warned, "Be sure you avoid the Ku Klux Klan. Don't get that albatross around your neck. Once you've made that mistake, you inhibit your operations in the political arena." In his last autobiography, Byrd explained that he was a KKK member because he "was sorely afflicted with tunnel vision— a jejune and immature outlook—seeing only what I wanted to see because I thought the Klan could provide an outlet for my talents and ambitions." Byrd also said in 2005, "I know now I was wrong. Intolerance had no place in America. I apologized a thousand times ... and I don't mind apologizing over and over again. I can't erase what happened."