US Politics Thread

Sharpshooter

2 minutes ago, Bob Long said:

no, objective. How many people do you know that has his history of racist stuff (not surprising from a slum lord father, apple, tree, etc.), convicted of sexual assault, says people like Putin and Kim Jong Un are good people? All the daily shitty things he says on social media attacking people. 

None of that is subjective. 

I guess maybe you enjoy that stuff Ricky? but yes, Trump is objectively a piece of shit. 

Objectively a piece of shit? Sure. A racist one though? That's just your subjective opinion 

33 minutes ago, Ricky Ravioli said:

Uhhhh... Tucker Carlson isn't in that video... 

Something odd about that link.  The first time it took me to Carlson's face and stayed there.  Now it takes me to Trump's face for a second or two and then the video begins.

Anyway call me biased again - and again I won't care -  I did not even watch it.  Trump is a salesman above all and he knows what to say when cornered and the cameras are on.

3 minutes ago, Ricky Ravioli said:

Objectively a piece of shit? Sure. A racist one though? That's just your subjective opinion 

no, its not. Again, if you are willing to pander to racists, that makes you a racist person. Its not arguable. 

3 minutes ago, Bob Long said:

no, its not. Again, if you are willing to pander to racists, that makes you a racist person. Its not arguable. 

Nope. I don't pander to racists. You don't even know what a racist is, so your opinion doesn't hold much weight to me. It's disappointing how low the bar has been brought down to these days for what's "racist" 

6 minutes ago, Satchmo said:

Something odd about that link.  The first time it took me to Carlson's face and stayed there.  Now it takes me to Trump's face for a second or two and then the video begins.

Anyway call me biased again - and again I won't care -  I did not even watch it.  Trump is a salesman above all and he knows what to say when cornered and the cameras are on.

At least you can admit your bias

Just now, Ricky Ravioli said:

Nope. I don't pander to racists. You don't even know what a racist is, so your opinion doesn't hold much weight to me.

wut? 😂 try again Ricky. Its not hard to spot. Here are some closer to home for you: https://globalnews.ca/news/8543281/covid-trucker-convoy-organizers-hate/

It's disappointing how low the bar has been brought down to these days for what's "racist" 

https://www.vox.com/2016/7/25/12270880/donald-trump-racist-racism-history

1 minute ago, Bob Long said:

wut? 😂 try again Ricky. Its not hard to spot. Here are some closer to home for you: https://globalnews.ca/news/8543281/covid-trucker-convoy-organizers-hate/

https://www.vox.com/2016/7/25/12270880/donald-trump-racist-racism-history

An opinion piece from global? Cool...

I can do the same thing with Biden?

https://www.washingtontimes.com/news/2022/jul/15/bidens-racist-history/

5 hours ago, Ricky Ravioli said:

“For Biden to show up there and give a political speech, it’s offensive in itself,” the former United Nations ambassador and South Carolina governor said during a town hall on Fox News in Des Moines, Iowa. “I don’t need someone who palled around with segregationists in the ‘70s and has said racist comments all the way through his career lecturing me or anyone in South Carolina about what it means to have racism, slavery, or anything related to the Civil War.”

https://apnews.com/article/nikki-haley-joe-biden-election-2024-a12bd53d532c936a5c256a1450e554f5

Meh, Haley has to go back to 70s to dig up segregationists and JB.

She just needs to look at her party in 2024 containing Miller, Bannon, Gosar, Gohmert, Hawley, MTG etc. to realize her friends are racists, segregationists, white supremacists, bigots etc.

Edited by CBH1926
  • Cheers 2

Some people are slow learners-take this guy as an example.

How F in stupid do you have to be to deride a Judge, before he pronounces your sentence?

https://www.msn.com/en-ca/news/world/proud-boys-member-sentenced-to-6-years-in-prison-for-capitol-riot-role-after-berating-judge/ar-BB1hcyyZ?ocid=msedgntp&pc=U531&cvid=67976f0c89f84e5882ef54f8c6c7b40e&ei=13

"

WASHINGTON (AP) — A man who stormed the U.S. Capitol with fellow Proud Boys extremist group members was sentenced on Wednesday to six years in prison after he berated and insulted the judge who punished him.

Marc Bru repeatedly interrupted Chief Judge James Boasberg before he handed down the sentence, calling him a “clown” and a “fraud" presiding over a “kangaroo court." The judge warned Bru that he could be kicked out of the courtroom if he continued to disrupt the proceedings.

“You can give me 100 years and I'd do it all over again,” said Bru, who was handcuffed and shackled.

“That's the definition of no remorse in my book,” the judge said.

Prosecutors described Bru as one of the least remorseful rioters who assaulted the Capitol on Jan. 6, 2021. They say Bru planned for an armed insurrection — a “January 6 2.0” attack — to take over the government in Portland, Oregon, several weeks after the deadly riot in Washington, D.C.

-------------------------------------------------------------------

More at the link.

• Vintage 1

2 minutes ago, CBH1926 said:

Meh, Haley has to go back to 70s to dig up segregationists and JB.

She just needs to look at her party in 2024 containing Miller, Bannon, Gosar, Gohmert, Hawley, MTG etc. to realize her friends are racists, segregationists, white supremacists, bigots etc.

You don't need to go that far back

On Charlamagne Tha God’s popular morning radio show in May 2020, Biden infamously asserted to the largely black audience that if they were unsure of whether to vote for him or Trump, then “you ain’t black!”

Then in August 2020, Biden told a gathering of black and Hispanic journalists that “unlike the African American community, with notable exceptions, the Latino community is an incredibly diverse community with incredibly different attitudes about different things.”

8 minutes ago, Ricky Ravioli said:

An opinion piece from global? Cool...

I can do the same thing with Biden?

https://www.washingtontimes.com/news/2022/jul/15/bidens-racist-history/

oh Ricky. Is Biden cozying up to white nationalists in that piece?

Like I said, its obvious to anyone without a gripe what Trump is. If you want to think he's a good dude, thats OK, its a big tent. 

3 minutes ago, Bob Long said:

oh Ricky. Is Biden cozying up to white nationalists in that piece?

Like I said, its obvious to anyone without a gripe what Trump is. If you want to think he's a good dude, thats OK, its a big tent. 

Did I say he was a good dude? I'm just going to call out the bullshit when I see it. If you got stuff to criticize based on policy or lack of accomplishments during his term, then go on King and I'll leave ya be. Otherwise I will push back. This whole everyone is a racist nonsense these days is getting out of hand

• Cheers 1

On Charlamagne Tha God’s popular morning radio show in May 2020, Biden infamously asserted to the largely black audience that if they were unsure of whether to vote for him or Trump, then “you ain’t black!”

Then in August 2020, Biden told a gathering of black and Hispanic journalists that “unlike the African American community, with notable exceptions, the Latino community is an incredibly diverse community with incredibly different attitudes about different things.”

Could these be observations of culture?  Or is it racist of me to even consider that Blacks and Latinos can have distinctive cultures?

Anyway, how long will this internet scavenger hunt go on?  For every quote there is an anti-quote.

Did I say he was a good dude? I'm just going to call out the bullshit when I see it. If you got stuff to criticize based on policy or lack of accomplishments during his term, then go on King and I'll leave ya be. Otherwise I will push back. This whole everyone is a racist nonsense these days is getting out of hand

what is it you think you are "pushing back" against? Go read the Vox link I posted, you'll see plenty of objective discussion on what Trump has said and done on a racist level. There's no straw man there Ricky.

Trump is willing to pander to white nationalists. Yes, that makes him a racist. Like I said, its not arguable. Saying "everyone is a racist" doesn't negate what Trump has done. 

14 minutes ago, Ricky Ravioli said:

Arthur Jones who ran as a Republican in Illinois few times.

Former head of the American nazi party and Holocaust denier, sporting MAGA hat.

Who do you think he voted for?

IMG_3397.jpeg

• Cheers 1

5 minutes ago, Bob Long said:

what is it you think you are "pushing back" against? Go read the Vox link I posted, you'll see plenty of objective discussion on what Trump has said and done on a racist level. There's no straw man there Ricky.

Trump is willing to pander to white nationalists. Yes, that makes him a racist. Like I said, its not arguable. Saying "everyone is a racist" doesn't negate what Trump has done. 

Vox is a joke.

2004: In season two of The Apprentice, Trump fired Kevin Allen, a Black contestant, for being overeducated. “You’re an unbelievably talented guy in terms of education, and you haven’t done anything,” Trump said on the show. “At some point you have to say, ‘That’s enough.’”

What exactly is even racist there? 

"For many people, none of these incidents, individually, may be damning: One of these alone might suggest that Trump is simply a bad speaker and perhaps racially insensitive (“politically incorrect,” as he would put it), but not overtly racist.

But when you put all these events together, a clear pattern emerges. At the very least, Trump has a history of playing into people’s racism to bolster himself — and that likely says something about him, too."

Even the author of the article can't even commit to calling him a racist. The most he will commit to is he has said some controversial stuff

Vox is a joke.

2004: In season two of The Apprentice, Trump fired Kevin Allen, a Black contestant, for being overeducated. “You’re an unbelievably talented guy in terms of education, and you haven’t done anything,” Trump said on the show. “At some point you have to say, ‘That’s enough.’”

What exactly is even racist there? 

"For many people, none of these incidents, individually, may be damning: One of these alone might suggest that Trump is simply a bad speaker and perhaps racially insensitive (“politically incorrect,” as he would put it), but not overtly racist.

But when you put all these events together, a clear pattern emerges. At the very least, Trump has a history of playing into people’s racism to bolster himself — and that likely says something about him, too."

Even the author of the article can't even commit to calling him a racist. The most he will commit to is he has said some controversial stuff

nope Ricky you don't get to do that. Look at the incidents in the story, you can't brush that off 'because vox'. 

I'll say it again, as it seems unclear to you. When you pander to white nationalists, that makes you a racist. I don't believe you don't understand that, not sure why you dance around it. 

• Confused 1

This is what passes for progress in Alabama.....coming up with new ways to kill people....:classic_dry:

https://www.msn.com/en-ca/news/us/supreme-court-allows-alabama-to-carry-out-first-execution-by-nitrogen-gas/ar-BB1hcKbc?ocid=hpmsn&cvid=573c175c80684891b100883d29434c1e&ei=21

The Supreme Court on Wednesday refused to stop Alabama from executing an inmate by nitrogen hypoxia, a controversial and untested method that has prompted legal pushback and a rebuke from the United Nations. Kenneth Eugene Smith is scheduled to be the first person in the United States to be put to death with nitrogen gas.

Just now, Bob Long said:

nope Ricky you don't get to do that. Look at the incidents in the story, you can't brush that off 'because vox'. 

I'll say it again, as it seems unclear to you. When you pander to white nationalists, that makes you a racist. I don't believe you don't understand that, not sure why you dance around it. 

You mean stuff taken out of context or without context entirely? Nah I don't think I will fam.

Then I guess it's a good thing there hasn't been any pandering

2 minutes ago, Bob Long said:

I don’t think that Manicotti understands that while Biden has said things in a past that are considered racist.

Trump voting base consists of white supremacists, klansman, nazis, militias amongst others.

Like having dinner with Nick Fuentes who had that “joke” how many hours would it take to bake 6 million cookies.

How many ovens would you need, how many trays etc. 

• Vintage 1

2 minutes ago, CBH1926 said:

I don’t think that Manicotti understands that while Biden has said things in a past that are considered racist.

Trump voting base consists of white supremacists, klansman, nazis, militias amongst others.

Like having dinner with Nick Fuentes who had that “joke” how many hours would it take to bake 6 million cookies.

How many ovens would you need, how many trays etc. 

“This past week, Kanye West called me to have dinner at Mar-a-Lago,” he wrote. “Shortly thereafter, he unexpectedly showed up with three of his friends, whom I knew nothing about. We had dinner on Tuesday evening with many members present on the back patio. The dinner was quick and uneventful. They then left for the airport.”

https://www.politico.com/news/2022/11/25/trump-white-nationalist-nick-fuentes-kanye-00070825

That dinner?

• Haha 1