US Politics Thread

Sharpshooter

12 minutes ago, CBH1926 said:

I don’t think that Manicotti understands that while Biden has said things in a past that are considered racist.

Trump voting base consists of white supremacists, klansman, nazis, militias amongst others.

Like having dinner with Nick Fuentes who had that “joke” how many hours would it take to bake 6 million cookies.

How many ovens would you need, how many trays etc. 

10 minutes ago, Ricky Ravioli said:

“This past week, Kanye West called me to have dinner at Mar-a-Lago,” he wrote. “Shortly thereafter, he unexpectedly showed up with three of his friends, whom I knew nothing about. We had dinner on Tuesday evening with many members present on the back patio. The dinner was quick and uneventful. They then left for the airport.”

https://www.politico.com/news/2022/11/25/trump-white-nationalist-nick-fuentes-kanye-00070825

That dinner?

I'm curious to know your thoughts are on what CBH1926 said in the bolded line.

Just now, Satchmo said:

I'm curious to know your thoughts are on what CBH1926 said in the bolded line.

Ohhh I don't doubt for a second racist garbage votes for Trump. But like you guys have already said, don't all racists vote Republican anyways? 

11 minutes ago, Ricky Ravioli said:

“This past week, Kanye West called me to have dinner at Mar-a-Lago,” he wrote. “Shortly thereafter, he unexpectedly showed up with three of his friends, whom I knew nothing about. We had dinner on Tuesday evening with many members present on the back patio. The dinner was quick and uneventful. They then left for the airport.”

https://www.politico.com/news/2022/11/25/trump-white-nationalist-nick-fuentes-kanye-00070825

That dinner?

When you have dinner with your friend who is known for antisemitism and he brings his friend who is Holocaust denier.

How does that saying go? You are the company you keep.

• Cheers 1

2 hours ago, Ricky Ravioli said:

"Monday when first lady Jill Biden spoke to the UnidosUS conference and said, “The diversity of this community — as distinct as the bodegas of the Bronx, as beautiful as the blossoms of Miami and as unique as the breakfast tacos here in San Antonio, is your strength.” She was rightfully denounced by elected officials, candidates, and even some in the media like the National Association of Hispanic Journalists. 

This isn’t the first time a member of the Biden family has said something outrageous about race. In 2007, then-Sen. Biden said this about then-Sen. Barack Obama: “I mean, you got the first mainstream African American who is articulate and bright and clean and a nice-looking guy. I mean, that’s a storybook, man.”

https://www.washingtontimes.com/news/2022/jul/15/bidens-racist-history/

2 hours ago, Wiggums said:

Cool. There's a long list of similar things that Biden has said  

Cool so BIden is also a racist.  Meaning America has a long history of electing racists.

Doesn't mean Trump isn't.  You two ready to admit that yet?

Just now, CBH1926 said:

When you have dinner with your friend who is known for antisemitism and he brings his friend who is Holocaust denier.

How does that saying go? You are the company you keep.

I had no idea who the f Nick Fuentes was. Did you?

Just now, Ricky Ravioli said:

Ohhh I don't doubt for a second racist garbage votes for Trump. But like you guys have already said, don't all racists vote Republican anyways? 

I only speak for myself.  I am just angered when politicians cuddle up to them when, given their public comments, they should be shunning them.

Everybody should vote however they want to no matter who they are.

• Cheers 1

1 minute ago, CBH1926 said:

He lives fairly close to where I live so I have heard of him and seen his “sketch”

Fair enough. I think it's reasonable to assume though he had no idea who he was though. Kanye West though... Yea, he said some dumb shit, so he should probably have avoided that dinner 

2 minutes ago, Ricky Ravioli said:

Fair enough. I think it's reasonable to assume though he had no idea who he was though. Kanye West though... Yea, he said some dumb shit, so he should probably have avoided that dinner 

Please he knew exactly who he was. 

2 minutes ago, Ricky Ravioli said:

I had no idea who the f Nick Fuentes was. Did you?

Donald Trump is a very stupid man.  But not in every respect. In marketing and self promotion and the gift of the gab he's no. 1.  And he surrounds himself with like minds.  Do you not think that if not Trump, then those people around him like Stephen Miller, would know full well who Nick Fuentes was?  And what kind of message that sends to his racist supporters?  And they weighed the pros and cons and decided that the optics would only scare away the Never-Trumpers and the Democrats and the "fake news" media, and actually help solidify his votes from the type of people who will vote for him? 

• Vintage 1

Just now, Warhippy said:

you're the one stating trump isnt racist, but trying to say biden is based on the same metrics, so figure it out.

I guess the whole point of my argument went over your head, so I'm sorry for that. I actually don't think either is racist. 

• Haha 2

Just now, Ricky Ravioli said:

I guess the whole point of my argument went over your head, so I'm sorry for that. I actually don't think either is racist. 

and everyone is entitled tot heir own opinion I guess

6 minutes ago, RupertKBD said:

Says the guy who posts articles from the Washington Times....:classic_rolleyes:

https://mediabiasfactcheck.com/washington-times/

8 minutes ago, RupertKBD said:

Says the guy who posts articles from the Washington Times....:classic_rolleyes:

https://mediabiasfactcheck.com/washington-times/

https://www.nytimes.com/2020/05/22/us/politics/joe-biden-black-breakfast-club.html

I can get the rest individually if need be

4 minutes ago, Warhippy said:

and everyone is entitled tot heir own opinion I guess

Of course. It's when people think their opinion is gospel or the fact of truth when I have a problem 

I.e "I am of the opinion Trump is a racist"

Vs

"Trump is a bloody racist cause he said the thing I don't like"

Edited by Ricky Ravioli

2 minutes ago, Spur1 said:

You were the one saying he didn’t. 

Well because he literally said he didn't know him. So unless you can prove otherwise then, that's what I'm going with. I have a hard time believing many people even knew who he was at the time