US Politics Thread

Sharpshooter

1 hour ago, Ricky Ravioli said:

You mean stuff taken out of context or without context entirely? Nah I don't think I will fam.

Then I guess it's a good thing there hasn't been any pandering

No, just dancing.

Hey what's your take on pat king?

1 minute ago, PistolPete13 said:

There are more than a few of us on this board that have similar beliefs as yours.

I’d describe myself as either a Rino or a never Trumper, with a compassionate streak. I support Obama care and a woman’s right to choose. I’m not sure that this makes me a Liberal or not.

I do know that my complete and utter opposition to Trump automatically cause some here to criticize me for being a lib, or a liberal. I’m 69 and I’ve been a business owner all my life. Never been called a liberal before.

Now I’m starting to think that being called a liberal might not be such a bad thing. I prefer it to being a Trump ball licker.

You sound like a sensible person.

I don't know why anyone would run around and pretend that trump isn't a sleazy racist but I guess it takes all kinds. 

• Thanks 2

10 minutes ago, PistolPete13 said:

There are more than a few of us on this board that have similar beliefs as yours.

I’d describe myself as either a Rino or a never Trumper, with a compassionate streak. I support Obama care and a woman’s right to choose. I’m not sure that this makes me a Liberal or not.

I do know that my complete and utter opposition to Trump automatically cause some here to criticize me for being a lib, or a liberal. I’m 69 and I’ve been a business owner all my life. Never been called a liberal before.

Now I’m starting to think that being called a liberal might not be such a bad thing. I prefer it to being a Trump ball licker.

Yeah, I'm really all about equality and would love to see the US healthcare system improve. It saddens me when corporations effectively brainwash the masses into thinking whatever they want, which seems to happen all too much in the states.

On the flip side, when I say equality, I mean that if you give me a bunch of resumes, I'm going to choose who I feel is the best fit of job, ignoring gender, race, etc. I could still end up hiring 2 white guys and I think that should be fine, so long as the decision ignored those factors of discrimination and treated everyone fairly. This is where I feel I often am at odds with certain... policies...

Whether that makes me even more left than I realise or not... who knows... lol

Edited by The Lock
  • Cheers 1

I wasn't commenting on your pathetic example of Biden's "racism", I was commenting on your lack of self-awareness in criticizing others' sources, when you post articles form garbage sources yourself.

• Thanks 1

3 minutes ago, Super19 said:

This is a real problem for Biden:

Yeah, not a good look....

That being said, it's pretty much a "no win" situation. If he doesn't back Israel, he risks losing the Jewish vote....

He probably won't get any credit for it, but at least he's been pushing Bibi on the Two State Solution:

https://thehill.com/policy/international/4425510-netanyahu-tests-bidens-patience-israel-hamas-war/

He got booted for posting a picture of him and Alina Habba, thereby blowing her cover. Habba had earlier asked for and was granted a continuance due to a Covid exposure (her parents) and her having a fever. Here she is looking 100% and with no mask. Pretty sure Judge Kaplan is going to rip her a new one.

image.png.4f4a067e40f36a361f9359191adba992.png

• Cheers 2
  • Upvote 1

26 minutes ago, RupertKBD said:

I wasn't commenting on your pathetic example of Biden's "racism", I was commenting on your lack of self-awareness in criticizing others' sources, when you post articles form garbage sources yourself.

Loool the article was just a list. There was nothing inaccurate about it. So your weak whataboutism can get lost.

56 minutes ago, The Lock said:

Yeah, I'm really all about equality and would love to see the US healthcare system improve. It saddens me when corporations effectively brainwash the masses into thinking whatever they want, which seems to happen all too much in the states.

On the flip side, when I say equality, I mean that if you give me a bunch of resumes, I'm going to choose who I feel is the best fit of job, ignoring gender, race, etc. I could still end up hiring 2 white guys and I think that should be fine, so long as the decision ignored those factors of discrimination and treated everyone fairly. This is where I feel I often am at odds with certain... policies...

Whether that makes me even more left than I realise or not... who knows... lol

You sound like a well adjusted guy. What we consider to be centrist in Canada would put you on the left to far left in the US. 

• Cheers 1

2 minutes ago, Ricky Ravioli said:

Loool the article was just a list. There was nothing inaccurate about it. So your weak whataboutism can get lost.

So what? You called someone else's source a "joke", when you yourself posted the Washington Times as a source.

I didn't say anything about your trash sources until you criticized Vox.

• Upvote 1

2 minutes ago, RupertKBD said:

So what? You called someone else's source a "joke", when you yourself posted the Washington Times as a source.

I didn't say anything about your trash sources until you criticized Vox.

Again, there is nothing inaccurate in that article so we are talking in circles here

Exclusive: House ethics probe of Gaetz seeks information from DOJ and woman who allegedly had sex with congressman as a minor

The House Ethics Committee investigating Rep. Matt Gaetz has reached out to the woman whom the congressman allegedly had sexual relations with when she was a 17-year-old minor, according to a source familiar with the committee’s work.

The outreach, which has not previously been reported, is a sign that the GOP-led committee’s investigation into the Florida Republican has recently expanded to include questioning around allegations of sex crimes.

Sources said the committee also has reached out to the Justice Department requesting materials from its investigation into Gaetz, which included allegations of lobbying violations, sex-trafficking and possible obstruction of justice. The federal probe, which also included allegations he had sex with a minor, concluded in 2023 with no charges brought against the congressman.

Gaetz has repeatedly denied any wrongdoing, including ever having sex with a minor or paying for sex.

“Those allegations were not true, have never been true, and the people who spread those lies have been exposed, indicted, and imprisoned,” Gaetz said in response to CNN Wednesday.

The Ethics Committee’s outreach to the young woman and the Justice Department comes amid a new flurry of activity in the probe, including outreach to multiple other witnesses and starting to conduct witness interviews. The increased activity under Republican leadership is notable given the committee probe was started by House Democrats in 2021.

Gaetz, who led the charge to oust former House Speaker Kevin McCarthy, has privately blamed McCarthy for the committee restarting its probe under the California Republican’s watch.

• Cheers 2

1 hour ago, nuckin_futz said:

He got booted for posting a picture of him and Alina Habba, thereby blowing her cover. Habba had earlier asked for and was granted a continuance due to a Covid exposure (her parents) and her having a fever. Here she is looking 100% and with no mask. Pretty sure Judge Kaplan is going to rip her a new one.

image.png.4f4a067e40f36a361f9359191adba992.png

She said she'd rather have good looks over brains.

She better bank every penny cause no self-respecting individual would hire her as their attorney.   

• Thanks 1
  • Vintage 1

4 hours ago, Ricky Ravioli said:

Well because he literally said he didn't know him. So unless you can prove otherwise then, that's what I'm going with. I have a hard time believing many people even knew who he was at the time 

You are going by Trump’s word. Now that is hilarious 😂

• Cheers 3

1 hour ago, the destroyer of worlds said:

She said she'd rather have good looks over brains.

She better bank every penny cause no self-respecting individual would hire her as their attorney.   

She'll have no shortage of work in Florida.

• Cheers 1

I think the average person has no idea who "Nick Fuentes" is. So you know what? On this specific issue, I think I will take his word for it 🤷

Talk about putting your head in the sand. Guess what your ass will still get burned or worse. 

• Like 2

6 hours ago, Spur1 said:

Talk about putting your head in the sand. Guess what your ass will still get burned or worse. 

Or try this. I'm not American, so I couldn't care less who he has dinner with? This stuff is all so ridiculous. If you think the average person cares about this or even knows for that matter. You guys spend waaaay too much time on twitter me thinks