US Politics Thread

Sharpshooter

Just now, King Heffy said:

Then send troops from the civilized parts of the country and start executing these pieces of shit for treason.

That's not how it works.  The president would federalize the Texas National Guard and order them to stand down.

Just now, Sabrefan1 said:

That's not how it works.  The president would federalize the Texas National Guard and order them to stand down.

That's a good first step, but any resistance whatsoever needs to be met with lethal force.

16 minutes ago, Sabrefan1 said:

Huge trucker convoy headed to the Texas border and 25 governors pledge their support to Texas.  This could get interesting especially if those 25 states mobilize their troops to go to Texas's aid.  That is how civil wars can begin. 

In a way, you can't blame them....

The states should be free to drown women and children.....and / or slice them up with razor wire, for the crime of trying to flee the Cartels.....

• Cheers 1

Just now, King Heffy said:

That's a good first step, but any resistance whatsoever needs to be met with lethal force.

Then the other 25 governors send in their National Guard troops and if so much as one of those states troops refuse to obey the president, the US will technically be at war with itself and Biden will go in the history books as the president that had a second civil war begin on his watch.

• Cheers 1

1 minute ago, RupertKBD said:

The states should be free to drown women and children.....and / or slice them up with razor wire, for the crime of trying to flee the Cartels.....

None of that affects me.  Buffalo took in as many refugees from NYC as we could.  The rest is between NYC and Texas and Biden.

Then the other 25 governors send in their National Guard troops and if so much as one of those states troops refuse to obey the president, the US will technically be at war with itself and Biden will go in the history books as the president that had a second civil war begin on his watch.

That might be necessary in other to exterminate these worthless pieces of garbage.  It's a better option than allowing them to keep up their domestic terrorism.

1 minute ago, Sabrefan1 said:

None of that affects me.  Buffalo took in as many refugees from NYC as we could.  The rest is between NYC and Texas and Biden.

I'm not sure how the above statement relates to what I said....:classic_unsure:

2 minutes ago, King Heffy said:

That might be necessary in other to exterminate these worthless pieces of garbage.  It's a better option than allowing them to keep up their domestic terrorism.

Most of those of us who live here would disagree.  Civil wars no matter how small they are to begin tend to simmer and eventually explode into something that fundamentally changes a country.  What would emerge may be less pleasant than what we have now.

8 minutes ago, RupertKBD said:

They're here because they saw the initial wave of refugees get free housing and food in prime hotels and they assumed they'd get the same.  By the time they arrived they saw it wasn't that way anymore.

I watched a news clip of a guy from Africa (Sudan if I remember correctly) complaining about the cold weather and his lack of accommodations and that he was better off back in Sudan.

5 minutes ago, Sabrefan1 said:

They're here because they saw the initial wave of refugees get free housing and food in prime hotels and they assumed they'd get the same.  By the time they arrived they saw it wasn't that way anymore.

I watched a news clip of a guy from Africa (Sudan if I remember correctly) complaining about the cold weather and his lack of accommodations and that he was better off back in Sudan.

I don't think you can speak for everyone who is trying to cross the border.

I think it bears noting that the woman who drowned with her kids knew what she could expect from the state of Texas and tried to cross anyway. That suggests to me that things were bad enough back home that she was willing to risk her life and those of her children. I have a hard time believing she would do something like that because she was told she would get "free housing and food in prime hotels:....

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Sabrefan1 said:

Huge trucker convoy headed to the Texas border and 25 governors pledge their support to Texas.  This could get interesting especially if those 25 states mobilize their troops to go to Texas's aid.  That is how civil wars can begin. 

Pledging support is easy for a governor to do. That's a simple tweet, a walk up to a podium, or something of the like. To think that even remotely means the state would mobilize their troops is a rather massive step from a single tweet.

It would be the difference between me replying to someone here and me walking up to their house with my fist. They're very different things.

I'm at least hoping that you think the mobilization is highly unlikely because otherwise I'd be a little concerned for your mental well-being if I'm being honest. lol

Edited by The Lock

50 minutes ago, Bob Long said:

Big opportunity in bouncy castle rental if you hurry.

47 minutes ago, Sabrefan1 said:

American_flag_castle_1.jpg

The bouncy castle in this pic, is a death trap.

If you ever see one of these, and it isn't pegged/strapped into the ground, keep your kids/grandkids out of it.

It doesn't take much wind to make these things go airborne.

Many kids have died in just such events.

https://www.bbc.com/news/world-australia-59677855

Five children have died and four others are injured after falling from a bouncy castle that was blown into the air in Australia, police say.

https://www.bbc.com/news/world-europe-59951366

A four-year-old girl has become the second child to die of injuries sustained in last week's incident involving a bouncy castle near Valencia in Spain.

The bouncy castle was thrown into the air by a strong gust of wind at a Christmas fair in Mislata on 4 January.

• Thanks 1

This guy is still running for Prez:

https://www.msn.com/en-ca/news/world/trump-calls-on-all-willing-states-to-blatantly-defy-scotus-border-ruling-in-texas/ar-BB1hjNpd?ocid=hpmsn&cvid=825b0586b8b24fe3a6503bf5d94a6336&ei=22

"

Former President Donald Trump is now openly siding with Republican governors in their ongoing standoff with the Supreme Court of the United States (SCOTUS) over the Southern border.

Earlier this week, SCOTUS ruled that federal agents are within their right to remove razor wire along the US-Mexico border in Texas, stating that the federal government — not states — has jurisdiction over national borders. But in a recent post to his Truth Social platform, Trump instead encouraged "all willing states" to send National Guard troops to Texas to assist Republican Governor Greg Abbott's defiance of the Court. Trump said additional troops were needed to "prevent the entry of Illegals, and to remove them back across the Border."

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

"Oklahoma Gov. Kevin Stitt (R) told Fox News on Friday that he had "already started putting the numbers together" in terms of his state sending resources to Texas, and previously told Newsmax host Carl Higbie that he hadn't ruled out the possibility of a "force-on-force" clash between federal troops and state national guardsmen at the border."

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

WTF!!!

• Vintage 2

24 minutes ago, RupertKBD said:

I don't think you can speak for everyone who is trying to cross the border.

I think it bears noting that the woman who drowned with her kids knew what she could expect from the state of Texas and tried to cross anyway. That suggests to me that things were bad enough back home that she was willing to risk her life and those of her children. I have a hard time believing she would do something like that because she was told she would get "free housing and food in prime hotels:....

True.  She could have been escaping an abusive home situation.  Who knows.

My view however remains unchanged.  I'm fine with people coming here seasonally to work at farms and other jobs 99.5 percent of Americans won't do, but to come here to work, you need to go through the system.  If you don't qualify, go back home and try to change, for the better, the country that you left.  It's been done before.

That was the Democrat view until "progressives" gained influence in that party.  Obama was fairly strong on border control policy.  He built both walls and human detention cages.  That didn't originate with Trump.

• Cheers 2

4 minutes ago, Gurn said:

This guy is still running for Prez:

https://www.msn.com/en-ca/news/world/trump-calls-on-all-willing-states-to-blatantly-defy-scotus-border-ruling-in-texas/ar-BB1hjNpd?ocid=hpmsn&cvid=825b0586b8b24fe3a6503bf5d94a6336&ei=22

"

Former President Donald Trump is now openly siding with Republican governors in their ongoing standoff with the Supreme Court of the United States (SCOTUS) over the Southern border.

Earlier this week, SCOTUS ruled that federal agents are within their right to remove razor wire along the US-Mexico border in Texas, stating that the federal government — not states — has jurisdiction over national borders. But in a recent post to his Truth Social platform, Trump instead encouraged "all willing states" to send National Guard troops to Texas to assist Republican Governor Greg Abbott's defiance of the Court. Trump said additional troops were needed to "prevent the entry of Illegals, and to remove them back across the Border."

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

"Oklahoma Gov. Kevin Stitt (R) told Fox News on Friday that he had "already started putting the numbers together" in terms of his state sending resources to Texas, and previously told Newsmax host Carl Higbie that he hadn't ruled out the possibility of a "force-on-force" clash between federal troops and state national guardsmen at the border."

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

WTF!!!

Ya but it's Biden that will start the civil war

21 minutes ago, The Lock said:

Pledging support is easy for a governor to do. That's a simple tweet, a walk up to a podium, or something of the like. To think that even remotely means the state would mobilize their troops is a rather massive step from a single tweet.

It would be the difference between me replying to someone here and me walking up to their house with my fist. They're very different things.

I'm at least hoping that you think the mobilization is highly unlikely because otherwise I'd be a little concerned for your mental well-being if I'm being honest. lol

During an election year?  Who knows?  I can't see all 25 sending troops. Purple state governors in that mix, highly unlikely but not impossible.  But the reddest of red states' residents would probably be all for their governors sending their national guard troops to Texas in order to tweak Biden and force him to make a decision or look weak.

All bets are off in an election year.

15 minutes ago, Gurn said:

The bouncy castle in this pic, is a death trap.

If you ever see one of these, and it isn't pegged/strapped into the ground, keep your kids/grandkids out of it.

It doesn't take much wind to make these things go airborne.

Many kids have died in just such events.

https://www.bbc.com/news/world-australia-59677855

Five children have died and four others are injured after falling from a bouncy castle that was blown into the air in Australia, police say.

https://www.bbc.com/news/world-europe-59951366

A four-year-old girl has become the second child to die of injuries sustained in last week's incident involving a bouncy castle near Valencia in Spain.

The bouncy castle was thrown into the air by a strong gust of wind at a Christmas fair in Mislata on 4 January.

Thanks for the head's up.  I'll let my nephew know.  He rents bouncy houses for his kids on their birthdays.

• Cheers 1

2 minutes ago, Sabrefan1 said:

Anybody with 2 firing neurons knows Trump would start one in a heartbeat if he could if it meant that he would be dictator or king.

And yet you have pushed back when people suggest that he needs to be stopped by any means necessary.

During an election year?  Who knows?  I can't see all 25 sending troops. Purple state governors in that mix, highly unlikely but not impossible.  But the reddest of red states' residents would probably be all for their governors sending their national guard troops to Texas in order to tweak Biden and force him to make a decision or look weak.

All bets are off in an election year.

During an election year... think about that statement. What does a government want during an election year? They want to get elected? Yes?

It's not "who knows?" They're media stunts to rile people up, to make them fearful. They're stunts to get themselves elected because it's an election year. They're not threats to mobilize actual troops. They're pretending to be "in defiance of Biden"... all while following the rules, meaning there's not even any defiance going on. But that's how the media is going to portray it because of views. Defiance is a word that sounds great to entice a base.

The only bets that are off in an election year are moves that politicians think will help them win more votes. While the threat of mobilizing troops sounds like it could maybe entice a base and get votes, the actual mobilization of troops is not.

1 minute ago, King Heffy said:

And yet you have pushed back when people suggest that he needs to be stopped by any means necessary.

Because he can hope and wish all he wants.  It was proven to him when he lost to Biden that the vast majority of his flunkies and advisors will jump ship when his term is up.

They even had to order rank and file White House staff to stand and clap for Trump on his final walk to Marine One.  Nobody else was left. 

3 minutes ago, The Lock said:

During an election year... think about that statement. What does a government want during an election year? They want to get elected? Yes?

It's not "who knows?" They're media stunts to rile people up, to make them fearful. They're stunts to get themselves elected because it's an election year. They're not threats to mobilize actual troops. They're pretending to be "in defiance of Biden"... all while following the rules, meaning there's not even any defiance going on. But that's how the media is going to portray it because of views. Defiance is a word that sounds great to entice a base.

The only bets that are off in an election year are moves that politicians think will help them win more votes. While the threat of mobilizing troops sounds like it could maybe entice a base and get votes, the actual mobilization of troops is not.

If Biden has to order federal troops to clash with state troops, he is done politically.  The Republicans will take back the White House and if Schumer doesn't cover Democrat arse in the Senate, the Republicans could get that too.  The Governors would love an all Republican federal government and a much weakened Democratic party.

7 minutes ago, Sabrefan1 said:

If Biden has to order federal troops to clash with state troops, he is done politically.  The Republicans will take back the White House and if Schumer doesn't cover Democrat arse in the Senate, the Republicans could get that too.  The Governors would love an all Republican federal government and a much weakened Democratic party.

This all sounds like very wishful thinking on the Republicans' part. Because they can't beat him otherwise, they have to resort to Jan 6th level schemes.

Perhaps, if anything, this shows the republicans know they don't have a good chance at winning at the moment.

Curious though, what actual threat would the state troops have on the country to make Biden have to send in troops? Also, why would Biden be done if he did have to send in troops?

Edited by The Lock