US Politics Thread

Sharpshooter

3 hours ago, nuckin_futz said:

Republican presidential candidate Nikki Haley targeted in swatting incident

(Reuters) -Authorities responded to a fake emergency at the South Carolina home of Republican presidential candidate Nikki Haley last month after a man claimed to have shot a woman and threatened to harm himself at her home, according to town records obtained by Reuters.

The previously unreported “swatting” incident is among a wave of violent threats, bomb scares and other acts of intimidation against government officials, members of the judiciary and election administrators since the 2020 election that have alarmed law enforcement ahead of this year’s U.S. presidential contest.

It's you doing it isn't it? Be honest.

16 minutes ago, Rob Eh said:

Man, you guys can't call out my news sources and then post something from the far left activists from vice. That ain't real news either. 

They interviewed an Antifa member and he killed a guy in a Trump shirt two weeks later. Now they are almost bankrupt. Vice is ten times more politically activist than rebel news. At least Rebel news never got anyone killed.

This more to your liking?

https://ca.news.yahoo.com/convoy-calling-themselves-gods-army-121219238.html

Or it’s on Telegram if that’s more your thing.

1 minute ago, 4petesake said:

This more to your liking?

https://ca.news.yahoo.com/convoy-calling-themselves-gods-army-121219238.html

Or it’s on Telegram if that’s more your thing.

That article quoted Vice.

You're gonna be in trouble

• Haha 1

2 hours ago, Elias Pettersson said:

Glen Clark was just as bad as Cristy Clark.  He had to resign in disgrace. Even his replacement had to resign. So both parties have gone through alot of crappy leaders. 

All our parties suck. All of them fake, a leftist will tell you he cares when he doesn't. "Trump voters are all toothless, poor people that breathe through their mouths."

They wouldn't be in politics if they weren't trying to line their own pockets.

• ThereItIs 1

5 hours ago, AatuD2 said:

Exactly 

@stawns the left is no longer what you think it is. 

Republicans and Democrats together are part of a uniparty that forms the establishment. 

Biden is a war mongerer. Bush and Cheney were war mongerers. 

Nikki Haley would take us even closer to a WW3 if she somehow makes it in. 

Corporations love Democrats as much as they love the Republicans. 

People are electing anti-establishment candidates everywhere because they're sick and tired of the carefully PR manipulated image that the same old people are giving them. 

None of these politicians are some sort of monsters individually (except James Lindsay), they're just doing what needs to be done to keep the money flowing in established routes. 

People love Liz Cheney because of her constant ankle biting of Trump. Lets me ask you this? Who was worse, Trump or Dick Cheney?

Edited by Rob Eh

7 hours ago, Sabrefan1 said:

Trump is a problem, but it started before him.   I have vivid memories of people on CDC asking me wtf was wrong with the US way before Trump got into politics.

We'll have to agree to disagree on your opinion.

As far as I'm concerned, it started with Newt Gingrich. Trump just turbo charged it, under the direction of Steve Bannon....

• Like 2

7 hours ago, stawns said:

The Tea Party

If anyone is looking for a ridiculously good show, but also a ridiculously accurate take on the takeover of the Republican Party by the moronic Tea Party, look no further than The Newsroom.........that's, literally, what the show revolves around and Jeff Daniels is amazing.  A must watch for anyone who loves political TV shows

I was so disappointed that Sorkin packed that series in after only three seasons....Imagine what they could have done with Trump and his clown car backers like MTG, Boebert, Gaetz, etc...

• Vintage 2

6 minutes ago, RupertKBD said:

I was so disappointed that Sorkin packed that series in after only three seasons....Imagine what they could have done with Trump and his clown car backers like MTG, Boebert, Gaetz, etc...

They should do a reboot.......it'd be a great time.

• Cheers 1

1 minute ago, RupertKBD said:

As far as I'm concerned, it started with Newt Gingrich. Trump just turbo charged it, under the direction of Steve Bannon....

The state of affairs the US finds itself in started in the late 70's, then really took off running in the 80's with the people who ran the Reagan Administration, kept going through the 90's, and ended the aughts with the formation and rise of the Tea Party as a response to Obama being elected.

After the Tea Party formed, there was a back and forth that led us to where we are today.

1 hour ago, stawns said:

And what the younger generations are saying is live and let live doesn't mean you get to target historically marginalized groups anymore and then say "it was just a joke" 

The power with the younger generation has definitely shifted to those marginalized parts of society mord ttan it has before.  The nerds and gerks shall rule the future, no question 

The Meek Shall Inherit the Earth

- Bill Maher

37 minutes ago, bishopshodan said:

Cool,

Do you know anything about these claims in the article from this dude?

In a Friday morning appearance on Fox Business, GOP Congressman from Texas Keith Self, who has promoted the convoy, suggested that as many as 700,000 vehicles could participate and echoed organizers, saying it is intended to be a peaceful demonstration. 

I'm curious......the Army of God is upon us!

I'm just getting the news my self. I just heard about it when i opened this thread. Hard to know what really going on.

27 minutes ago, 4petesake said:

Damn, didn’t notice that.
Oh well I strongly suspect Rob has a Telegram account.

Nope, no telegram, tik tok and especially no confounded spotify.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Satchmo said:

Ok, can you tell me what it does mean?

It means one party but it also implies there is corruption between the two parties. It implies that the dems and repub parties are a facade and they work together in a corrupt fashion.

38 minutes ago, Rob Eh said:

It means one party but it also implies there is corruption between the two parties. It implies that the dems and repub parties are a facade and they work together in a corrupt fashion.

And this is going on right now? 

1 hour ago, RupertKBD said:

Yes a lot of the current state of politics down there is full on because of Newt.