US Politics Thread

Sharpshooter

5 minutes ago, Elias Pettersson said:

Our homework assignment was to solve one question. Sometimes it took up to 3 pages to solve it and you had to show your work. I’m sure if you had actually taken a Calculus class in school you would know this. 

The mathematical question that was posed for a cognitive test was 10 times easier than any Calculus question I had to solve in school. Anyone with basic multiplication and long division mathematics skills would be able to solve it, especially people who grew up not using a calculator in school. 

Not in their head.

• Cheers 2

7 minutes ago, RupertKBD said:

Not in their head.

There's actually shortcuts to doing that stuff in your head, but that's neither here nor there... nor do I think they'd know those shortcuts. lol

• Cheers 2

22 minutes ago, Elias Pettersson said:

Our homework assignment was to solve one question. Sometimes it took up to 3 pages to solve it and you had to show your work. I’m sure if you had actually taken a Calculus class in school you would know this. 

The mathematical question that was posed for a cognitive test was 10 times easier than any Calculus question I had to solve in school. Anyone with basic multiplication and long division mathematics skills would be able to solve it, especially people who grew up not using a calculator in school. 

I, in fact, took calculus at UBC and, granted it was hard af, there was nothing even remotely similar to what you're describing. As such, I believe you are full of shit and probably watch too much big bang theory. 

• Thanks 2
  • Haha 1
  • ThereItIs 1

4 minutes ago, JoeyJoeJoeJr. Shabadoo said:

I, in fact, took calculus at UBC and, granted it was hard af, there was nothing even remotely similar to what you're describing. As such, I believe you are full of shit and probably watch too much big bang theory. 

I was giving him the benefit of the doubt because of age and different teachers are different.

I also took calculus at university, although only to a certain point since my major was computer science. The questions you would get from certain courses seemed to really depend on the teacher. That being said, I went to UNBC, not UBC. lol

Edited by The Lock

1 hour ago, JoeyJoeJoeJr. Shabadoo said:

The thing is Joey, you are the one that constantly starts shit on this forum because you seem to have an inferiority complex.  One poster talks about how he solved the problem quickly and talks about his time at UBC, and your retort is to personally attack that poster for no other reason other than the fact that the poster has a different political belief than you.  You certainly wouldn’t be attacking a poster that was a Liberal if they responded in the same way.

That’s the difference between you and the others.  I get along with fine with most everyone else, but I could never get along with you because unless someone agrees with you politically they are the enemy and must be attacked at all times regardless what they say.  You are what they call a “Libtard”.  

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, The Lock said:

I was giving him the benefit of the doubt because of age and different teachers are different.

I also took calculus at university, although only to a certain point since my major was computer science. The questions you would get from certain courses seemed to really depend on the teacher. That being said, I went to UNBC, not UBC. lol

This is probably true.  I am sure the Calculus they teach today is different than when they taught it 30+ years ago during my time.  Also, we used to use a white blank sheet of paper to solve a question.  So, depending on your writing style and how big you wrote, that would determine how much space you needed to answer the question.  I vividly remember having to turn the paper around to finish answering the question on the back of the page, so I know it was more than the one page as my writing style was bigger than most.

I am sure in today’s schools everything is through a computer so it would be much different today than it was 30+ years ago when we answered the questions manually by hand…

3 hours ago, The Lock said:

Nevermind the democrats, are you saying the divide, the fights, the name-calling, etc between the centrist/independent republicans and the MAGA republicans in the house is just a facade as well and no fights are really breaking out? lol

I'm pretty sure the republicans would need to sort their own crap out at this point before they'd have any hope of being a facade with the democrats.

That being said, the republicans in the house have been fascinating to watch. I've never seen so many grown professional adults act as kids in my life. lol

What are you taking about, centrist/independent republicans? Don't you mean the neo-con Rino's led by Liz Cheney? Thats your centrist/independent? That's laughable, don't forget who her father is.

23 minutes ago, Elias Pettersson said:

I am sure in today’s schools everything is through a computer so it would be much different today than it was 30+ years ago when we answered the questions manually by hand…

Not really. Part of my job used to be collecting physics and math exams, scanning them and sending them to the instructor. (who was at a different campus)

The instructors all have tablets, so they can write out equations that span more than a single page. The students write their answers on plain paper. We always make sure there is extra paper available if the students need more space for their answers.

But all of this is meaningless, because the question you claimed Trump could solve in his head had nothing to do with Calculus.

• Cheers 1
  • Upvote 1

2 hours ago, JoeyJoeJoeJr. Shabadoo said:

ok

Edited by Rob Eh

18 minutes ago, Rob Eh said:

What are you taking about, centrist/independent republicans? Don't you mean the neo-con Rino's led by Liz Cheney? Thats your centrist/independent? That's laughable, don't forget who her father is.

Doesn't matter who her family is.  The US isn't North Korea where people are accountable for their family's misdeeds.

• Thanks 2

7 minutes ago, King Heffy said:

Doesn't matter who her family is.  The US isn't North Korea where people are accountable for their family's misdeeds.

Yeah and Bush jr never finished Bush sr's dirty work. Hard to believe you are on team military industrial complex while also supporting the dems and libs,. Just sad.

• Haha 1

Just now, Rob Eh said:

Yeah and Bush jr never finished Bush sr's dirty work. Hard to believe you are on team military industrial complex while also supporting the dems and libs,. Just sad.

It's possible to be critical of someone's policy without bringing their family into it. 

• Cheers 1

14 minutes ago, Rob Eh said:

So your little snark about being a janitor was BS. You can talk yourself up all you want. You don't show a shred of intelligence in your posts and you act like a moral leftist and took a shit on some poor janitor that has to work around a bunch of phoneys. Leftists do this over and over. Create a 200 page thread about how morally superior you are then take a massive shit on some poor sod that gets to clean up after you. Rich leftists are as fake as they come. They trickle down less than Reagenomics and absolutely hate the poor. You just proved it by shitting on a janitor. I'm glad i work in construction, i couldn't stand being in a cubicle with you people.

I'm gonna guess you never saw "Good Will Hunting"? That's the janitor he was referencing.

• Thanks 1
  • Vintage 1

1 minute ago, StrayDog said:

I'm gonna guess you never saw "Good Will Hunting"? That's the janitor he was referencing.

I never saw it, i admit i got a little fired up by it.

I hope that was the case because it wasn't a good look.

Just now, Rob Eh said:

I never saw it, i admit i got a little fired up by it.

I hope that was the case because it wasn't a good look.

It is exactly it. The scenario is ripped right from the movie. 

• Thanks 1

6 minutes ago, JoeyJoeJoeJr. Shabadoo said:

You guys are getting the reference right but the movie wrong. I am disappoint. And Rob, I consider your disapproval a badge of honour. 

I SAID GOOD DAY, SIR !!!!