US Politics Thread

Sharpshooter

8 minutes ago, RupertKBD said:

No argument here. I'd be happy to see Michelle run. I'm just curious as to whether you actually believe it....?

I believe the Democratic nominee won’t be Biden. I think they phase him out prior to the convention. As for Michelle, I think it’s at least 50/50. Her husband can help her out. Being the first female President would be huge for the Obama legacy. 

Edited by Elias Pettersson

13 minutes ago, Elias Pettersson said:

I believe the Democratic nominee won’t be Biden. I think they phase him out prior to the convention. As for Michelle, I think it’s at least 50/50. Her husband can help her out. Being the first female President would be huge for the Obama legacy. 

Interesting. Anything is possible, but I don't think the chances are anywhere near 50%. I guess we'll see in November.

• Cheers 1

Quite humorous watching the MAGA type's lose their shit over Taylor Swift. They're actually pleading for viewers to cheer for San Fransisco. The sanctuary city home to Nancy Pelosi and former team of knee taking Colin Kaepernick. Maybe they should just sit this out and hope Tennessee or Carolina doesn't suck next year.

• Haha 1
  • Cheers 1
  • Upvote 1

7 hours ago, Elias Pettersson said:

Thanks. It was over 30 years ago for me so the 3 pages was probably an over exaggeration on my part. I definitely remember having to flip my paper to finish the answer, so it was definitely up to two pages. And I do remember some questions being in 3-4 different parts, i.e., 1A, 1B, 1C, 1D. So the entire question with 4 different answers would have been included in all of that. 

In any event, it was nice to see the usual suspects coming in here for the sole purpose of trying to shit on me for points on a post that wasn’t even relevant to this thread.  Best for me not to engage with them moving forward. 

I saw that too. They are political zealots. Best to leave them to their echo chamber.

• Haha 3
  • Cheers 1

3 hours ago, Alflives said:

Michelle Obama and Cute Hillary. Now there’s a ticket! 

Michelle would have a lot better chance taking Trump behind the gym than Biden would.

Hillary? Her hubby has all sorts of controversy revolving around him currently. That would be a huge error.

Americans have had enough of the Clintons, thats how Trump got voted in the first time.

• Cheers 1

1 hour ago, nuckin_futz said:

Quite humorous watching the MAGA type's lose their shit over Taylor Swift. They're actually pleading for viewers to cheer for San Fransisco. The sanctuary city home to Nancy Pelosi and former team of knee taking Colin Kaepernick. Maybe they should just sit this out and hope Tennessee or Carolina doesn't suck next year.

You can tell Taylor isn't from Swift Current because she's neither swift, nor current.

8 hours ago, Elias Pettersson said:

Thanks. It was over 30 years ago for me so the 3 pages was probably an over exaggeration on my part. I definitely remember having to flip my paper to finish the answer, so it was definitely up to two pages. And I do remember some questions being in 3-4 different parts, i.e., 1A, 1B, 1C, 1D. So the entire question with 4 different answers would have been included in all of that. 

In any event, it was nice to see the usual suspects coming in here for the sole purpose of trying to shit on me for points on a post that wasn’t even relevant to this thread.  Best for me not to engage with them moving forward. 

Only one person replied to your post?  (ok, two if you count me but I'm just commenting on the lack of replies to it)

edit:  ok three but that person wasn't doing any sh*ting on your post

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcSXubQ7DV11oQwfCXk61O4

Edited by NewbieCanuckFan

38 minutes ago, NewbieCanuckFan said:

Only one person replied to your post?  (ok, two if you count me but I'm just commenting on the lack of replies to it)

edit:  ok three but that person wasn't doing any sh*ting on your post

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcSXubQ7DV11oQwfCXk61O4

@Bob Long is probably right when he says that the victim mentality is strong amongst members of our population.  :classic_unsure:

• Cheers 3

During discovery, Smartmatic says they found an email from the President of OAN to Sidney Powell with a spreadsheet claiming to contain passwords of Smartmatic employees. OAN not only spread 2020 election lies, they participated in potentially criminal activity in an effort to further the plot to overturn the election.

image.thumb.jpeg.cc437f5bfb18aeb438fa9d3e994984ca.jpeg

Edited by nuckin_futz
  • Thanks 2
  • Cheers 1

25 minutes ago, Wilbur said:

Oh please let there be a naming contest for this village.  Please please please please please.

How about Piss Poop Poor PP. Then they could call it the CPPPP

Edited by Spur1
  • Haha 1

31 minutes ago, 6of1_halfdozenofother said:

@Bob Long is probably right when he says that the victim mentality is strong amongst members of our population.  :classic_unsure:

Trust me I saw it evolve in real time on the prairies. The PCs went from progressive (their version) to victim in about 10 years. Now it's dogma with the CPC. It's why they are so bristly.

• Cheers 3

1 hour ago, Rob Eh said:

You can tell Taylor isn't from Swift Current because she's neither swift, nor current.

At best, you may be half right. Who on earth is more current than Taylor Swift? Have you looked? She is everywhere, and the MAGAnoids can't stand it.

• Cheers 2

US arms exports hit an all time high in 2023: 238 Billion....  yes, Billion dollars. 

Let that sink in.  

238 billion dollars and you guys really think that Democrats vs Republicans really matters?  

US establishment wants the war machine to keep on rolling and Trump is not good for business.  Biden and Nikki Haley would be excellent for the war machine.  

https://www.reuters.com/business/aerospace-defense/us-arms-exports-hit-record-high-fiscal-2023-2024-01-29/

• Cheers 1