US Politics Thread

Sharpshooter

3 minutes ago, AatuD2 said:

US arms exports hit an all time high in 2023: 238 Billion....  yes, Billion dollars. 

Let that sink in.  

238 billion dollars and you guys really think that Democrats vs Republicans really matters?  

US establishment wants the war machine to keep on rolling and Trump is not good for business.  Biden and Nikki Haley would be excellent for the war machine.  

https://www.reuters.com/business/aerospace-defense/us-arms-exports-hit-record-high-fiscal-2023-2024-01-29/

They are all shills. That country has been at war their entire existence. Like a cartel that never dies. Trump is a despicable human being but also so funny in the news. Very torn but gotta go anyone but Trump ... not that it will change much of anything there.

• Cheers 1

Just now, Gawdzukes said:

They are all shills. That country has been at war their entire existence. Like a cartel that never dies. Trump is a despicable human being but also so funny in the news. Very torn but gotta go anyone but Trump ... not that it will change much of anything there.

The whole "despicable" thing and comparing him to Adolf Hitler is way over the top for me.  I'm supposed to believe that he's a threat to democracy while his political opponents are actually trying to put him in jail so he can't run against them?  

I'll take 4 years of Trump any day over 4 years of Biden.  How much closer do we need to approach World War 3?  26,000 dead Palestinians, 300,000 dead Ukrainians, 300,000 dead Russians, and we're on the brink of a war with Iran.  

As a citizen of the world, and someone that doesn't like the prospect of a potential nuclear war, I don't want any of the war establishment.  Dick Cheney = Bush = Hillary Clinton = Biden.  No difference. 

I really can't take anything seriously that you hear on CNN, MSNBC, or FOX.  Mainstream media has long been now a mouthpiece for the establishment and I'm surprised that any of you actually take them seriously after they've been caught lying over and over and over and over again.  

Follow the money and it should land you directly into the 238 Billion dollar coffer of the military industrial complex (per year). 

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

15 minutes ago, AatuD2 said:

US arms exports hit an all time high in 2023: 238 Billion....  yes, Billion dollars. 

Let that sink in.  

238 billion dollars and you guys really think that Democrats vs Republicans really matters?  

US establishment wants the war machine to keep on rolling and Trump is not good for business.  Biden and Nikki Haley would be excellent for the war machine.  

https://www.reuters.com/business/aerospace-defense/us-arms-exports-hit-record-high-fiscal-2023-2024-01-29/

What could have happened recently to cause that I wonder? I guess we'll never know. Btw trump hit record arms exports during his term despite their not being a major war during his time in office. This includes $110 billion deal with Saudi Arabia and another $310 billion over 10 years. 

• Thanks 2

Just now, AatuD2 said:

The whole "despicable" thing and comparing him to Adolf Hitler is way over the top for me.  I'm supposed to believe that he's a threat to democracy while his political opponents are actually trying to put him in jail so he can't run against them?  

I'll take 4 years of Trump any day over 4 years of Biden.  How much closer do we need to approach World War 3?  26,000 dead Palestinians, 300,000 dead Ukrainians, 300,000 dead Russians, and we're on the brink of a war with Iran.  

As a citizen of the world, and someone that doesn't like the prospect of a potential nuclear war, I don't want any of the war establishment.  Dick Cheney = Bush = Hillary Clinton = Biden.  No difference. 

I really can't take anything seriously that you hear on CNN, MSNBC, or FOX.  Mainstream media has long been now a mouthpiece for the establishment and I'm surprised that any of you actually take them seriously after they've been caught lying over and over and over and over again.  

w

Follow the money and it should land you directly into the 238 Billion dollar coffer of the military industrial complex (per year). 

Not me. I think people like Trump are the most absolutely despicable of all humans. Just grifting along being a bigot and not a care in the world for anyone but himself. I don't think he's Hitler but a completely deplorable human of the worst degree devoid of any common decency whatsoever. Biden is an old shill but he's not a complete asshole.

I don't see us being on the brink or world war 3 due to anything Biden has done. Those aren't his conflicts. I'd be terrified if Trump ever had to make a decision on war. He'd do whatever is best for his own pocketbook or more outrageous regardless of the outcome for the people he is supposed to be leading.

To me all the footage where he talks Trump appears to be a lying, self serving pos through and through that would stab you in the back in a heartbeat. People are trying to put him in jail because he's a liar, a thief, and a scoundrel ... imho.

I agree that I don't want nuclear war and the military industrial complex is exactly the problem. I don't think it matters though who is in charge. The country just likes to make money at war. Also agree that all American political news is worthless propaganda or spin.

Just curious when you say "we are in the brink of war with Iran", do you mean you live in the States?

• Thanks 4

42 minutes ago, AatuD2 said:

He’s all yours.

IMG_7705.jpeg

• Thanks 1
  • Cheers 3

11 hours ago, Elias Pettersson said:

Why would Michelle Obama running for President be going after the Democracts?  🤣

Biden doesn’t even know he’s alive. If Michelle ran for President she would win in a landslide over Bone Spurs. Is this situation supposed to be hurtful for Democrats?  I’m kinda confused by your post to be totally honest with you. 

If Manchin goes for a 3rd party run then it will force the DNC hand. I highly doubt Biden is up to a hard campaign. It will be easy for the DNC to bow him out as his age will be the obvious explanation, possible medical explanation. 

Suggesting or focusing on Trump as the guru of American discontent is overstatement. Trump has been a symptom back to 2016. Sorry but there are not 

70 million GOP morons in the USA. They are voting GOP for many different reasons. Just as DNC supporters are manipulated by social media so are GOP voters. How people are influenced should concern all people. Why do 70% of Russians continue to support Putin? I suggest because he controls what information they consume. That exists in the USA and in Canada.  

• Cheers 2
  • Vintage 1

11 hours ago, nuckin_futz said:

Quite humorous watching the MAGA type's lose their shit over Taylor Swift. They're actually pleading for viewers to cheer for San Fransisco. The sanctuary city home to Nancy Pelosi and former team of knee taking Colin Kaepernick. Maybe they should just sit this out and hope Tennessee or Carolina doesn't suck next year.

Bud Light, too! Plus, how they chose that horrid cowboy song as an anthem as well.

17 hours ago, Elias Pettersson said:

Thanks. It was over 30 years ago for me so the 3 pages was probably an over exaggeration on my part. I definitely remember having to flip my paper to finish the answer, so it was definitely up to two pages. And I do remember some questions being in 3-4 different parts, i.e., 1A, 1B, 1C, 1D. So the entire question with 4 different answers would have been included in all of that. 

In any event, it was nice to see the usual suspects coming in here for the sole purpose of trying to shit on me for points on a post that wasn’t even relevant to this thread.  Best for me not to engage with them moving forward. 

Accidently on purpose!

8 hours ago, AatuD2 said:

Let that sink in.  

Do you think Putin and Xi would play nice if the US stopped?

• ThereItIs 1

11 hours ago, nuckin_futz said:

Quite humorous watching the MAGA type's lose their shit over Taylor Swift. They're actually pleading for viewers to cheer for San Fransisco.

The sanctuary city home to Nancy Pelosi and former team of knee taking Colin Kaepernick. Maybe they should just sit this out and hope Tennessee or Carolina doesn't suck next year.

Why do they have a problem with her? 

4 minutes ago, Bob Long said:

Why do they have a problem with her? 

Because she's not making babies, and cooking dinner barefoot?

also she called on her fans to get out and vote, causing a surge in the voter list. Iirc she never told or suggested how they vote, but Republicans seem to be about restricting the amount of voters

https://www.npr.org/2023/09/22/1201183160/taylor-swift-instagram-voter-registration

"

On Tuesday morning, the singer posted a short message on Instagram encouraging her 272 million followers to register to vote. Afterward, the website she directed her fans to — the nonpartisan nonprofit Vote.org — recorded more than 35,000 registrations, according to the organization.

"I've been so lucky to see so many of you guys at my U.S. shows recently. I've heard you raise your voices, and I know how powerful they are," she wrote on her Instagram Stories. "Make sure you're ready to use them in our elections this year!" Her post included a link to register at Vote.org.

• Cheers 1

1 minute ago, Gurn said:

Because she's not making babies, and cooking dinner barefoot?

also she called on her fans to get out and vote, causing a surge in the voter list. Iirc she never told or suggested how they vote, but Republicans seem to be about restricting the amount of voters

https://www.npr.org/2023/09/22/1201183160/taylor-swift-instagram-voter-registration

"

On Tuesday morning, the singer posted a short message on Instagram encouraging her 272 million followers to register to vote. Afterward, the website she directed her fans to — the nonpartisan nonprofit Vote.org — recorded more than 35,000 registrations, according to the organization.

"I've been so lucky to see so many of you guys at my U.S. shows recently. I've heard you raise your voices, and I know how powerful they are," she wrote on her Instagram Stories. "Make sure you're ready to use them in our elections this year!" Her post included a link to register at Vote.org.

That's it? So it's some kind of pre-emptive attack?

Seems stupid.

• Cheers 2

7 hours ago, Gawdzukes said:

Not me. I think people like Trump are the most absolutely despicable of all humans. Just grifting along being a bigot and not a care in the world for anyone but himself. I don't think he's Hitler but a completely deplorable human of the worst degree devoid of any common decency whatsoever. Biden is an old shill but he's not a complete asshole.

I don't see us being on the brink or world war 3 due to anything Biden has done. Those aren't his conflicts. I'd be terrified if Trump ever had to make a decision on war. He'd do whatever is best for his own pocketbook or more outrageous regardless of the outcome for the people he is supposed to be leading.

To me all the footage where he talks Trump appears to be a lying, self serving pos through and through that would stab you in the back in a heartbeat. People are trying to put him in jail because he's a liar, a thief, and a scoundrel ... imho.

I agree that I don't want nuclear war and the military industrial complex is exactly the problem. I don't think it matters though who is in charge. The country just likes to make money at war. Also agree that all American political news is worthless propaganda or spin.

Just curious when you say "we are in the brink of war with Iran", do you mean you live in the States?

I'll add to that by pointing out that it isn't Trump's political opponents trying to put him in jail, it's the US Legal system....and if he wasn't a filthy rich, former POTUS, he'd be rotting in Leavenworth right now....

• Cheers 3
  • ThereItIs 1

Let that sink in.  

I can't really tell what side you're on with this but I have a couple of points to make.

1) We have to keep in mind that this is going to be in no small part due to the wars in Ukraine and Gaza along with other NATO countries bolstering their defenses due to the war in Ukraine.

2) It also means 238 billion dollars is going into the US economy since it's US companies making these arms.

3) Finally, the organizations/countries purchasing these arms, they'd just look elsewhere if the US didn't supply them since it's not like the US is the only nation out there with arms to sell.

Edited by The Lock
  • Vintage 1

But here is the thing....he actually did what they're after him for and is a lifelong scam artist scumbag. Also Trump dropped more bombs than Obomba, sold weapons and was involved with a ton of secret ops. That he 'started no new wars' is nonsense if you look at everything. No US president can just stop the war machine. 

He also apparently shits himself and is a speed addict. So there is that that has recently come out. 

Edited by Gnarcore
  • Cheers 1

Watch this to the end:

• Thanks 2
  • Upvote 1