US Politics Thread

Sharpshooter

15 minutes ago, RupertKBD said:

As @Duodenum already pointed out, Trump is the guy who tore up the Iran Non-proliferation deal, (for no other reason than because it was negotiated by Obama) and he is also the guy who assassinated an Iranian general (on Iraqi soil)....

This narrative of Biden being the one responsible for tensions with Iran is pure bullshit....

seems silly to me to argue about Trump v Biden, when Iran is run by a fundamentalist terror group. Whoever is in power has a shitty situation to deal with, when it comes to the leaders of that country. 

1 minute ago, Bob Long said:

seems silly to me to argue about Trump v Biden, when Iran is run by a fundamentalist terror group. Whoever is in power has a shitty situation to deal with, when it comes to the leaders of that country. 

You don't get it, Jimmy....

A vote for Biden is a vote for WWIII.....:classic_rolleyes:

• Haha 1

9 hours ago, AatuD2 said:

The whole "despicable" thing and comparing him to Adolf Hitler is way over the top for me.  I'm supposed to believe that he's a threat to democracy while his political opponents are actually trying to put him in jail so he can't run against them?  

I'll take 4 years of Trump any day over 4 years of Biden.  How much closer do we need to approach World War 3?  26,000 dead Palestinians, 300,000 dead Ukrainians, 300,000 dead Russians, and we're on the brink of a war with Iran.  

As a citizen of the world, and someone that doesn't like the prospect of a potential nuclear war, I don't want any of the war establishment.  Dick Cheney = Bush = Hillary Clinton = Biden.  No difference. 

I really can't take anything seriously that you hear on CNN, MSNBC, or FOX.  Mainstream media has long been now a mouthpiece for the establishment and I'm surprised that any of you actually take them seriously after they've been caught lying over and over and over and over again.  

Follow the money and it should land you directly into the 238 Billion dollar coffer of the military industrial complex (per year). 

Are you saying that ALL charges against Trump are politically motivated?  (I think some may be.)  But what about the charges related to his attempt to overturn the election?  And his involvement in January 6th?   I'm curious to know your thoughts on that.

4 minutes ago, Gawdzukes said:

One thing that really strikes me as startling is those that lash out against Biden. It seems so forced and lacks any substance to the point I can't conclude much except that these people are those that watch weird sh!t on utube and then just keep watching random videos that are fed to them until Trump gets them with some of the sensationalist bs he is known for. I usually hear these criticisms followed up by a comment of Trump would be so much better in the White House or similar.

Biden is very boring imo and doesn't really do much of anything to deserve deep criticisms, like say Trump, who should be a poster boy for sociopathic diagnosis. Now ... I'm really not into politics so I could veery well be missing things but just from generally following along one of these guys is completely bland and unremarkable and one is self gratifying bag of evil personified.

The fact that the republicans have done an inquiry on Biden and couldn't come up with anything, and I mean anything at all, actually kind of amazes me. Biden has a multi-decade career where they should have at least been able to find something at some point. I don't even think Biden's a saint; yet, here we are with the republicans having somehow nothing to go on.

Edited by The Lock
  • Upvote 3

4 minutes ago, Gawdzukes said:

I usually hear these criticisms followed up by a comment of Trump would be so much better in the White House or similar.

My favourite is how those people seem to think Biden is some sort of evil warmonger, while Trump is Jesus personified.  To those, I say:

Cool_story_bro_.jpg

• Cheers 3

11 minutes ago, 6of1_halfdozenofother said:

My favourite is how those people seem to think Biden is some sort of evil warmonger, while Trump is Jesus personified.  To those, I say:

Cool_story_bro_.jpg

If Jesus came to earth today, they'd be moaning about him preaching tolerance and make up more insults for him that aren't even words.

• Vintage 4

1 minute ago, King Heffy said:

If Jesus came to earth today, they'd be moaning about him preaching tolerance and make up more insults for him that aren't even words.

The church would probably call him a fake since his views would be "too far left" lol

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1
  • Vintage 2

42 minutes ago, 6of1_halfdozenofother said:

They'd probably also ask: "You mean when it says 'love thy neighbour', they don't mean making love?" :classic_rolleyes:

And that neighbor is probably a close relation.....

• ThereItIs 1

4 hours ago, Bob Long said:

Why do they have a problem with her? 

She's openly liberal in her politics the odd time she speaks about it. Six years ago she campaigned in Tennessee (her home state) for Bredesen against Blackburn for US Senate. 

They're afraid she will campaign for Biden as she has a gazillion young followers. Plus her boyfriend Travis Kelcee committed the cardinal sin of doing a commercial for Pfizer. Fox is on Team Nutbar with Aaron Rogers.

Edited by nuckin_futz
  • Thanks 1
  • Cheers 1

7 hours ago, Boudrias said:

If Manchin goes for a 3rd party run then it will force the DNC hand. I highly doubt Biden is up to a hard campaign. It will be easy for the DNC to bow him out as his age will be the obvious explanation, possible medical explanation. 

Suggesting or focusing on Trump as the guru of American discontent is overstatement. Trump has been a symptom back to 2016. Sorry but there are not 

70 million GOP morons in the USA. They are voting GOP for many different reasons. Just as DNC supporters are manipulated by social media so are GOP voters. How people are influenced should concern all people. Why do 70% of Russians continue to support Putin? I suggest because he controls what information they consume. That exists in the USA and in Canada.  

Manchin might be able to siphon off enough votes (ala Ross Perot).

🤣

She better cashes that cheque she got from Dotard before it bounces (probably will be NSF in any event based on Urine Man's past history).

"only the best people".

If I were facing a court case where Perry Mason was the prosecutor & my only choices for my defense lawyers were Hamilton Burger, Alina Barbiedoll, or Rudy Guiliani.  Barbie would be my third choice (at least Guiliani once was a great lawyer; better a 'has been' than a 'never was').

• Cheers 1

1 hour ago, The Arrogant Worms said:

'Preposterous': Biden bookkeeper latest witness to shred James Comer's impeachment claims

https://www.rawstory.com/joe-biden-impeachment-bookkeeper/

Unfortunately, this won't make any difference. Comer and Jordan will keep promoting the fiction of Biden corruption for as long as they can. It's nothing more than an attempt to muddy the waters enough to get fat boy elected.

• Cheers 1
  • Upvote 2
  • Vintage 1

https://www.msn.com/en-ca/news/politics/sound-the-alarm-moment-az-gop-senator-s-new-bill-says-lawmakers-can-disregard-election-results/ar-BB1hvAU4?ocid=msedgdhp&pc=U531&cvid=2fc18ea5896b43bf81fe4f86f08a5e2a&ei=9#comments

"

Arizona, of the seven states where groups of "fake electors" agreed to assist former President Donald Trump with his 2020 election interference ploy, could soon pass a bill that would permit legislators to overturn election results, The Daily Beast reports.

"[I]t is the responsibility of the Arizona Secretary of State to certify elections, including elections for President of the United States, but the sole authority to appoint presidential electors is granted to the Legislature," the legislation, introduced by state Republican Senator Anthony Kern, says. "[T]he Legislature, and no other official, shall appoint presidential electors in accordance with the United States Constitution."

-------------------------------------------------------------

more at link

• Upvote 1

4 hours ago, nuckin_futz said:

She's openly liberal in her politics the odd time she speaks about it. Six years ago she campaigned in Tennessee (her home state) for Bredesen against Blackburn for US Senate. 

They're afraid she will campaign for Biden as she has a gazillion young followers. Plus her boyfriend Travis Kelcee committed the cardinal sin of doing a commercial for Pfizer. Fox is on Team Nutbar with Aaron Rogers.

oh well a Pfizer commercial. Satans candy. 

People are stupid. 

• Haha 2

52 minutes ago, kilgore said:

But what is "way over the top" for me is how tolerant some folks are with a criminal, a convicted sexual abuser, who brags about grabbing pussies just because he can get away with it (because he's a big TV star).  Convicted of fraud with his fake university. Convicted of fraud for his fake charity where the Trump family just spent it on themselves. His over 30,000 documented lies or gross exaggerations during his term.  His close relationship with Putin, and admiration of world dictators in general. His DESPICABLE childish rude name calling against anyone who turns on him, including many he formally had appointed to positions.  And conversely, his weak fragile ego that demands his sycophants kiss his ring and lay compliments on him 24/7. A huge baby. A weak pathetic excuse for a man.

That's a leader?    LOL  As Jean Caroll said recently after she won her sexual abuse/rape case against him.  "He's nothing".    "He's an emperor with no clothes."

I thought Biden should have stepped down for a younger candidate, but he has every right to run again. Especially after he stabilized and improved the economy after the pandemic above anyone expectations, got the troops out of Afghanistan, promoted and got the vaccines out quickly.  Doesn't put his head in the sand about climate change. And doesn't antagonize the allies  of the US like Canada with dumb insults and incendiary accusations.

Bravo ... well said.

Thanks for the rest of the summary as well. Yeah I don't know how anyone in their right mind can accept anything that blue suited childish whiny blowhard bully says and does. He's just a leper of society ... and sorry to lepers that's giving them a bad name. I'm sure they're actually very nice people.

• Cheers 3