US Politics Thread

Sharpshooter

2 minutes ago, The Lock said:

It's very apparent that, if you praise Trump, you have him at your fingertips. He craves that validation.

It's scary to think what deals took place when he was in power for this reason alone.

Biden traded a WNBA player for someone labelled "The merchant of death"

11 minutes ago, Wiggums said:

Biden traded a WNBA player for someone labelled "The merchant of death"

Are you able to effectively counter argue the idea that Trump over estimates his rapport with the world's autocrats while they laugh at him and hope for his re-election or is just finding something bad to say about Biden enough?

• Thanks 1

1 minute ago, The Lock said:

What does this even have to do with what I said?

Presidents making deals.

1 minute ago, Satchmo said:

Are you able to effectively counter argue the idea that Trump over estimates his rapport with the world's autocrats while they laugh at him and hope for his re-election or is just finding something bad to say about Biden enough?

I'd argue they would much rather deal with Biden

Just now, Wiggums said:

Presidents making deals.

This is what it seems like you do:

You see Trump being attacked so you run to some random right wing forum and look up random comments about Biden then run back over here and copy paste. That's really what it feels like.

• Thanks 2
  • Cheers 1

1 minute ago, Wiggums said:

Presidents making deals.

You could "argue" that, but it would be one of the many things you are dead wrong about.

• Cheers 1
  • ThereItIs 1

3 minutes ago, Wiggums said:

Naw. They'd much rather deal with Trump. They can actually control Trump. China just needs to praise Trump and suddenly the US is in China's back pocket.

Edited by The Lock
  • Cheers 1

1 minute ago, RupertKBD said:

This is what it seems like you do:

You see Trump being attacked so you run to some random right wing forum and look up random comments about Biden then run back over here and copy paste. That's really what it feels like.

I mean, maybe I do?  Who cares.   This topic is a Trump bashing marathon and if I say one bad thing about Biden I get replies and insults from 15 different people.

Didn't need to look anything up this time though.  Griner for the Merchant of Death is as memorable as Forsberg for Erat.   

I mean, maybe I do?  Who cares.   This topic is a Trump bashing marathon and if I say one bad thing about Biden I get replies and insults from 15 different people.

Didn't need to look anything up this time though.  Griner for the Merchant of Death is as memorable as Forsberg for Erat.   

And yet, I've never said Biden was a saint. It's just that Trump is far worse.

So if you're going to defend Trump, attacking Biden isn't going to help that... at least not against me. What Biden has done does not excuse what Trump has done.

Edited by The Lock

And yet, I've never said Biden was a saint. It's just that Trump is far worse.

So if you're going to defend Trump, attacking Biden isn't going to help that... at least not against me. What Biden has done does not excuse what Trump has done.

And China?  What?  Trump owns China 

• Haha 1

That's what you'd like the think. The truth is it's the opposite way around. https://www.forbes.com/sites/danalexander/2020/10/23/forbes-estimates-china-paid-trump-at-least-54-million-since-he-took-office-via-mysterious-trump-tower-lease/?sh=5723720aed11

• Thanks 1

18 minutes ago, Bob Long said:

funny way to value a human life 

Honestly, she should have rotted over there over letting out the worlds largest shady arms dealer. That was a terrible exchange. 

Really? Because there are ties to him via the Chinese bank assisting North Korea with their nuclear program. Sounds like Trump is bought and paid for. 

https://www.nknews.org/2024/01/trump-refused-to-sanction-chinese-bank-accused-of-helping-north-korea-report/#:~:text=Trump refused to sanction Chinese bank accused of helping North Korea%3A Report,-Democrats in Congress&text=Former U.S. President Donald Trump refused to blacklist a Chinese,new report by congressional Democrats.

• Cheers 2

8 minutes ago, Satchmo said:

Go ahead.   State your case.

I actually take that back.  They would probably prefer to deal with Trump, he's a businessman and Biden can't even talk coherently so I doubt much progress is made when he's in the room.  

6 minutes ago, Wiggums said:

I actually take that back.  They would probably prefer to deal with Trump, he's a businessman and Biden can't even talk coherently so I doubt much progress is made when he's in the room.  

With TRUMP in the room, they'd have to deal with the stench.  So I'm saying its Biden.

12 minutes ago, The Lock said:

China owns Trump because they paid him millions?  

Meh, I liked the tariffs and when he called them out for their handling of COVID 

• Haha 1

I'm human and I have to respond even though my first and probably best thought was just to let it go...

Trump is a businessman with a history of bankruptcy, failed businesses and unpaid bills.  I think incoherent talk is pretty much a tie between the two these days.

• Thanks 1

Just now, Satchmo said:

I'm human and I have to respond even though my first and probably best thought was just to let it go...

Trump is a businessman with a history of bankruptcy, failed businesses and unpaid bills.  I think incoherent talk is pretty much a tie between the two these days.

It's kind of hard for the Trump apologists to wake up and smell the covfefe when they get fed a steady diet of bullshit.

• Cheers 2

21 minutes ago, Wiggums said:

Meh, I liked the tariffs and when he called them out for their handling of COVID 

Spoken like a true right winger who is too afraid to ask questions that would go against the precious Trump and is easily controlled by the right wing as a result.

I don't expect you to be swayed here, but I hope one day you realise you're being duped.

See, the difference between you and me is: I'm willing to question Biden and I do on some things; whereas, you don't seem willing to question Trump. I'd love to be mistaken on this, but I have yet to see that I'm mistaken.

Edited by The Lock
  • Cheers 3

57 minutes ago, Wiggums said:

The tariffs in which trump ensured his daughters business and large parts of his own were totally immune to?

Yes.  Well done.  Punishment for thee not for me

• Cheers 1