US Politics Thread

Sharpshooter

1 hour ago, Wiggums said:

I mean, maybe I do?  Who cares.   This topic is a Trump bashing marathon and if I say one bad thing about Biden I get replies and insults from 15 different people.

Didn't need to look anything up this time though.  Griner for the Merchant of Death is as memorable as Forsberg for Erat.  

I didn't insult anyone. I said you were wrong, which is a fact.

• Cheers 2

1 hour ago, Gnarcore said:

Honestly, she should have rotted over there over letting out the worlds largest shady arms dealer. That was a terrible exchange. 

huh. I'm glad a good person was released. I don't care about some sack of crap arms dealer. 

4 minutes ago, Bob Long said:

huh. I'm glad a good person was released. I don't care about some sack of crap arms dealer. 

She should have rotted for a weed vape, don't you know. Granted she's a moron for having it but nobody deserves to rot for that. I hate to say it but the colour of her skin is most likely driving the hate from the unhinged right. 

• ThereItIs 1

7 minutes ago, Bob Long said:

I more think big picture that a guy who is responsible for untold death will be back in business over some dipshit who brought hash in a foreign country. 

1 minute ago, JoeyJoeJoeJr. Shabadoo said:

She should have rotted for a weed vape, don't you know. Granted she's a moron for having it but nobody deserves to rot for that. I hate to say it but the colour of her skin is most likely driving the hate from the unhinged right. 

Yeah, if she was a white NASCAR driver, they probably would have traded everyone in Guantanamo for her....

• Cheers 2

4 minutes ago, Gnarcore said:

I more think big picture that a guy who is responsible for untold death will be back in business over some dipshit who brought hash in a foreign country. 

I hear you. But imo there's nothing short of a death penalty that would harm that piece of shit. At least the US got a decent person back in the world. 

10 minutes ago, JoeyJoeJoeJr. Shabadoo said:

Versus letting out the person they did? Yup. Sorry wasn't clear on that. 

2 hours ago, The Arrogant Worms said:

Decided voters

20240131_143522.jpg

If CNN had Emerson Colleges poll up, Trump is +5 over Biden.  Or Ipsos/Reuters where Trump is up by +6.  Or YouGov/University of Houston where Trump is up by as much as  +13.

If you're trying to spin a narrative, you're likely to choose a poll that matches that narrative.

Quinnipiac and CNN aren't doing Biden any favors by posting the one poll that has him up that high.  It makes it less likely that the lazier and upset of his base will go out and vote for him if they think he already has it in the bag.

Both of these candidates need their base to show up big time on election day.  The swing state votes will likely be close and an extra 10k in just one of those states showing up to the polls instead vegetating on their couch at home could very well decide who the next president will be.

Edited by Sabrefan1
misspelled "couch"

49 minutes ago, Ronaldoescobar said:

It’s a fake poll

Quinnipiac is a very real university, and it's a very real poll.   If you remember your uni statistics classes, the problem is that you can use different ways to take different types of polls. 

I know squat about the University of Houston, but for them to be such an outlier at +13, it's likely that they tend to be right leaning and skewed their technique of polling to favor Republicans.

10 minutes ago, nuckin_futz said:

They're incompetent, not corrupt.  The top tier lawyers won't work with Trump because they're afraid of blowback from their current client base. 

He has to go with mid-tier lawyers from mid-tier law firms who need the cash infusion from the RNC.  He just managed to get one of those law firm's more incompetent lawyers assigned to him.

Edited by Sabrefan1

4 minutes ago, Sabrefan1 said:

They're incompetent, not corrupt.  The top tier lawyers won't work with Trump because they're afraid of blowback from their current client base. 

He has to go with mid-tier lawyers from mid-tier law firms who need the cash infusion from the RNC.  He just manage to get one of those law firm's more incompetent lawyers assigned to him.

they want to be paid.🤣

• Cheers 1

4 minutes ago, Sabrefan1 said:

He has to go with mid-tier lawyers from mid-tier law firms who need the cash infusion from the RNC.  He just manage to get one of those law firm's more incompetent lawyers assigned to him.

They're not necessarily assigned to him. He chooses them based on appearance and how they look on TV. Especially the female ones. 

• Cheers 1

2 minutes ago, nuckin_futz said:

They're not necessarily assigned to him. He chooses them based on appearance and how they look on TV. Especially the female ones. 

https://www.meidastouch.com/video/habba-id-rather-be-pretty-because-i-can-fake-being-smart

"Habba – I'd Rather Be Pretty Because I Can Fake Being Smart" - are actually the words she speaks.  Now it might've been in jest but it really gives horrible optics.  

Just now, nuckin_futz said:

I've hired lawyers in the past for civil business conflicts.  I didn't get to choose.  Which is a good thing because knowing me I would have picked a young and pretty one every time... lol

Would have at least been nice though the last, and hopefully final, time I was in court about a decade ago.  Got an older experienced dude and still lost.  😂

• Haha 1

2 minutes ago, NewbieCanuckFan said:

https://www.meidastouch.com/video/habba-id-rather-be-pretty-because-i-can-fake-being-smart

"Habba – I'd Rather Be Pretty Because I Can Fake Being Smart" - are actually the words she speaks.  Now it might've been in jest but it really gives horrible optics.  

She didn't do that good of a job faking it this time around.

• Cheers 1
  • ThereItIs 1