US Politics Thread

Sharpshooter

“Former president Donald Trump’s March 4 trial date on charges of plotting to overturn the results of the 2020 election has been dropped from the public calendar of the federal court in Washington, a sign of what has long been anticipated — that his claim of presidential immunity from criminal prosecution would delay his trial while it remains on appeal,” the Washington Post reported.

Edited by Elias Pettersson
  • Sad 1

20 minutes ago, Elias Pettersson said:

“Former president Donald Trump’s March 4 trial date on charges of plotting to overturn the results of the 2020 election has been dropped from the public calendar of the federal court in Washington, a sign of what has long been anticipated — that his claim of presidential immunity from criminal prosecution would delay his trial while it remains on appeal,” the Washington Post reported.

His whole plan.  Delay delay delay and then pray pray pray he wins in November. 

• Cheers 2

Trump is now complaining about Jerome Powell's plan to lower interest rates....:classic_rolleyes:

https://www.msn.com/en-ca/money/topstories/trump-says-jerome-powell-wants-to-lower-interest-rates-to-help-biden-win-in-2024-and-would-not-pick-him-again-as-federal-reserve-chief/ar-BB1hFKgb?ocid=hpmsn&cvid=a699ef249c404c29b933b544f9c62ad6&ei=57

Donald Trump said he would not keep Jerome Powell as Federal Reserve chairman, charging the bank chief with lowering interest rates to help Joe Biden win a second term in the White House.

No, I wouldn't,' Trump said when asked about keeping Powell after his term expires in 2026, in an interview with Fox Business Network that aired on Friday.

'I think he's going to do something to help the Democrats, if he lowers interest rates,' Trump said.

Lowering interest rates by the Fed is an indication of a strong economy....but of course Trump doesn't care about that....even if it's good for the American people. He cares only about what's good for Donald Trump...

Right now, what's good for Trump is a weak economy and an unaddressed border crisis....so that's what he wants for the American people.

• Vintage 2

18 hours ago, Wiggums said:

This is fake news.

Of course it gets the upvotes though

The concept of honesty really doesn't resonate with you, does it? Or do you truly believe all the nonsensical and disgusting things you post on this forum?

• Cheers 2
  • Upvote 1

1 hour ago, WeneedLumme said:

The concept of honesty really doesn't resonate with you, does it? Or do you truly believe all the nonsensical and disgusting things you post on this forum?

I wouldn't be surprised if he believed some of the things he was saying. Some people just get very afraid internally of being wrong to the point where they're willing to lie to themselves even. They'll look for everything to look for confirmation bias no matter how many facts may go against that one idea that they can cling onto.

My real hope is that this election can see Biden win and shut up these Trump supporters once and for all. I want to see the fascist MAGA crowd simmer down. I want to see things get back to normal. I truly think they will get back to normal, but obviously it's too early to tell with the election. That being said, logic would show my reasoning for why I think this will happen.

Edited by The Lock

1 hour ago, WeneedLumme said:

What are you talking about?  What was dishonest about what I said?

Edited by Wiggums

7 minutes ago, Wiggums said:

What are you talking about?  What was dishonest about what I said?

Yes or no, is Trump a convicted rapist? 

So here is a rare occasion where I have to agree with Mr. Wiggums.   Trump used his fingers not his willie, thus proving he always makes the right decisions.

NEW YORK (AP) — A jury found Donald Trump liable Tuesday for sexually abusing advice columnist E. Jean Carroll in 1996, awarding her $5 million in a judgment that could haunt the former president as he campaigns to regain the White House.

The verdict was split: Jurors rejected Carroll’s claim that she was raped, finding Trump responsible for a lesser degree of sexual abuse. The judgment adds to Trump’s legal woes and offers vindication to Carroll, whose allegations had been mocked and dismissed by Trump for years.

Just now, Satchmo said:

So here is a rare occasion where I have to agree with Mr. Wiggums.   Trump used his fingers not his willie, thus proving he always makes the right decisions.

NEW YORK (AP) — A jury found Donald Trump liable Tuesday for sexually abusing advice columnist E. Jean Carroll in 1996, awarding her $5 million in a judgment that could haunt the former president as he campaigns to regain the White House.

The verdict was split: Jurors rejected Carroll’s claim that she was raped, finding Trump responsible for a lesser degree of sexual abuse. The judgment adds to Trump’s legal woes and offers vindication to Carroll, whose allegations had been mocked and dismissed by Trump for years.

And I'm guessing most here think Tara Reade is a liar.  

Just now, Satchmo said:

I sure do.  She is the kind of woman Trump likes to call 'nasty'.   I hope she stays in Moscow,

And all the other women who have accused Biden of inappropriate conduct? 

Lemme guess, all liars? Got it

2 hours ago, RupertKBD said:

Trump is now complaining about Jerome Powell's plan to lower interest rates....:classic_rolleyes:

https://www.msn.com/en-ca/money/topstories/trump-says-jerome-powell-wants-to-lower-interest-rates-to-help-biden-win-in-2024-and-would-not-pick-him-again-as-federal-reserve-chief/ar-BB1hFKgb?ocid=hpmsn&cvid=a699ef249c404c29b933b544f9c62ad6&ei=57

Lowering interest rates by the Fed is an indication of a strong economy....but of course Trump doesn't care about that....even if it's good for the American people. He cares only about what's good for Donald Trump...

Right now, what's good for Trump is a weak economy and an unaddressed border crisis....so that's what he wants for the American people.

Fed lowering rates is usually a response to economic weakness to stimulate the economy.  As governments withdraw supports there could be lots of trouble in small business which will exacerbate the trouble facing alot of consumers in all of the western world.

2 minutes ago, flat land fish said:

Fed lowering rates is usually a response to economic weakness to stimulate the economy.  As governments withdraw supports there could be lots of trouble in small business which will exacerbate the trouble facing alot of consumers in all of the western world.

Chairman Powell disagrees with you:

Powell said on Wednesday that interest rates had peaked and he would move to lower them in coming months, which is a sign of the strong U.S. economy.

'We've got six good months of inflation data and an expectation that there's more to come,' he said. 'Let's be honest, this is a good economy.' 

He noted rate cuts would come once the Fed becomes more secure that inflation will continue to decline.

• Cheers 1

7 minutes ago, The Lock said:

Actually, she did the opposite of accusing Biden of misconduct. She instead gave more context behind the video:

https://www.politico.com/story/2019/03/31/joe-biden-stephanie-carter-1246007

See, I do know how to use google and if you actually used google you would be able to find out the context behind this, although I'm sure this wasn't your intention of getting us to do your homework for you.

Video is unrelated to any of the accusers, I guess I should of clarified that.

Edited by Wiggums

26 minutes ago, Wiggums said:

I love when you act like you don't know how to use Google.  

Creepy Joe loves a woman's scent

I just wanted to know your opinion.  I already know mine.

And yes, that video is a bit creepy, as well as being pretty far from 'grab 'em by the pussy'.   

Just now, Wiggums said:

Video is unrelated to any of that, I guess I should go clarified.

Then why did you post it? That was supposed to be your proof. Yet, your proof is unrelated?

• Cheers 3
  • ThereItIs 1

I'll just leave this here. Every allegation is a confession.

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Donald_Trump_sexual_misconduct_allegations

jDonald Trump, the president of the United States from 2017 to 2021, has been accused of rapesexual assault, and sexual harassment, including non-consensual kissing or groping, by at least 25 women since the 1970s.[1][2

giphy-1.gif

• Like 1
  • Cheers 1