US Politics Thread

Sharpshooter

Go all in supporting TRUMP.   Lose in 2020.  No red wave in 2022.  Poor campaign fundraising going into this election year.  TRUMP throwing you under the bus.  

See ya

https://www.huffpost.com/entry/ronna-mcdaniel-stepping-down-rnc-chair_n_65c2d270e4b093b2e78165de

Ronna McDaniel To Step Down As Republican National Committee Chair: Reports

Donald Trump has been vocal in recent days about no longer supporting her in the party role.

• Haha 3
  • Sad 1

5 hours ago, Satchmo said:

i could be wrong about this but I suspect you are getting all your info on this matter from X.

Immigration is complicated.  The bill is complicated.   Most Republicans have not even read it -  Trump told them not to bother - but that has not stopped them from commenting on it.  The bill holds almost everything the Republicans had asked for but now they can't accept it for fear of making Democrats look good.

It can be made complicated that's for sure. You wont see these stats on CNN.

https://x.com/EndWokeness/status/1754939039902240874?s=20

Edited by Malibu

5 hours ago, 4petesake said:

I’m scratching my head a bit here… help me out.

So in your opinion the union supports the bill because it ensures job stability so it should follow that they’d vote against a guy who says he would do more to stop illegal immigration altogether? Like the wall guy, who they gave their full support & backing?

Of course. Trump was going to increase staff to keep migrants out, Biden wants to increase staff to serve them sandwiches. It's a win either way for the Border patrol union.

38 minutes ago, Malibu said:

It can be made complicated that's for sure. You wont see these stats on CNN.

https://x.com/EndWokeness/status/1754939039902240874?s=20

No one is saying the numbers are not high.   They have been high for many years.  Neither is anyone really surprised the numbers are growing.

What the problem continues to be is a lack of action.  I agree with the oddly repeated line in your video that any progress with legislation has been put to a stop by Trump. 

Edited by Satchmo

4 minutes ago, Malibu said:

Of course. Trump was going to increase staff to keep migrants out, Biden wants to increase staff to serve them sandwiches. It's a win either way for the Border patrol union.

Please provide proof of this.

3 minutes ago, Malibu said:

So if it’s a win either way why switch to Biden and become  sandwich servers? I’d assume they’d rather do their jobs than become maître ds and wait staff. You don’t get to use your guns much doing that.

• Vintage 1

49 minutes ago, Satchmo said:

No one is saying the numbers are not high.   They have been high for many years.  Neither is anyone really surprised the numbers are growing.

What the problem continues to be is a lack of action.  I agree with the oddly repeated line in your video that any progress with legislation has been put to a stop by Trump. 

49 minutes ago, Satchmo said:

Please provide proof of this.

Okay, for the last time I'm stating here that the bill doesn't stop the illegals, it codifies them.  Do you think closing a border after 8500 actual encounters in a day is an improvement? (Actually I don't believe it even closes the border, they can just go to proper crossing)

Here's the info on the new jobs etc.  https://thehill.com/homenews/senate/4449839-acting-cbp-chief-border-patrol-union-back-senate-border-deal/

• Cheers 2

48 minutes ago, 4petesake said:

So if it’s a win either way why switch to Biden and become  sandwich servers? I’d assume they’d rather do their jobs than become maître ds and wait staff. You don’t get to use your guns much doing that.

Bird in the hand. The union would be anxious to lock in all the new cash from the dues. No brainer afaiac.

4 minutes ago, Malibu said:

1) Okay, for the last time I'm stating here that the bill doesn't stop the illegals, it codifies them. 

2) Do you think closing a border after 8500 actual encounters in a day is an improvement?

3)(Actually I don't believe it even closes the border, they can just go to proper crossing)

Here's the info on the new jobs etc.  https://thehill.com/homenews/senate/4449839-acting-cbp-chief-border-patrol-union-back-senate-border-deal/

1) Sorta like what is happening now.  What follows is not what happens now: 

2) With the numbers you provided earlier there were 6783 per day in 2023 and likely more per day in 2024.  So after a week the working number will be 5000.

'But the bill does not, in fact, authorize immigrants to cross the border illegally. Instead, among other provisions, it would give officials the authority to summarily remove migrants, with little recourse, after a certain number cross: an average of 5,000 encounters per day for a week, or 8,500 in a single day.' 

3) Yes, the border will close.  People going to proper crossings is not the issue.

As the tweet you posted says, the new bill is '“not perfect, but far better than the status quo”.

https://www.usatoday.com/story/opinion/columnist/2024/02/05/take-back-border-convoy-texas-republican-immigration-invasion-act/72451333007/

Goofy 'God's Army' convoy on Texas border shows Trump's MAGA movement is just one long con

Convoy riders came, in underwhelming numbers, and accomplished little beyond showing everyone how tragically gullible they are. That's MAGA in a nutshell: loud and, in the end, impotent.

• Haha 3
  • Cheers 1

29 minutes ago, Satchmo said:

1) Sorta like what is happening now.  What follows is not what happens now: 

2) With the numbers you provided earlier there were 6783 per day in 2023 and likely more per day in 2024.  So after a week the working number will be 5000.

'But the bill does not, in fact, authorize immigrants to cross the border illegally. Instead, among other provisions, it would give officials the authority to summarily remove migrants, with little recourse, after a certain number cross: an average of 5,000 encounters per day for a week, or 8,500 in a single day.' 

3) Yes, the border will close.  People going to proper crossings is not the issue.

As the tweet you posted says, the new bill is '“not perfect, but far better than the status quo”.

Correct. It could reduce the present deluge by 30%, not something I would consider when Biden could just return to Trump policy and reduce it to a pittance. The other thing that really rankles Republicans is provisions to lawyer them up, and that all issues arising must be held in a DC courtroom which is hilarious. 

https://x.com/marklevinshow/status/1754542283121099018?s=20

5 hours ago, the destroyer of worlds said:

Go all in supporting TRUMP.   Lose in 2020.  No red wave in 2022.  Poor campaign fundraising going into this election year.  TRUMP throwing you under the bus.  

See ya

https://www.huffpost.com/entry/ronna-mcdaniel-stepping-down-rnc-chair_n_65c2d270e4b093b2e78165de

Ronna McDaniel To Step Down As Republican National Committee Chair: Reports

Donald Trump has been vocal in recent days about no longer supporting her in the party role.

Another discard in the maniacal world of Dotard Drumpf

IMG_7751.jpeg

• Cheers 1

8 hours ago, the destroyer of worlds said:

https://www.usatoday.com/story/opinion/columnist/2024/02/05/take-back-border-convoy-texas-republican-immigration-invasion-act/72451333007/

Goofy 'God's Army' convoy on Texas border shows Trump's MAGA movement is just one long con

Convoy riders came, in underwhelming numbers, and accomplished little beyond showing everyone how tragically gullible they are. That's MAGA in a nutshell: loud and, in the end, impotent.

What was the original number Petey gave us? 700,000 trucks? :classic_laugh:

To be fair, math is probably not a strength of the MAGA crowd....

• Haha 1

8 hours ago, Malibu said:

Correct. It could reduce the present deluge by 30%, not something I would consider when Biden could just return to Trump policy and reduce it to a pittance. The other thing that really rankles Republicans is provisions to lawyer them up, and that all issues arising must be held in a DC courtroom which is hilarious. 

https://x.com/marklevinshow/status/1754542283121099018?s=20

We are just never going to agree on this.  I am glad to see you finally succumbed to the arithmetic.

BTW - I just looked at Mark Levin's home page.   Lot's of snippy propaganda and glib one-liners.  Not much thoughtful insight. 

You did get me to review just what Trump's border policies were.  I found this article interesting:

How Joe Biden and Donald Trump's border policies compare

https://www.bbc.com/news/world-us-canada-65574725

• Thanks 2

37 minutes ago, Satchmo said:

We are just never going to agree on this.  I am glad to see you finally succumbed to the arithmetic.

BTW - I just looked at Mark Levin's home page.   Lot's of snippy propaganda and glib one-liners.  Not much thoughtful insight. 

You did get me to review just what Trump's border policies were.  I found this article interesting:

How Joe Biden and Donald Trump's border policies compare

https://www.bbc.com/news/world-us-canada-65574725

I outlined the numbers I "succumbed" to in my first post. Mark Levin is a scholar to a fault. His post outlines the problems nationalists have with the bill. 

If you're globalist, post nation state supporter, you would like this bill because you're agenda remains intact with a little bit window dressing and talking points to further confuse the everyday person. 

1 minute ago, Malibu said:

I outlined the numbers I "succumbed" to in my first post. Mark Levin is a scholar to a fault. His post outlines the problems nationalists have with the bill. 

If you're globalist, post nation state supporter, you would like this bill because you're agenda remains intact with a little bit window dressing and talking points to further confuse the everyday person. 

Told you we would never agree.  This Levin guy seems to have been wrong on a lot of things over the years.   If you want to talk about people with agendas I'd include him.  Selling books and promoting his podcasts would surely be part of his. 

If I see the bill to be an improvement over that way things currently are, and think it is about to fail in the house because of politics and not policy,  I am a nationalist, a globalist, a post nation state supporter (I don't even know wtf that is)?   Thanks for letting me know who I am.  Your opinion means a great deal to me.

• Cheers 1

13 minutes ago, Satchmo said:

Told you we would never agree.  This Levin guy seems to have been wrong on a lot of things over the years.   If you want to talk about people with agendas I'd include him.  Selling books and promoting his podcasts would surely be part of his. 

If I see the bill to be an improvement over that way things currently are, and think it is about to fail in the house because of politics and not policy,  I am a nationalist, a globalist, a post nation state supporter (I don't even know wtf that is)?   Thanks for letting me know who I am.  Your opinion means a great deal to me.

If your agenda is globalism the bill is 👍. If you are a nationalist the bill is 👎. What is going on now is a disaster, the bill enshrines that disaster with the weak promise of slowing it down. 

I doubt Levin is wrong about anything. He loses constantly, like all nationalist/conservatives, but I doubt he is wrong. 

9 hours ago, Malibu said:

If your agenda is globalism the bill is 👍. If you are a nationalist the bill is 👎. What is going on now is a disaster, the bill enshrines that disaster with the weak promise of slowing it down. 

I doubt Levin is wrong about anything. He loses constantly, like all nationalist/conservatives, but I doubt he is wrong. 

What do you suggest be done?

Levin is not wrong if you agree that Covid is no worse than the flu, that there were WMD's in Iraq,   that the election was stolen, that "If we don't fight on Jan. 6 on the floor of the Senate and the House... then we are done.".  There are other things but those will do.

I did find a statement of his that I agree with: "You want a world war? Then become an ostrich, put your head in the sand and let the Russians roll through one country after another".  Odd how the defeat of this bill will be such a great assistance to Russia.

Edited by Satchmo
  • Cheers 4