US Politics Thread

Sharpshooter

14 minutes ago, Gnarcore said:

I can easily see both not making the full term. 

I see TRUMP trying to pardon himself.  If/when he fails, he'll resign so his VP can pardon him a la Nixon.  Of course the resignation won't come quickly cause the SCOTUS will have to rule on it.  Allow him to pardon himself, and that's game set match on America.

Who TRUMP picks will be telling. 

• Cheers 1

12 minutes ago, Gnarcore said:

I can easily see both not making the full term. 

If Harris is not the VP again, I see this administration making a somewhat sensible choice.

On the other hand, Trump might select Green, Lake, Stefanik, Carlson or some other nut job.

• Cheers 1

19 minutes ago, Ghostsof1915 said:

Why, Harris is probably more competent than Biden or Trump. What's wrong with her as VP?

I think it's the combo.  Black and female.   I mean, just look at the hate being directed at a successful white woman.   Ain't no way the bigots are going to take a successful black woman as POTUS.   

In all seriousness, I think it has to do with some of her decisions while she was a DA and when she was Attorney General of California. 

17 minutes ago, the destroyer of worlds said:

I think it's the combo.  Black and female.   I mean, just look at the hate being directed at a successful white woman.   Ain't no way the bigots are going to take a successful black woman as POTUS.   

In all seriousness, I think it has to do with some of her decisions while she was a DA and when she was Attorney General of California. 

Michelle Obama would win potus in a landslide. 
If she doesn’t run then it looks like the end of times with The Orange Ass winning. 

35 minutes ago, Alflives said:

Michelle Obama would win potus in a landslide. 
If she doesn’t run then it looks like the end of times with The Orange Ass winning. 

Biden is toast.  He just said on National TV that the President of Mexico initially did not want humanitarian aide to get into Gaza.  His brain is shot.  Look for the Democrats to replace him in May with Michelle Obama…

• Haha 1
  • Vintage 1

5 minutes ago, Elias Pettersson said:

Did Biden actually say at 30 seconds “initially The President of Mexico did not want humanitarian aid to get in”?  WTF?  What does Mexico have to do with Gaza?

Biden doesn’t even know he’s alive…

Yes he actually didspacer.png

Genocide Joe it's time to go

4 hours ago, Sharpshooter said:

He ought to ditch Harris, by her respectful resignation of course, and install a younger politician that can carry the presidential ball if Biden drops it, misplaces it or forgets about it. 

Right now though Biden is doing well enough. Another 4 years at that stress level? I dunno. If the US is wary of him behind a steering wheel, do they really want him behind ‘the wheel’ of the US and the World? 

Hence why Biden campaign should be campaigning as Team Biden instead of Biden as some strategist are pushing. 

He needs to make it about the people around him rather than him. 

This is the one time where the Dems or GOP can win the whole thing in a landslide if they just change the top of the ticker to anyone else.

Trump will lose to anyone but Biden and Biden will lose to anyone but Trump. 

https://www.politico.com/news/magazine/2024/02/02/joe-biden-30-policy-things-you-might-have-missed-00139046

Decent read.

We already know Biden's impressive results in tempering inflation and increased wage growth. We also know he's anti-Russia and pro-democracy. His big wins in passing an infrastructure bill and lowering drug prices. Large investments in clean energy while at the same time having record oil production. 

Here's some more lesser known things he's accomplished. 

• Thanks 3

3 minutes ago, the destroyer of worlds said:

I'll take gaffes all day, any day from Biden over the orange turd.

I'm not alone.

Covfefe.  Windmills.  Revolutionary war airports...And so on.

He's old, who cares. His results speak for themselves, plus he isn't Trump (which, sadly, is the #1 reason to vote). 

I expect another big showing from Gen Z. They know a Trump 2nd term is hazardous to their long-term outlook. 

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

8 hours ago, the destroyer of worlds said:

I see TRUMP trying to pardon himself.  If/when he fails, he'll resign so his VP can pardon him a la Nixon.  Of course the resignation won't come quickly cause the SCOTUS will have to rule on it.  Allow him to pardon himself, and that's game set match on America.

Who TRUMP picks will be telling. 

Presidents can pardon themselves.  They have unfettered pardoning power at the federal level.  The DoJ ruled on that while he was still president.

He asked them to look into it when he was considering pardons for himself and his family.  Funny thing is, one of his aides convinced him not to because it would "tarnish his legacy".  I could barely type that last part without laughing.

I think it will be safe to say that whoever gave him that advice won't be serving in his second administration if he is re-elected.

Edited by Sabrefan1

5 hours ago, CBH1926 said:

I see that Tucker Carlson besides interviewing Putin has also interviewed Snowden.

Reagan and Eisenhower must be rolling in their graves.

They'd be upset about a journalist doing journalism

The Putin interview wasn't bad.  It's interesting to see it from the other side's perspective whether you agree with the Russians or not.  Personally I don't, but it was still interesting.

Carlson also all but begged Putin at the end of the interview for him to release a jailed New York Times journalist, in jail for espionage, so he could bring him back home to the US.  Putin told him that there were already talks between the US and Russia's intelligence services for a deal.

Journalists across the country expressed a combination of outrage and confusion after a video surfaced online of a journalist doing journalism.

According to sources, the video, posted on social media platform X, shows known journalist Tucker Carlson willfully and recklessly engaging in actual journalism without any regard for the damage that may be caused by such a wanton display.

"We're not sure what this guy thinks he's doing," said one New York Times columnist who asked to remain anonymous. "He's out here investigating and searching for the truth and interviewing world leaders on important geopolitical topics. Wild, unrestrained journalism. It's dangerous, really. Digging for information and conducting interviews and just… reporting what he's learned and putting it out there for people to see it? Are you serious?!"

With Carlson's much-anticipated interview with Russian President Vladimir Putin soon to be released to the public, mainstream journalists prepared for the worst. "I wouldn't even know what to do in that situation," said one CNN correspondent under the condition of anonymity. "Look, I'm a journalist, but at no point would I ever entertain the notion of, you know… doing journalism. That's beyond the pale. I don't think anyone could predict the consequences of doing such a thing. This Tucker guy is insane."

At publishing time, journalists throughout the media industry were sheltering in place in preparation for the Putin interview, unsure if the world as they knew it would even exist the following day after a journalist threw caution to the wind and did journalism.

2 minutes ago, Boudrias said:

So who is really running the USA? Joe's wife? 

The party and his administration as a whole most likely.  Back when Reagan was in rough shape in his final 2 years though, his wife Nancy secretly took control.

• Upvote 1

9 hours ago, Elias Pettersson said:

Biden is toast.  He just said on National TV that the President of Mexico initially did not want humanitarian aide to get into Gaza.  His brain is shot.  Look for the Democrats to replace him in May with Michelle Obama…

I was watching that live, when he said he urges the Mexican president president to open their border to allow humanitarian aid into Gaza I started Lmao. 

2 hours ago, Sabrefan1 said:

They'd be upset about a journalist doing journalism

The Putin interview wasn't bad.  It's interesting to see it from the other side's perspective whether you agree with the Russians or not.  Personally I don't, but it was still interesting.

Carlson also all but begged Putin at the end of the interview for him to release a jailed New York Times journalist, in jail for espionage, so he could bring him back home to the US.  Putin told him that there were already talks between the US and Russia's intelligence services for a deal.

Just giving a bastard like Putin a platform is bad. There's no journalism there.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2