US Politics Thread

Sharpshooter

2 minutes ago, Satchmo said:

Just in case anybody missed this.   Krusty's reaction at the end was the same as mime.

What I get from this ad is the only reason to support that tool is his name.  No policy.  Nothing of substance.   

He has nothing of substance.

• Upvote 1
  • Vintage 2

7 minutes ago, Satchmo said:

Just in case anybody missed this.   Krusty's reaction at the end was the same as mime.

What was his name again? I think I missed it in all of the policies he was explaining throughout the ad.

• Haha 2
  • Cheers 1

3 minutes ago, the destroyer of worlds said:

What I get from this ad is the only reason to support that tool is his name.  No policy.  Nothing of substance.   

He has nothing of substance.

Even RFK wasn't really happy with it and is trying to distance himself.   Not sure he would have done that if not for the fuss it generated..

http://RFK Jr. apologizes to cousins offended by Super Bowl ad’s reference to JFK

• Cheers 1

18 minutes ago, Satchmo said:

Even RFK wasn't really happy with it and is trying to distance himself.   Not sure he would have done that if not for the fuss it generated..

http://RFK Jr. apologizes to cousins offended by Super Bowl ad’s reference to JFK

It's a rip off of an original JFK ad from the 60's

• Cheers 1

4 hours ago, Gurn said:

Sadly, a 'large' part of why Drumpf is perceived, by some, as more robust is simply because he is morbidly obese.

A lot of people confuse being overly heavy, with being healthy.

Biden doesn't even walk anymore.  He shuffles his feet.  That's what people with dementia do.  Bone Spurs may forget alot of things but his dementia is nowhere near as bad as Biden's.  

Biden will be replaced with somebody else.  So will Kamala Harris.  The Democrats are not going to take a risk with Biden.  He won't even be able to get through the debates.  By May you will see the switch...

1 minute ago, Elias Pettersson said:

Biden doesn't even walk anymore.  He shuffles his feet.  That's what people with dementia do.  Bone Spurs may forget alot of things but his dementia is nowhere near as bad as Biden's.  

Biden will be replaced with somebody else.  So will Kamala Harris.  The Democrats are not going to take a risk with Biden.  He won't even be able to get through the debates.  By May you will see the switch...

Ya, I think nothing will or could really happen until after Biden has absolutely secured the nomination.  Marianne Williamson dropped out.  Dean Phillips hasn't, but he also has zero delegates after 3 states.  Hell, Biden smashed them with a write-in campaign in New Hampshire.  

4 minutes ago, the destroyer of worlds said:

Ya, I think nothing will or could really happen until after Biden has absolutely secured the nomination.  Marianne Williamson dropped out.  Dean Phillips hasn't, but he also has zero delegates after 3 states.  Hell, Biden smashed them with a write-in campaign in New Hampshire.  

Pretty sure it will be over after Super Tuesday.  Once Biden secures the nomination they will do the switcheroo.  I can see two tickets.  Michelle Obama and Gavin Newsom and also an Obama/Obama ticket.  Nothing prevents a former President from being a VP.  The only issue is that Barack would technically become the First Man.  So that may be an issue to have a husband and wife as a President and VP...

• Confused 1

7 minutes ago, Elias Pettersson said:

Pretty sure it will be over after Super Tuesday.  Once Biden secures the nomination they will do the switcheroo.  I can see two tickets.  Michelle Obama and Gavin Newsom and also an Obama/Obama ticket.  Nothing prevents a former President from being a VP.  The only issue is that Barack would technically become the First Man.  So that may be an issue to have a husband and wife as a President and VP...

That one can't happen.  Barrack has been term limited.  It would have to be a different VP.

EDIT:

The person who is Vice President also has to be eligible to become President.  At least 35 years of age.  American.  So being term-limited means B is ineligible.

From the 12th Amendment.

"No person constitutionally ineligible to the office of President shall be eligible to that of Vice-President of the United States,”

Edited by the destroyer of worlds
  • Cheers 1

5 minutes ago, Elias Pettersson said:

Interesting ideas. Even with a DNC ticket change it will be all about electoral college votes. I think Obama as VP but they need a bigger name as Pres. Newsom gets you Cali but I prefer a business name. That would take the wind from Trump's economic edge. What is Bill Gates doing these days? Gates/Obama 

• Cheers 1

7 minutes ago, Boudrias said:

Interesting ideas. Even with a DNC ticket change it will be all about electoral college votes. I think Obama as VP but they need a bigger name as Pres. Newsom gets you Cali but I prefer a business name. That would take the wind from Trump's economic edge. What is Bill Gates doing these days? Gates/Obama 

Mark Cuban would be great.

• Cheers 1

51 minutes ago, Elias Pettersson said:

Doctor Petey / The Amazing Kreskin has weighed in......

• Haha 4

2 hours ago, nuckin_futz said:

Remember when Trump was POTUS and conservatives would lose their shit any time someone mentioned one of his family members? (Even the ones who were part of his administration)

Good times....

• Cheers 1

3 minutes ago, RupertKBD said:

Some interesting portrayals of Donald Trump at a recent carnival parade in Germany:

eadad4c08215c276e6e10d7db0424134f9508e88d74d36be73d1b3e7fd9a0669.webp.da3d9c4e2df39cacc0f38fd4ccfe1bfa.webphuge-satirical-models-of-trump-putin-and-zelensky-at-german-carnival-parades.webp.111d85b0ad02e95ad85f95e7e390b8ea.webpimage.thumb.jpeg.07e65129580d3a825fa2668f9a0b3f78.jpeg

There's a bunch more and they're really creative:

https://www.google.com/search?client=firefox-b-d&sca_esv=4cfa0bda60f78d2e&q=german+parade+trump&tbm=isch&source=lnms&sa=X&ved=2ahUKEwjJk8Tc66aEAxUt78kDHVQDAKcQ0pQJegQIChAB&biw=1543&bih=898&dpr=1

Hard to choose a favourite but…

IMG_1019.jpeg

• Haha 1
  • Vintage 2