US Politics Thread

Sharpshooter

1 hour ago, Elias Pettersson said:

Pretty sure it will be over after Super Tuesday.  Once Biden secures the nomination they will do the switcheroo.  I can see two tickets.  Michelle Obama and Gavin Newsom and also an Obama/Obama ticket.  Nothing prevents a former President from being a VP.  The only issue is that Barack would technically become the First Man.  So that may be an issue to have a husband and wife as a President and VP...

Why on Earth would they even think about changing the ticket? The Biden/Harris ticket stomped Trump by approx 100 electoral votes. 2022 mid terms were a cake walk.

That would be like firing Rick Tocchet right now because he said he replaced Travis Green as coach or that the Rangers won the cup last year. You wouldn't fire him, because he keeps on winning.

• Thanks 2

2 hours ago, Gurn said:

Drumpf senior has to be pissed seeing this.

Keep pushing Michelle- and she might just say say "Fuck it, I'm in as vice prez, if you want, Joe.

they may actually want that. I doubt it would be that hard to convince a lot of the US that Barry would be pulling the strings in the background. 

although it occurs to me that if she was VP, the MAGA crowd would be very confused, as they would suddenly want Biden to be in great shape.

Edited by Bob Long

5 minutes ago, Bob Long said:

they may actually want that. I doubt it would be that hard to convince a lot of the US that Barry would be pulling the strings in the background. 

That just makes it easier for the Dems to win then.

Barack was well liked, and respected, by most- excluding the 'birther' movement.

3 minutes ago, Bob Long said:

I've been to Moscow, it actually is really beautiful. The center at least.

I bet it is.  I'd love to go to Europe one day just to see all that old architecture and such.

• Vintage 1

3 hours ago, 4petesake said:

I was rooting for SanFran but this took the sting out.

Ah yes, Sarah Palin, the Trump endorsed candidate in 2022 who lost in the general election... and not even by a little bit. I'm sure a republican has been has a ton of influence and will totally rile people up against a much more popular Kelce. :classic_rolleyes:

Edited by The Lock
  • Haha 2

30 minutes ago, nuckin_futz said:

Consider the source. That's the same Sarah Palin who showed up to the RNC in 2008 with an unwed pregnant teen aged daughter.

Sarah has always been a classy lady.

She named her daughter Bristol after Bristol Inn hotel where she worked.

Luckily for Bristol, Sarah didn’t work at Grand Oral Hotel in Istanbul.

• Haha 3

1 minute ago, CBH1926 said:

Sarah has always been a classy lady.

She named her daughter Bristol after Bristol Inn hotel where she worked.

Luckily for Bristol, Sarah didn’t work at Grand Oral Hotel in Istanbul.

Next thing you know you're going to tell me Boebert's kid is named Beetlejuice.

Edited by The Lock
  • chaos 1

7 hours ago, The Arrogant Worms said:

Tucker Carlson Says Moscow is ‘So Much Nicer’ Than Any City in the United States

https://www.mediaite.com/politics/tucker-carlson-says-moscow-is-so-much-nicer-than-any-city-in-the-united-states/

Well there are a lot of shithole cities in that country....and I say that having visited Edmonton several times...

Edited by Gnarcore
  • Haha 1