US Politics Thread

Sharpshooter

3 minutes ago, Sabrefan1 said:

As I said, Tucker Carlson wasn't the guy who first advanced the idea.  He isn't that quick.  That's why he got laughed at by plenty of people when Putin got annoyed with him and slapped him with the CIA quip.

History shows that people will do just about anything for unfettered power.   George Washington flat out gave the country the warning about it in his farewell address almost 250 years ago.

I don't see how that's relevant to what I was saying. The key is that you agree with him...

• Confused 1

Just now, RupertKBD said:

I don't see how that's relevant to what I was saying. The key is that you agree with him...

So by that reasoning, if Tucker Carlson says that we breath oxygen and turn it into carbon dioxide, I should argue the opposite just because the short guy who used to have a bow tie fetish said so?

• Thanks 1
  • Cheers 1

18 minutes ago, Sabrefan1 said:

The most egregious violation of people staying past their visa dates are border crossers that are released back into the US with a court date.  You don't show up for your court date, you are in breach of your visa.  That's why the statistics tipped from illegal border crossings years ago to people overstaying their visas.

I have been reading for ten minutes now and can't find anything that confirms what you seem to be saying: Can you tell me, is it your opinion that border crossing asylum seekers get a visa and then some to on to not show up to their hearings and therefore overstay their visa, or do you know they get a visa? I can't find a thing that says asylum seekers at the border get a visa. 

Oh and for the record, I think that the USA needs to protect its borders, I think the really tall border fence is a good start, but I like the "good fence" model in northern Israel: when someone touches that high tech fence someone in an OPS building sees exactly where and dispatches authorities very fast to the spot of the infraction. I think along with a nice big fence along the southern border the US needs to invest in drone recon and rapid reaction teams to respond to people at the fence in real time. it isn't a single one cure that will solve the problem of illegal entry into their nation.

Just now, Sabrefan1 said:

Don't listen to me, listen to George Washington.  The problem is that some people here consider Democrats "The good guys" and don't think that they are just as ruthless as the Republicans when it comes to wanting power.

I agree with much of what much you say in this post - though the Dems have no real Watergate or Jan 6 comparables -  and I can see the wisdom in Washington's statement.  I think my question remains unanswered though.

1 minute ago, Optimist Prime said:

I have been reading for ten minutes now and can't find anything that confirms what you seem to be saying: Can you tell me, is it your opinion that border crossing asylum seekers get a visa and then some to on to not show up to their hearings and therefore overstay their visa, or do you know they get a visa? I can't find a thing that says asylum seekers at the border get a visa. 

Nobody is guaranteed a visa.  It's just a tool that immigration has at it's disposal.  People can be granted a temporary visa if they're admitted into the country.

Just now, Satchmo said:

I agree with much of what much you say in this post - though the Dems have no real Watergate or Jan 6 comparables -  and I can see the wisdom in Washington's statement.  I think my question remains unanswered though.

I'll go and re-read your question.  I'm going through these as fast as I can because I'm getting ready for an appointment before my dinner date.  An extra arm would come in handy right now.

1 minute ago, Sabrefan1 said:

Nobody is guaranteed a visa.  It's just a tool that immigration has at it's disposal.  People can be granted a temporary visa if they're admitted into the country.

So can you point to anything that says asylum seekers that show up at the border get a visa? I suspect this was speculative on your part but I would welcome some kind of info showing that what you said isn't just your opinion. 

• Cheers 1

Just now, Optimist Prime said:

So can you point to anything that says asylum seekers that show up at the border get a visa? I suspect this was speculative on your part but I would welcome some kind of info showing that what you said isn't just your opinion. 

Give me a few minutes to find you something.  I'm getting ready for an appointment for a blood draw for my doctor appointment before my dinner date tonight.  I'm trying to get through these posts as fast as I can while getting ready.

I find it important because you say the only reason Visa Overstays are the larger group of illegals in America than border asylum seekers is that the border seekers get a visa and go on to skip the hearing and overstay it. 

I don't think this is true in any way, but again; hoping for some data to back up your assertion.

• Cheers 1

Give me a few minutes to find you something.  I'm getting ready for an appointment for a blood draw for my doctor appointment before my dinner date tonight.  I'm trying to get through these posts as fast as I can while getting ready.

If you don't have any data, don't worry about it, enjoy your day...after the blood draw, eeeek! 

2 minutes ago, Sabrefan1 said:

I'll go and re-read your question.  I'm going through these as fast as I can because I'm getting ready for an appointment before my dinner date.  An extra arm would come in handy right now.

It all goes back to Rup's question:  Do you actually believe that the Dems are trying to increase their voter base through illegal immigration?

You said, yes you do.  I'm just curious to know why you feel this way.

2 hours ago, Wiggums said:

Now do white Americans or just Americans 

Like the super bowl parade shooter(s)

Which will be deflected as well... whatever unless they're African Americans in which case crime and immigrants are out of control am I right 

Edited by Warhippy
  • Cheers 1
  • Vintage 1

4 minutes ago, Optimist Prime said:

Just now, Optimist Prime said:

If you don't have any data, don't worry about it, enjoy your day...after the blood draw, eeeek! 

No worries.  Found the BCC card government page.  I knew exactly what I was looking for so it was easy to find.

I'm gonna go to Satchmo's post now.  I'll get to your follow-up if there is one after his post.

https://travel.state.gov/content/travel/en/us-visas/tourism-visit/border-crossing-card.html

• Haha 1

14 minutes ago, Sabrefan1 said:

So by that reasoning, if Tucker Carlson says that we breath oxygen and turn it into carbon dioxide, I should argue the opposite just because the short guy who used to have a bow tie fetish said so?

There's nothing controversial about that, so the two are not really comparable. I'd also argue that one is a proven fact, while the other is nothing more than a theory. (It's even noted in the title: Great Replacement Theory"

2 minutes ago, Satchmo said:

It all goes back to Rup's question:  Do you actually believe that the Dems are trying to increase their voter base through illegal immigration?

You said, yes you do.  I'm just curious to know why you feel this way.

You have to understand my position.  I don't think just one or the other party is bad.  I believe they both are bad. 

History proves over and over again that people in power always seek more and more power.  This country is down to only two parties.  How do you get more power in that case?  In the United States, you just need to ensure that your party get it's 2/3 majority.

I suppose it comes down to that I believe the worst in people when it comes to Washington and those with the most power there. 

Some prefer to be optimistic and believe the best in one party or the other. 

I could be wrong, or I could be right.  Personally I hope I'm wrong, because it's a solid and very doable plan.

2 minutes ago, RupertKBD said:

There's nothing controversial about that, so the two are not really comparable. I'd also argue that one is a proven fact, while the other is nothing more than a theory. (It's even noted in the title: Great Replacement Theory"

Yeah, I've always thought that was a stupid name.  I'll quote what I wrote above to you to:

You have to understand my position.  I don't think just one or the other party is bad.  I believe they both are bad. 

History proves over and over again that people in power always seek more and more power.  This country is down to only two parties.  How do you get more power in that case?  In the United States, you just need to ensure that your party get it's 2/3 majority.

I suppose it comes down to that I believe the worst in people when it comes to Washington and those with the most power there. 

I could be wrong, or I could be right.  Personally I hope I'm wrong, because it's a solid and very doable plan.

Just now, The Arrogant Worms said:

GOP warning of 'national security threat' is about Russia wanting nuclear weapon in space: Sources

It is not to drop a weapon on Earth but to possibly use against satellites.

https://abcnews.go.com/Politics/story?id=107232293

Well that is gonna break the one international law everyone seemed to agree with. 

We entering the age of Gundam. 

Fair enough I suppose.   Politics is a cesspool.  Belief in that does not really explain how or why 'Dems are trying to increase their voter base through illegal immigration though.

Just now, Satchmo said:

Fair enough I suppose.   Politics is a cesspool.  Belief in that does not really explain how or why 'Dems are trying to increase their voter base through illegal immigration though.

how:  Mass migration with allows in migrants who will vote for Democrats because they are the party who wants them there.

why:  I've answered that in other posts.  In short, if either party gets to 2/3 in state and federal, they have the power to literally reshape the United States.

I gotta bail now.  I'll try and make my way back on the board when I get back home in a few hours.

2 hours ago, Sabrefan1 said:

Yeah, I've always thought that was a stupid name.  I'll quote what I wrote above to you to:

I'm well aware of your position. We've gone back and forth about it several times....

What I believe is that you try a bit too hard to paint both sides as being equally as bad, and I believe this is a false equivalency. The GRT is a perfect example. I don't agree that it's the driving force behind the Democrats position on immigration, but if I were correct, that would refute your "both sides" narrative on this particular subject.

So instead, you offer generalizations about the cynical nature of politics in general, as a stand in for any proof of what you (and Tucker Carlson) are claiming as fact.

I know that might come across as insulting, but it's not meant to be. It's my honest opinion based on years of seeing you post the both sides narrative about virtually every topic regarding US Politics and make such a point of telling everyone how you always vote for the Independent candidate....

Edited by RupertKBD
  • Cheers 4

3 minutes ago, Sabrefan1 said:

how:  Mass migration with allows in migrants who will vote for Democrats because they are the party who wants them there.

why:  I've answered that in other posts.  In short, if either party gets to 2/3 in state and federal, they have the power to literally reshape the United States.

I gotta bail now.  I'll try and make my way back on the board when I get back home in a few hours.

I won't beat this horse anymore.  I still don't get it or agree:

45 minutes ago, Satchmo said:

If so, it really is current pain for future gain.   Are the Dems happy to lose the next election in hopes that the children and grandchildren of illegal immigrants will vote for them?  Or do they think their actions will sway the Hispanic/Latino American vote?  As you can tell, I don't really understand why you feel as you do.