US Politics Thread

Sharpshooter

...."but don't call Republicans stupid"....:classic_rolleyes:

https://www.axios.com/2024/02/14/taylor-swift-conspiracy-theory-republican-party-poll

Roughly a third of Republicans believe in a "covert government effort" for Taylor Swift to help President Biden win the 2024 presidential race, new polling reveals.

Why it matters: The conspiracy theory is one of many that Republicans embrace about nefarious "covert government efforts" related to anything from elections to criminal indictments against former President Trump.

By the numbers: While nearly three-quarters of adults do not believe that a "covert government effort" exists, 18% do, according to a Monmouth University poll released Wednesday.

• Among the 18% of believers include 32% of Republicans, 18% of independents and 6% of Democrats.
  • Meanwhile, the 73% of nonbelievers comprise 89% of Democrats, 72% of independents and 57% of Republicans.

• Cheers 1

These people give morons a bad name. So TS prefers Biden to a douchebag and says so out loud and this is a “covert government effort”?  I’m guessing they don’t know the difference between covert and overt, you know like Ted Nugent openly shilling for Trump. 

IMG_1029.jpeg

• Cheers 1
  • Upvote 1

23 minutes ago, 4petesake said:

These people give morons a bad name. So TS prefers Biden to a douchebag and says so out loud and this is a “covert government effort”?  I’m guessing they don’t know the difference between covert and overt, you know like Ted Nugent openly shilling for Trump. 

IMG_1029.jpeg

Biden thinks Taylor Swift is Brittney Spears and Taylor will come around eventually just as Cardi B did...lol.  Imagine trying to use Cardi B as a political pawn.  Embarrassing

T swift has no idea what goes on in the real world, she probably doesn't even run her own twitter account.  Who cares what she thinks

The left race baiting and witch hunting has torn the west apart

Look at this man stoking the fires of white supremacy........

image.thumb.png.2828a29aaae6dc6ca5bf6e18ca7aa529.png

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

There's a new theory making the rounds. (and it's coming from Republicans)....

The reason Donald Trump is pushing Ronna McDaniel out of the RNC leadership and trying to install his daughter in law and an election denier from NC, is because he want's to use the RNC's coffers to pay for his legal bills:

https://www.msn.com/en-ca/news/politics/senior-republicans-fear-new-rnc-leadership-will-cover-trump-s-legal-bills-report/ar-BB1ik6LH?ocid=hpmsn&cvid=632ca52cfdc140d9b148f5f14e7804ed&ei=90

n an article published on February 14, Politico reporters Natalie Allison, Meridith McGraw and Alex Isenstadt describe the fears of "several senior Republican officials" who worry that "Trump's expected takeover of the RNC will ultimately pave the way for the Committee to once again cover his legal bills."

Interesting note about McDaniel: She used to go by Ronna Romney McDaniel, but dropped the "Romney" part during her tenure as RNC chair. If that name sounds familiar, it's because she is the niece of Mitt Romney....

• Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, Wiggums said:

Biden thinks Taylor Swift is Brittney Spears and Taylor will come around eventually just as Cardi B did...lol.  Imagine trying to use Cardi B as a political pawn.  Embarrassing

T swift has no idea what goes on in the real world, she probably doesn't even run her own twitter account.  Who cares what she thinks

You sound worried.....and you should be. (As should Fat Boy)

Overall, the top 5 most-followed people on social media are:

1. Cristiano Ronaldo - 897 million followers

2. Selena Gomez - 689.9 million followers

3. Justin Bieber - 593.7 million followers

4. Taylor Swift - 534 million followers

5. Ariana Grande - 509.6 million followers

https://explodingtopics.com/blog/social-media-following

But not to worry....I'm sure Kanye has locked up the Anti-Semite vote for you....

• Upvote 1

3 minutes ago, RupertKBD said:

You sound worried.....and you should be. (As should Fat Boy)

Overall, the top 5 most-followed people on social media are:

1. Cristiano Ronaldo - 897 million followers

2. Selena Gomez - 689.9 million followers

3. Justin Bieber - 593.7 million followers

4. Taylor Swift - 534 million followers

5. Ariana Grande - 509.6 million followers

https://explodingtopics.com/blog/social-media-following

But not to worry....I'm sure Kanye has locked up the Anti-Semite vote for you....

I think we should all be worried if T Swift fans help decide any type of vote let alone the POTUS 

Overrated

Edited by Wiggums

11 minutes ago, Wiggums said:

I wonder how much Trump has donated?  $0?

A Timeline of Taylor Swift’s Generosity

The musician has a long history of donating her earnings.

Rather than make splashy, polarizing donations to Planned Parenthood, as fellow artists Harry Styles and Lizzo have done, Swift speaks up about important policy concerns but stops short of big politicized left-leaning donations

https://www.billboard.com/lists/taylor-swifts-charity-donations-gifts-timeline/october-2011-she-donates-70000-in-books-to-her-hometown-library/

Edited by The Arrogant Worms
  • Thanks 1

5 minutes ago, Wiggums said:

It's not what the guy says when the lights and cameras are on that is in dispute.

Besides that - WTF does this even mean: 'The left race baiting and witch hunting has torn the west apart'?    Got some examples?

• Cheers 2
  • Upvote 1

8 minutes ago, Wiggums said:

I think we should all be worried if T Swift fans help decide any type of vote let alone the POTUS 

Overrated

If you say so.....

Personally, I'd listen to her before I'd listen to Kanye, but I guess that's just me....

• Cheers 3

2 minutes ago, RupertKBD said:

If you say so.....

Personally, I'd listen to her before I'd listen to Kanye, but I guess that's just me....

she could actually make a big difference if she decides to encourage younger voters even more than she has. 

Why a Canadian would want Trump to win is beyond me, but I've given up on CanCon's making any rational sense. 

• Cheers 3

1 hour ago, Sabrefan1 said:

I'll also never forget going to the dance clubs on Lundys Lane from ages 19-23 and occasionally tweaking some Canadians for fun and saying, "Ah, Canada, the 51st state".  It probably wouldn't work to rile up anyone these days, but it definitely worked back then.  😄

Man, I thought we already shook that "manifest destiny" bullshit out of you guys south of the 49th... :picard:

...if we give you York and Albertastan to satisfy the "manifest destiny" stuff, will you guys give us the rest of Cascadia in return?  Tradesies?  :hurhur:

• Haha 1

16 minutes ago, Satchmo said:

It's not what the guy says when the lights and cameras are on that is in dispute.

Besides that - WTF does this even mean: 'The left race baiting and witch hunting has torn the west apart'?    Got some examples?

There are examples every day, everywhere.

You've admitted before there is no proof that Trump is racist

It's perception created by the media that wants him to fail, simple minded people who don't have a grasp on the real world buy into it and here we are.  

We are more divided than ever and it's because of progressive left race mongering and media outlets making money off clickbait whilst trying to start a race war.  Fear and anger sells

Racism is and always been an issue but the left has put people against each other which has actually caused even more racism, hatred and as I said, divisiveness.  Outlets like CNN literally labelling people by skin color first, name second.

Have you ever heard Morgan Freeman talk about racism? Watch until the end

Edited by Wiggums
  • Confused 1

1 hour ago, 4petesake said:

There is an interactive map at this site where you can view any of the approved projects that are happening in your state.  There are some 46,000 nationwide currently. 

https://www.whitehouse.gov/invest/?utm_source=invest.gov

I was trying to find what Biden’s reasoning was for saying that the bill would reduce inflationary pressures and see that there was a letter signed by 15 Nobel Prize economists claiming that to be correct. I’m not arguing that it is, just that there is some support for the claim.

https://www.documentcloud.org/documents/21063166-nobel-prize-letter-in-support-of-biden-economic-program

IMG_1036.jpeg

Thanks for the links.

I'd like to see where New York will stuff our share.  Our politicians in NY aren't known for their honesty or their fiscal prudence.  The Buffalo Billion scandal got a fair amount of people in trouble.

As for whether the bill has or will reduce inflation, we won't know for sure until the GAO is tasked with figuring it out after all of the money is spent.

• Cheers 1

18 minutes ago, Bob Long said:

she could actually make a big difference if she decides to encourage younger voters even more than she has. 

Why a Canadian would want Trump to win is beyond me, but I've given up on CanCon's making any rational sense. 

This is something the Trump enthusiasts forget about Taylor....she doesn't tell anyone who to vote for. She just tells them to vote.

Her fans are smart enough to know who the better candidate is.

• Cheers 1
  • Upvote 1

2 minutes ago, RupertKBD said:

This is something the Trump enthusiasts forget about Taylor....she doesn't tell anyone who to vote for. She just tells them to vote.

Her fans are smart enough to know who the better candidate is.

its funny, Trump and his minions ramping things up against her will probably encourage her followers to go out and defend her now, which might be an even more powerful motivation for them. It was a stupid thing for trump to do.

• Cheers 2

6 minutes ago, Wiggums said:

There are examples every day, everywhere.

You've admitted before there is no proof that Trump is racist

It's perception created by the media that wants him to fail, simple minded people who don't have a grasp on the real world buy into it and here we are.  

We are more divided than ever and it's because of progressive left race mongering and media outlets making money off clickbait whilst trying to start a race war.  Fear and anger sells

Racism is and always been an issue but the left has put people against each other which has actually caused even more racism, hatred and as I said, divisiveness.  Outlets like CNN literally labelling people by skin color first, name second.

Have you ever heard Morgan Freeman talk about racism? Watch until the end

There are also examples of right wing racist organizations every day, everywhere. 

Yes, in an attempt to put a stop to a lengthy conversation I thought was going nowhere (who is more racist Trump or Biden?) I pointed out that we are not likely to find any smoking guns and should just move on.

We are very divided, here and in the US. You and I seem to be very divided as to what is the cause of it all.

Freeman has an interesting take.  I'd like to hear what less affluent people in Oakland or Detroit say about his comments.   

I think you are way off base on all this.   You no doubt think I'm way off base.   I think your original statement was WAY over the top but I don't want to pursue it further as I suspect it would just waste our time.   

• Vintage 1

1 minute ago, Bob Long said:

its funny, Trump and his minions ramping things up against her will probably encourage her followers to go out and defend her now, which might be an even more powerful motivation for them. It was a stupid thing for trump to do.

Agreed.

The thing with Trump is that he's so used to paying zero consequences for his actions, he literally thinks he can say and do anything he wants without paying the price....

The day he reaches the "FO" part of FAFO can't come soon enough, IMO....

• Cheers 2

Just now, RupertKBD said:

Agreed.

The thing with Trump is that he's so used to paying zero consequences for his actions, he literally thinks he can say and do anything he wants without paying the price....

The day he reaches the "FO" part of FAFO can't come soon enough, IMO....

the only thing imo that can prevent the orange clown from winning is younger voters in the US. So we'll see. #defendTaylor might be a hell of a motivator for u40s. 

• Cheers 2