US Politics Thread

Sharpshooter

We should get a ruling in this case soon.  

https://www.nbcnews.com/news/us-news/jury-begins-deliberations-trial-nra-former-ceo-wayne-lapierre-rcna138824

Jury begins deliberations in trial against NRA and former CEO Wayne LaPierre

The jury will decide whether LaPierre drew millions of dollars away from the gun rights group on luxuries for himself, as well as whether other executives flouted laws and internal policies to enrich themselves.
  • Thanks 1

30 minutes ago, The Arrogant Worms said:

Trump Lashes Out at AI Photos Making Him Look Fatter in First Comments After Devastating Fraud Ruling

https://www.mediaite.com/politics/trump-lashes-out-at-ai-photos-making-him-look-fatter-in-first-comments-after-devastating-fraud-ruling/

What's the saying? The camera adds 5 pounds?

Apparently there were several cameras involved.....:classic_cool:

• Haha 1

7 minutes ago, the destroyer of worlds said:

We should get a ruling in this case soon.  

https://www.nbcnews.com/news/us-news/jury-begins-deliberations-trial-nra-former-ceo-wayne-lapierre-rcna138824

Jury begins deliberations in trial against NRA and former CEO Wayne LaPierre

The jury will decide whether LaPierre drew millions of dollars away from the gun rights group on luxuries for himself, as well as whether other executives flouted laws and internal policies to enrich themselves.

Wayne Lapierre is responsible for more deaths than Vietnam or Covid, IMHO....

If there is any justice, this POS will go to jail.....

• Thanks 1
  • Cheers 2

Just now, RupertKBD said:

Wayne Lapierre is responsible for more deaths than Vietnam or Covid, IMHO....

If there is any justice, this POS will go to jail.....

I'm not sure there is true justice when it comes to someone that sells murder for a living . 

• Cheers 1

1 minute ago, RupertKBD said:

This is hilarious.....Tucker is blown away by the Russian system for shopping carts.....:classic_laugh:

...and don't get him started on Self-Check-out.....:classic_laugh:

Has he seriously never seen this, or is this just the first time he's successfully figured out out without adult supervision?

• Haha 1

2 minutes ago, RupertKBD said:

This is hilarious.....Tucker is blown away by the Russian system for shopping carts.....:classic_laugh:

He must be taking the piss here to make those Ruskies feel so good.

By the way what is 10 rubles worth? Id buy up all those shopping carts and take them to recycling depot.

• Cheers 2

2 minutes ago, King Heffy said:

Has he seriously never seen this, or is this just the first time he's successfully figured out out without adult supervision?

It's hard to imagine that he's never seen it before, but he is a silver spooner, so maybe he's never done his own grocery shopping.....:classic_unsure:

It actually reminds me of a comedy routine I saw once....."Okay Dennis....your idea to keep homeless people from stealing your carts is....change? :classic_huh: "Change is something homeless people have, Dennis"....

"Maybe instead, they should have to insert a shingle from their roof".....:classic_unsure:

• Haha 2

8 minutes ago, BarneyKook said:

He must be taking the piss here to make those Ruskies feel so good.

By the way what is 10 rubles worth? Id buy up all those shopping carts and take them to recycling depot.

IIRC, a Ruble is worth about a penny in US currency....

Alright guys and gals....here's your Friday Afternoon giant helping of Schadenfreude:

"Predictably, Democrat New York AG Tish James and Manhattan Judge Arthur Engoron—two hyper-partisan Democrat clowns—are attempting to destroy Trump and his businesses," insisted Mike Davis.

"This is part of the Democrats’ lawfare and election interference, because they fear voters on November 5, 2024."

Talk show host Joe Pagliarulo argued the ruling was proof that James and Engoron were "horrible human beings."

"[Trump] should move all of his businesses to Florida," said Pagliarulo. "NY is losing people faster than anyone else. The tax base is running from that state!"

"This is outrageous!" declared Greene. "The entire case is built off the ABSURD claim that President Trump’s first-class Mar-a-Lago, situated on some of the most expensive property in the country and the world, is worth only $18M."

"This sham persecution is Letitia James fulfilling her campaign promise to go after Trump — a nasty woman!" Greene wrote. "These people belong in jail for the abuse of power they are wielding against President Trump and his family."

https://www.msn.com/en-ca/news/politics/maga-melts-down-after-trump-hit-with-massive-fraud-damages-verdict/ar-BB1ip56Y?ocid=hpmsn&cvid=045912ba05be4cb784c510df475dfda7&ei=20

image.jpeg.122faf4684d146060a1e86222f2176ab.jpeg

• Haha 1
  • Cheers 1

1 hour ago, RupertKBD said:

It's hard to imagine that he's never seen it before, but he is a silver spooner, so maybe he's never done his own grocery shopping.....:classic_unsure:

It actually reminds me of a comedy routine I saw once....."Okay Dennis....your idea to keep homeless people from stealing your carts is....change? :classic_huh: "Change is something homeless people have, Dennis"....

"Maybe instead, they should have to insert a shingle from their roof".....:classic_unsure:

The only place that does insert quarter for shopping cart by me is Aldi.

No way that this pompous ass shops there, but as you said other people shop for him or he gets it delivered.

‘You Got To Be Kidding Me!’ MSNBC Analyst Shocked By Just How Much Trump Inflated Specific Assets

https://www.mediaite.com/tv/you-got-to-be-kidding-me-msnbc-analyst-shocked-by-just-how-much-trump-inflated-specific-assets/

MSNBC legal commentator Tristan Snell marveled at the immense disparities in property evaluations in Donald Trump’s civil fraud trial, in which the GOP frontrunner was ordered to pay some $350 million in damages on Friday. Trump had been found liable back in September of 2023 for defrauding banks and insurance companies in order to receive more favorable terms on loans.

“Couple things,” began Snell, adding:

One is there was a great graphic that was up just a second ago and it showed especially Seven Springs. I think it was one of them were it. Let’s just talk about the numbers here. The sheer quantity of the the disparity between what he claimed the property was and what it was appraised for.

We’re not talking about something where he rounded up a little bit or added a little 10%, 20%, 30%, that one right there. That’s the one. Take a look at that. Look at Seven Springs, $30 million appraised value. And he tried to value it at. My eyesight is terrible.

“$261 to $291 million. You got to be kidding me!” added Snell, a former prosecutor.

“Just that is it right there. Screenshot that. That’s your exhibit A right there for if you want to know why is he in this much trouble. That’s why,” he added.

• Like 2
  • Cheers 1
  • Vintage 1

3 hours ago, RupertKBD said:

Shopping carts are free at Whole Foods. I don’t have to insert a quarter, you just take one from the area where they are stored and then leave them in an area within the parkade. 

I’m assuming Tucker doesn’t shop at places like Walmart and Save on Foods. 

But I’m assuming homeless people don’t shop at Whole Foods, so they aren’t worried about stolen carts. 

Edited by Elias Pettersson