US Politics Thread

Sharpshooter

2 minutes ago, Bob Long said:

you do realize that who's in power can have a big impact on Canada?

So you think this thread is making any type of difference in how Americans will vote?

I think it's a lot of yelling into the void or 

Grampa Simpson Meme GIF by MOODMAN

Just now, Rob Eh said:

So you think this thread is making any type of difference in how Americans will vote?

I think it's a lot of yelling into the void or 

Grampa Simpson Meme GIF by MOODMAN

I think people just like discussing the possibilities and find politics interesting 

3 minutes ago, Bob Long said:

you do realize that who's in power can have a big impact on Canada?

https://thehill.com/policy/international/americas/593252-canada-warns-against-foreign-interference-after-republicans/

Agreed.  I guess it's unreasonable for Canadians to prefer not having a terrorist organization running the USA though.  The Republican party is a threat to democracy both domestically and internationally and needs to be denazified.

• Cheers 1
  • MillerTime 2

7 minutes ago, Rob Eh said:

Imagine spending every day whining in 287 page thread about one political party while vehemently defending another and it isn't even your country. 

Accusing Canadians of being MAGA because they won't flock to Biden and Trudeau's jock like they always do...

Pavlov's frothing basket of adorable's.

I'm so glad we have you around to tell us what's really going on.

• Cheers 2

1 minute ago, King Heffy said:

https://thehill.com/policy/international/americas/593252-canada-warns-against-foreign-interference-after-republicans/

Agreed.  I guess it's unreasonable for Canadians to prefer not having a terrorist organization running the USA though.  The Republican party is a threat to democracy both domestically and internationally and needs to be denazified.

Cool story, bro

1 minute ago, Satchmo said:

I'm so glad we have you around to tell us what's really going on.

I don't, i just try to remind you that the CNN and MSN articles you post are the equivalent of posting Oilers fans opinions of the Canucks.

• Cheers 1

1 minute ago, Rob Eh said:

Cool story, bro

I don't, i just try to remind you that the CNN and MSN articles you post are the equivalent of posting Oilers fans opinions of the Canucks.

Let's see more from the eXperts on X.   They are making way more money from book sales and podcasts than the average reporter so they are due much more respect.

There are more of me in the US than you think.

Also, Democrats no longer outnumber Republicans which is interesting.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Independent Party ID Tied for High; Democratic ID at New Low

https://news.gallup.com/poll/548459/independent-party-tied-high-democratic-new-low.aspx

• chaos 1

16 minutes ago, Rob Eh said:

Imagine spending every day whining in 287 page thread about one political party while vehemently defending another and it isn't even your country. 

Accusing Canadians of being MAGA because they won't flock to Biden and Trudeau's jock like they always do...

Imagine throwing out all common sense and critical thinking skills to become an apologist for a despicable, narcissistic criminal of a former president we call Trump.

• Thanks 3
  • Cheers 1

1 hour ago, Rob Eh said:

Imagine spending every day whining in life about one political party while vehemently defending another period.  Accusing people of being liberals or left wingers because they don't agree with right wing princiapls as they exist today

Pavlovs frothing basket of idiots

• Cheers 3

2 hours ago, RupertKBD said:

Sooo.....facing a penalty of $355 million, Team Bone Spurs has decided to release the fugliest $400 sneakers you can possiblt imagine:

image.thumb.jpeg.0ace3e7bfbed5cfa41646a15c3b3f4fc.jpeg

It's unclear at this point whether these atrocities were designed by a 4 year-old, or the same company that designed those Thursday Night Football unis....

Copying Big Baller Brand ($$$$ crappy shoes) minus an athlete son(s) to promote it (I guess Eric is limited to promoted the Dotard brand of cocaine):

• Cheers 1

3 hours ago, RupertKBD said:

Sooo.....facing a penalty of $355 million, Team Bone Spurs has decided to release the fugliest $400 sneakers you can possiblt imagine:

image.thumb.jpeg.0ace3e7bfbed5cfa41646a15c3b3f4fc.jpeg

It's unclear at this point whether these atrocities were designed by a 4 year-old, or the same company that designed those Thursday Night Football unis....

3 hours ago, Sabrefan1 said:

There's a sucker born every minute.  He made a killing on selling those NFT pictures of himself. 

I'm sorta surprised that he hasn't re-started up all of his old businesses like Trump Water, Trump Steak, Trump Ties, etc.

His sneakers sold out in less than 2 hours.

https://www.forbes.com/sites/caileygleeson/2024/02/18/trumps-super-limited-399-gold-sneakers-reportedly-sell-out/?sh=30a4f2bb7073

• Haha 1

12 minutes ago, Sabrefan1 said:

And?  Does that make him successful or does it make people stupid?

Before you make the suggestion, yes success among brands is largely dependent on the stupidity of or ignorance of the consumer so yes they are synonymous with each other

• Like 2

9 minutes ago, Sabrefan1 said:

They're great. Very high quality, i'm still breaking mine in.

I'm not supporting Trump, i'm supporting my arches. It's hard to find a good shoe.

I knew it would be good quality from USA and not some S-H place.

Spoiler

I'm just kidding around, i don't have Trudeau socks either.

3 minutes ago, Warhippy said:

And?  Does that make him successful or does it make people stupid?

Before you make the suggestion, yes success among brands is largely dependent on the stupidity of or ignorance of the consumer so yes they are synonymous with each other

I suspect those shoes were painted with lead paint.  Gotta keep his supporters in line

• Cheers 1

Just now, Rob Eh said:

They're great. Very high quality, i'm still breaking mine in.

I'm not supporting Trump, i'm supporting my arches. It's hard to find a good shoe.

I knew it would be good quality from USA and not some S-H place.

Hide contents

I'm just kidding around, i don't have Trudeau socks either.

Did you buy an F trudeau or anti trudeau sticker or flag or anything of the sort?

2 minutes ago, coho8888 said:

I suspect those shoes were painted with lead paint.  Gotta keep his supporters in line

Just want to see how Sabre feels about it.

Just because they "sold out" doesn't mean much at all.  The sucker born every minute statement comes in to play but I have about 3 dozen laughable comparisons to make regarding the selling out of these shoes and various woke movements or wants the leftists and millennials jumped in to that were summarily mocked

• Like 2
  • Cheers 1

There were 1,000 pairs, and that guy does have  a couple hundred thousand full on  followers - so I'm not shocked they sold out.

Also I'd say a few were bought completely as collector merchandise.

Buy   hold       Sell.

• Cheers 2

2 minutes ago, Gurn said:

There were 1,000 pairs, and that guy does have  a couple hundred thousand full on  followers - so I'm not shocked they sold out.

Also I'd say a few were bought completely as collector merchandise.

Buy   hold       Sell.

Brought to you by the Beanie Babies Will Mature in Price generation

• Cheers 1
  • Upvote 1

11 minutes ago, Warhippy said:

Did you buy an F trudeau or anti trudeau sticker or flag or anything of the sort?

I can honestly say i didn't but can everybody in this thread honestly say they don't have this poster?

31 minutes ago, Sabrefan1 said:

Knowing how many gullible fools support the clown, I would have been surprised if they hadn't.....

Still ugly AF, if you ask me....

• Cheers 1

3 minutes ago, RupertKBD said:

Knowing how many gullible fools support the clown, I would have been surprised if they hadn't.....

Still ugly AF, if you ask me....

Soooo....... you're saying you don't support products created in the USA and support products made in sweat shops in exploited third world countries?

• Haha 1