US Politics Thread

Sharpshooter

Just now, Ryan Strome said:

Yeah I'm interested to see how this plays out. I was reading this last night and apparently the funding was canceled for Ukraine yet He still signed it so the government wouldn't shut down and claims they were still have the funding. I'm confused.

I reckon there’s going to be a separate deal between the White House and Congress. There’s still enough funding for now but that will dry up soon. 

• Thanks 1

57 minutes ago, Sharpshooter said:

This is a good example of how politicians try to spin their narrative....

When she was interviewed by Kaitlan Collins a few weeks ago and asked a similar question, Mace said "If you had seen the evidence I have seen, you'd be shocked"....

I guess what she meant was that KC would be "shocked" at how little evidence there really is.....although, nobody should be shocked that the GQP is conducting an Impeachment Inquiry without evidence of Presidential wrongdoing....

• Cheers 2
  • Upvote 1

1 hour ago, RupertKBD said:

This is a good example of how politicians try to spin their narrative....

When she was interviewed by Kaitlan Collins a few weeks ago and asked a similar question, Mace said "If you had seen the evidence I have seen, you'd be shocked"....

I guess what she meant was that KC would be "shocked" at how little evidence there really is.....although, nobody should be shocked that the GQP is conducting an Impeachment Inquiry without evidence of Presidential wrongdoing....

And any "evidence" they do have is from when Biden wasn't even in politics.......he was a private citizen

• Cheers 1

According to several media outlets, House Republicans are trying to expel Matt Gaetz from the caucus:

https://www.msn.com/en-ca/news/politics/house-republicans-seek-to-expel-matt-gaetz-from-caucus-over-allegations-of-misconduct-amid-ethics-investigation/ar-AA1hxprt?ocid=hpmsn&cvid=310fbb3f1db24bc38a91b0c208f254c4&ei=108

As Florida Representative Matt Gaetz launches his rebellion against House Speaker Kevin McCarthy, there are increasing reports indicating that House Republicans are looking to remove Gaetz from their ranks altogether, RadarOnline.com has learned.

An unnamed House Republican revealed that the caucus wants Gaetz "gone," and they may use the findings from the ongoing Ethics Committee investigation into the far-right congressman to oust him.

According to the report from CNN, the ongoing Ethics Committee investigation into Gaetz is focused on allegations of sexual misconduct, illicit drug use, or other misconduct. Gaetz remains under scrutiny while the investigation continues.

In the event that he is not cleared of these allegations, there is a possibility he could face expulsion by his fellow House members who are eager to see him removed from office.

"We want him out," one member of the Republican caucus warned, referring to Gaetz.

Let this sink in a minute...

We're talking about a caucus that includes "Space Laser" MTG, "Handy" Boebert, "Lyin' / Flyin' Ted" Cruz, Andy Biggs and Paul Gosar (whose own family told people not to vote for him)

Somehow, Matt Gaetz has managed to out-scumbag them all.....

• Thanks 2
  • Cheers 1
  • Vintage 1

3 minutes ago, RupertKBD said:

According to several media outlets, House Republicans are trying to expel Matt Gaetz from the caucus:

https://www.msn.com/en-ca/news/politics/house-republicans-seek-to-expel-matt-gaetz-from-caucus-over-allegations-of-misconduct-amid-ethics-investigation/ar-AA1hxprt?ocid=hpmsn&cvid=310fbb3f1db24bc38a91b0c208f254c4&ei=108

Let this sink in a minute...

We're talking about a caucus that includes "Space Laser" MTG, "Handy" Boebert, "Lyin' / Flyin' Ted" Cruz, Andy Biggs and Paul Gosar (whose own family told people not to vote for him)

Somehow, Matt Gaetz has managed to out-scumbag them all.....

The only thing that's going to save the Repugs, and by extension tte country, is for moderate republicans (both politicians and voters) to start fighting back.......even if it means voting Dem or just staying home on ejection day.

• Cheers 2

When he appointed Padilla to fill Harris' vacancy, he said he would choose a black woman next time.  

https://www.cnbc.com/2023/10/02/gov-gavin-newsom-chooses-laphonza-butler-to-fill-dianne-feinsteins-senate-seat.html

California Gov. Gavin Newsom chooses Laphonza Butler to fill Dianne Feinstein’s Senate seat

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

18 minutes ago, The Colt 45s said:

As a US taxpayer, have we already helped enough?  Tired of driving through potholes in our streets, seeing people go hungry here, and drugs ravage our communities.

You do realize the US will need to fight Russia with troops in a NATO state if they don’t help Ukraine defeat Pootin now?  Did Obama’s do next to nothing strategy in 2014 work? Pootin will continue to spread his evil influence in other countries if allowed. He must be stopped in Ukraine. Even Mike Pence understands this. 
Hopefully the His Orangeness ends up in prison, so any chance of him becoming POTUS again is gone. It would be a grave mistake if the US voters elected him again. I still can’t see how any person could support that Orange Baby. 

12 hours ago, the destroyer of worlds said:

When he appointed Padilla to fill Harris' vacancy, he said he would choose a black woman next time.  

https://www.cnbc.com/2023/10/02/gov-gavin-newsom-chooses-laphonza-butler-to-fill-dianne-feinsteins-senate-seat.html

California Gov. Gavin Newsom chooses Laphonza Butler to fill Dianne Feinstein’s Senate seat

Pretty sure the name "Laphonza" alone would cause Republican heads to explode, so without reading the article or knowing a single thing about her, I'm going to say "good choice"....:classic_cool:

• Cheers 3

1 hour ago, The Colt 45s said:

As a US taxpayer, have we already helped enough?  Tired of driving through potholes in our streets, seeing people go hungry here, and drugs ravage our communities.

Serious question: Were any (or all) of those things happening before Putin invaded Ukraine?

• Upvote 1
  • ThereItIs 2

1 minute ago, Alflives said:

If it’s a civil case he loses money only, no? A criminal case for fraud would put him behind bars, where he belongs. 

Well, Allen Weisselberg did time for fraud on behalf of the Trump org, but for the most part, you're correct. This case could cost Bone Spurs and his spawn a shit ton of money, but it's unlikely he'll end up in jail over it.

• Thanks 1

17 minutes ago, Alflives said:

If it’s a civil case he loses money only, no? A criminal case for fraud would put him behind bars, where he belongs. 

The prosecution is seeking $250 million.  But TRUMP's ability to do business in New York is also on the line.  That part may be a fait accompli pending appeals.  A substantial part of TRUMP's businesses and his family's history is based in New York.  

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1