US Politics Thread

Sharpshooter

2 minutes ago, Sabrefan1 said:

Trump's money problems are about to be over it seems which makes the sneaker thing even stranger.  The guy has a gift for grift I suppose.

Trump Media's merger with DWAC gets regulatory nod. Trump could get a stake worth $4 billion.

https://www.cbsnews.com/news/trump-media-dwac-sec-approval-spac/

He really does have a deal with Satan, doesn't he?

• Haha 1
  • Cheers 2

5 minutes ago, Sabrefan1 said:

Trump's money problems are about to be over it seems which makes the sneaker thing even stranger.  The guy has a gift for grift I suppose.

Trump Media's merger with DWAC gets regulatory nod. Trump could get a stake worth $4 billion.

Amazing how he continues to fail upwards. Trump Media should have very little value...it is just his barely paid attention to social media site... ridiculous. 

• chaos 1

Just now, Sabrefan1 said:

Some people are just born lucky I suppose. 

He better dump that stock as soon as he can.  Media isn't doing so well lately.

It's just bizarre to watch from the outside. 

I'm more convinced than ever he's going to win again.

• chaos 1

1 minute ago, Gnarcore said:

Amazing how he continues to fail upwards. Trump Media should have very little value...it is just his barely paid attention to social media site... ridiculous. 

I was definitely suprised when I ran across the article.  Media is at an all time low right now.  Mass layoffs are happening left, right, and center.

Just now, Sabrefan1 said:

Unless people get Trump fatigue by November and don't bother going to the polls, that's also my guess.

2 minutes ago, Bob Long said:

It's just bizarre to watch from the outside. 

I'm more convinced than ever he's going to win again.

November is a long ways away. Maybe he dies? 😄

• Haha 1
  • Cheers 2
  • chaos 1

Just now, Gnarcore said:

November is a long ways away. Maybe he dies? 😄

Both candidates are elderly. 

It's not likely, but it's also not out of the realm of possibility that come November, it will be Kamala Harris vs. Nikki Haley for the presidency.

• Cheers 2

2 hours ago, RupertKBD said:

Apparently "Truckers for Trump" are planning on boycotting deliveries to NYC...

https://www.yahoo.com/entertainment/maga-truckers-plan-boycott-york-131512159.html?guccounter=1&guce_referrer=aHR0cHM6Ly93d3cuZ29vZ2xlLmNvbS8&guce_referrer_sig=AQAAAIxKhMs0iN7lECjwk893KOj2M5YciOjrRlr_WZ3t1pAyqtduLsNIjGhNZTkoXaa0s7dsiBMmBPzWkj094PR736qU4dDu6YjX8verhxNgfBNxFjmENrIeqAgySYACduFGnAOoICus1F9z3hQmtvotYpd0qVwAtq0fpmF7L7sf5KEw

For some context here, as far as I can tell, this story started off as a DailyMail piece, which is probably less reliable than Faux News. Several other outlets are reporting on it, but they all seem to be citing the DailyMail article as their source.

It could be that they've just latched on to this tweet and run with it, trying to make it into a "movement", when it's really just an isolated thing....

One thing I will say however, is the FAFO line quoted by this trucker works both ways....I've never read the Teamsters collective agreement, but I'd be surprised if refusing to deliver a load isn't grounds for dismissal....and If I were his employer, that would be my immediate response.....

The only thing this is going to affect are the paychecks of independent truckers who refuse the load.  A lot of truckers are not fully independent, and wont really be able to refuse loads.  

So ya, the number of truckers who will actually participate is going to be very small.

• Thanks 1

2 hours ago, the destroyer of worlds said:

2 hours ago, The Arrogant Worms said:

I would never smoke weed with any of those milquetoast MF'ers. 

Edited by Rob Eh

4 hours ago, Sabrefan1 said:

I was actually following this stock. Went from $12 to $40 in just a few weeks. Didn’t bother to jump in. I remember when it went from $1 to $9 in just a couple of days. Know a few people that made alot of money on it at that time. 

That $4 billion valuation is based on Thursday’s close price. The price of the stock could double moving forward. Bone Spurs will own 69% of the company or 79 million shares. If the stock hits $100 per share in the coming months his value in the company could hit $8 billion. 

5 hours ago, Sabrefan1 said:

I was definitely suprised when I ran across the article.  Media is at an all time low right now.  Mass layoffs are happening left, right, and center.

My question would be where the revenue of 3.4 billion for Truth Social would have come from? If it doesn't say anywhere, I bet there's something fishy with that... actually, I can almost guarantee something's fishy with that.

Remember, this is a man who's desperate and will do anything, doesn't care if it's illegal, to get back in power to save his butt from the criminal charges.

Edited by The Lock
  • Cheers 2

9 minutes ago, Elias Pettersson said:

I was actually following this stock. Went from $12 to $40 in just a few weeks. Didn’t bother to jump in. I remember when it went from $1 to $9 in just a couple of days. Know a few people that made alot of money on it at that time. 

That $4 billion valuation is based on Thursday’s close price. The price of the stock could double moving forward. Bone Spurs will own 69% of the company or 79 million shares. If the stock hits $100 per share in the coming months his value in the company could hit $8 billion. 

I'd still dump it as fast as the SEC would let me if I were Trump. 

Media scares me and is too volatile these days.  I'm keeping my money far away from it.  In my 20's and 30's I took those chances but not anymore these days.

I'm still wondering if I should get any deeper in a biotech stock I bought just before it dropped a while back.  I have hopes that they're going to finally get their act together and properly present their treatment to the FDA.

8 hours ago, Sabrefan1 said:

Did Trump own any equity in that hotel or did he just license his brand?  Was his brand in Vancouver bad even before he got into politics?

If he just licensed his brand, there isn't much he could do about how it was run, although he should have vetted the people he was collecting from. 

If he had a stake in the hotel then he could have directly intervened.

My cousin used to work for Holburn Properties, the developer of the building. He was the lead project manager on site during the development. As far as I was told Bone Spurs didn’t own any part of the hotel. It was strictly a licensing deal to put his name on the hotel. It was agreed to well before he became President. Ivanka even had a spa there  in her name. 

They had a great club inside the hotel. It was the best one in downtown Vancouver for awhile. Me and my buddies used to go there often. Lots of hot women there. Those were the good old days. 

The actual tower itself kinda sucks. Awkward floor plans and the finishings aren’t great. The condos in that building don’t really sell well. Holburn Properties is a Malaysian developer with a pretty shitty reputation in Vancouver. 

There is a popular up and comer in the UFC, Ian Garry. He has a controversial lifestyle. The type that gets under the skin of some of the MAGA's.

Anyway, Trump has been going to UFC shows and getting attention. He supports Colby Covington ( Full MAGA) and Sean Strickland,  the angry dude that ran his mouth about Canada recently.

Thought some of you might enjoy some of the attention Trump and MAGA has gotten from Ian Garry.

Maybe I enjoy it a bit extra cause of the accent.

• Cheers 1

6 minutes ago, The Lock said:

My question would be where the revenue of 3.4 billion for Truth Social would have come from? If it doesn't say anywhere, I bet there's something fishy with that... actually, I can almost guarantee something's fishy with that.

Remember, this is a man who's desperate and will do anything, doesn't care if it's illegal, to get back in power to save his butt from the criminal charges.

The other side has done it's due diligence.  If they accept that Truth is worth billions, that's on them.

2 minutes ago, Sabrefan1 said:

I'd still dump it as fast as the SEC would let me if I were Trump. 

Media scares me and is too volatile these days.  I'm keeping my money far away from it.  In my 20's and 30's I took those chances but not anymore these days.

I'm still wondering if I should get any deeper in a biotech stock I bought just before it dropped a while back.  I have hopes that they're going to finally get their act together and properly present their treatment to the FDA.

If Bone Spurs becomes President again I could see that stick hitting $100. The company doesn’t generate much revenue though, so it’s all speculation at this point. On the flip side, if Bone Spurs goes to jail it could go to zero. The time to have made money on it has already passed IMO.