US Politics Thread

Sharpshooter

1 minute ago, Elias Pettersson said:

My cousin used to work for Holburn Properties, the developer of the building. He was the lead project manager on site during the development. As far as I was told Bone Spurs didn’t own any part of the hotel. It was strictly a licensing deal to put his name on the hotel. It was agreed to well before he became President. Ivanka even had a spa there  in her name. 

They had a great club inside the hotel. It was the best one in downtown Vancouver for awhile. Me and my buddies used to go there often. Lots of hot women there. Those were the good old days. 

The actual tower itself kinda sucks. Awkward floor plans and the finishings aren’t great. The condos in that building don’t really sell well. Holburn Properties is a Malaysian developer with a pretty shitty reputation in Vancouver. 

They must have wasted a good chunk of change in that licensing deal then since they had to take his name down after it became tarnished.

Just now, Elias Pettersson said:

If Bone Spurs becomes President again I could see that stick hitting $100. The company doesn’t generate much revenue though, so it’s all speculation at this point. On the flip side, if Bone Spurs goes to jail it could go to zero. The time to have made money on it has already passed IMO. 

I agree. 

If he becomes president, the SEC would also be likely to let him dump his stock all at once to avoid conflict of interest.  If he's wise, he dumps that stock as soon as he can for as much as he can.

• Cheers 1

3 minutes ago, Sabrefan1 said:

They must have wasted a good chunk of change in that licensing deal then since they had to take his name down after it became tarnished.

The hotel closed after COVID hit. They laid off everyone. It then got rebranded and reopened in 2022 under the name Paradox. The developer made millions selling the condos at over $2000 per foot. So they probably did okay even with the hotel closure. 

• Cheers 1

5 minutes ago, Sabrefan1 said:

I agree. 

If he becomes president, the SEC would also be likely to let him dump his stock all at once to avoid conflict of interest.  If he's wise, he dumps that stock as soon as he can for as much as he can.

I’m sure he’ll sell some shares now to raise funds to pay his legal costs. And to get enough liquid cash to appeal his civil claims in New York. According to Kevin O’Leary, Bone Spurs should win his appeal for the $350 million. From what I understand of the case, I actually think O’Leary is correct. Not sure how they will be able to collect $350 million from Bone Spurs when there wasn’t actually a victim in the case and the banks all testified in Trump’s favour. 

The criminal trials are where Bone Spurs has to be worried. There’s a greater chance he goes to jail versus having to pay the $350 million. 

6 minutes ago, Elias Pettersson said:

I’m sure he’ll sell some shares now to raise funds to pay his legal costs. And to get enough liquid cash to appeal his civil claims in New York. According to Kevin O’Leary, Bone Spurs should win his appeal for the $350 million. From what I understand of the case, I actually think O’Leary is correct. Not sure how they will be able to collect $350 million from Bone Spurs when there wasn’t actually a victim in the case and the banks all testified in Trump’s favour.

He'll get a lot of these judgements against him reduced by quite a bit.  Some of them are insane with the amounts that were levied.

If he needs fast cash, he can borrow against his shares once he gets them post merger.  The banks may not like him, but they won't turn down collateral backed loans.

Like I said though, I'd dump them for cash asap.  Once you borrow against them, you're stuck with them until you free them up.

• Cheers 2

35 minutes ago, Elias Pettersson said:

They had a great club inside the hotel. It was the best one in downtown Vancouver for awhile. Me and my buddies used to go there often. Lots of hot women there. Those were the good old days. 

Best in Vancouver...Didn't Drai's only last one year?

good old days? It was like 2018..

Are you young? I thought you were in your 40's...

6 hours ago, Sabrefan1 said:

Trump's money problems are about to be over it seems which makes the sneaker thing even stranger.  The guy has a gift for grift I suppose.

Trump Media's merger with DWAC gets regulatory nod. Trump could get a stake worth $4 billion.

https://www.cbsnews.com/news/trump-media-dwac-sec-approval-spac/

This guy really has a  yuugeee horseshoe up his keister.

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, Elias Pettersson said:

I was actually following this stock. Went from $12 to $40 in just a few weeks. Didn’t bother to jump in. I remember when it went from $1 to $9 in just a couple of days. Know a few people that made alot of money on it at that time. 

That $4 billion valuation is based on Thursday’s close price. The price of the stock could double moving forward. Bone Spurs will own 69% of the company or 79 million shares. If the stock hits $100 per share in the coming months his value in the company could hit $8 billion. 

Or it’s just a pump and dump playing out in front of our eyes I see a future episode or two of American Greed in our near future. 

• Cheers 1

45 minutes ago, bishopshodan said:

Best in Vancouver...Didn't Drai's only last one year?

good old days? It was like 2018..

Are you young? I thought you were in your 40's...

I’m pretty sure it was there for more than a year.  I could be wrong though.  If it was only a year, what a year it was!!  I think it was a pretty big gang hangout too.  Yes, good old days, I haven’t really gone out much since then.  I stopped the actual nightclub scene a long time ago and stopped drinking a long time ago as well.  Drai’s was a nice in between of a lounge and a club.  I never drank at Drai’s, which means I always ended up driving and getting the best looking girls…   😊

2 hours ago, Elias Pettersson said:

The criminal trials are where Bone Spurs has to be worried. There’s a greater chance he goes to jail versus having to pay the $350 million. 

Here's the thing about appeals. 

He needs to post a bond for over the value of the judgment.   

Appeals are not where cases are retried.  New evidence isn't typically admitted.  They are strictly for determining if there were errors in the trial.  As far as I can tell, that really isn't the case.  

• Thanks 1

3 hours ago, Sabrefan1 said:

The other side has done it's due diligence.  If they accept that Truth is worth billions, that's on them.

The other side was created back in 2021 for the sole purpose of buying out Truth Social and has literally been on trial for fraud last year.

You really think "due diligence" is going to be at play here?

Here's actually a rather long and interesting article related to all of this and the investigations that have been going on surrounding the merger: https://www.washingtonpost.com/technology/2024/02/03/trump-social-dwac-investigation/

Edited by The Lock
  • Cheers 1

1 hour ago, The Lock said:

The other side was created back in 2021 for the sole purpose of buying out Truth Social and has literally been on trial for fraud last year.

You really think "due diligence" is going to be at play here?

Here's actually a rather long and interesting article related to all of this and the investigations that have been going on surrounding the merger: https://www.washingtonpost.com/technology/2024/02/03/trump-social-dwac-investigation/

The SEC has approved the merger already.  That is game, set, match.  Now that the SEC has put their stamp of approval on it, it goes to shareholders to vote on. 

You do understand that means that the US government has now cleared them of any and all investigations including anything WaPo has written about. 

Everyone involved in this deal may be a crook, but that isn't stopping the merger from going through.

Yes, I think due diligence was at play.  Nobody is going to hand anyone else billions of dollars in assets without a plan for a return on their investment. 

Personally, I think that the stock is going to drop like a rock and Trump should sell his stake in that business as quickly as he legally can, but that's another matter entirely.

14 hours ago, The Lock said:

My question would be where the revenue of 3.4 billion for Truth Social would have come from? If it doesn't say anywhere, I bet there's something fishy with that... actually, I can almost guarantee something's fishy with that.

Remember, this is a man who's desperate and will do anything, doesn't care if it's illegal, to get back in power to save his butt from the criminal charges.

Putin. 

13 hours ago, Elias Pettersson said:

The hotel closed after COVID hit. They laid off everyone. It then got rebranded and reopened in 2022 under the name Paradox. The developer made millions selling the condos at over $2000 per foot. So they probably did okay even with the hotel closure. 

Oh the developer probably did fine. The buyers of the suites, however, not so much other than the increase in property value.  

9 hours ago, the destroyer of worlds said:

That guys a fucking phoney, his brother was the head of Wallsteet when it crashed in 2008. He isn't a Stewart, he's Leibowitz, he hates white people and takes as Irish/Scotish name, what a fake bitch.

2 minutes ago, Rob Eh said:

That guys a fucking phoney, his brother was the head of Wallsteet when it crashed in 2008. He isn't a Stewart, he's Leibowitz, he hates white people and takes as Irish/Scotish name, what a fake bitch.

he changed his name because of a bad relationship with his dad, but sure fire off the outrage. 

• Cheers 1
  • Upvote 1

6 minutes ago, Bob Long said:

he changed his name because of a bad relationship with his dad, but sure fire off the outrage. 

Anyone-ever, see Rob say anything, about Drumpf's family name change?

Maybe it's something about the name  Leibowitz,?

• Cheers 2
  • Upvote 1

28 minutes ago, Rob Eh said:

I'd call you out for always attacking the person, never the content, but I'd say there are other posters to the left of you that do the same thing, so it'd be unfair of me to call you out for arguing in bad faith and not them.

1 hour ago, Bob Long said:

Saw this last night, hilarious.

Interesting start to his show tho, seems a lot of left side talking heads were very upset with Stewart for pointing out both Biden and Trump are old.

Some on this board were the same up until recently.  Now the age related deficiencies are just too obvious to ignore or explain away.  Most people here now seem to wish there was another, preferably younger, choice.

As for how politics are in the Western world now, I've said it before and I'll say it again, if you aren't in lockstep with everyone else, you are an "other" or a "them".  You are to be shouted down and ridiculed into silence or obedience.  That is the state of modern western democracies these days.

• Cheers 3
  • MillerTime 1

17 minutes ago, Duodenum said:

I'd call you out for always attacking the person, never the content, but I'd say there are other posters to the left of you that do the same thing, so it'd be unfair of me to call you out for arguing in bad faith and not them.

hqdefault.jpg

• Haha 2