US Politics Thread

Sharpshooter

22 minutes ago, Satchmo said:

Trump + Tulsi Gabbard would not care if the world burns as long as they could profit from it.

Yep....it would only be a matter of time before Trump Fire Extinguishers hit the market.....

• Haha 1

Seems like the Twits and Memes crowd has conveniently forgotten about James Comey publicly re-opening the Hillary Email investigation less than 2 weeks before the 2016 election....

Of course it was a nothingburger (again) but it put Fat Boy in the Oval Office.

But tell us again, how Democrats get all the breaks from the FBI, Trumpkins....:classic_rolleyes:

• Cheers 1
  • Upvote 1

31 minutes ago, RupertKBD said:

Seems like the Twits and Memes crowd has conveniently forgotten about James Comey publicly re-opening the Hillary Email investigation less than 2 weeks before the 2016 election....

Of course it was a nothingburger (again) but it put Fat Boy in the Oval Office.

But tell us again, how Democrats get all the breaks from the FBI, Trumpkins....:classic_rolleyes:

He should tell us again who is the Director of the FBI.  He should give us a list of DEMOCRATS who have been Director of the FBI.

He probably won't, so here is my list for the second question:

• Cheers 2
  • Vintage 1

He is a stable genius........

'Faucet! Dishwasher! Water! Bad!': Trump ruthlessly mocked for town hall rant

https://www.rawstory.com/trump-rant-mocked/

Former President Donald Trump went into a rant about dishwashers at his Fox News town hall with Laura Ingraham on Tuesday evening — the latest in a long string of times he has complained about the low water pressure on newer, energy-saving fixtures and appliances.

"They come out with faucets where no water comes out," said Trump. "You know, if you go and buy a home, and they know what I mean, the showers, you stand under a shower and there's no water coming, and you end up standing there five times longer ... so in Ohio, you have this great company that came to me, a dishwasher company, one of the biggest and finest companies, but they were going out of business. They said, we're not allowed to use water."

Confused commentators on social media reacted on X with laughter and amazement at what the Republican frontrunner was choosing to treat as a policy issue.

"Trump: 'Faucet! Dishwasher! Water! Bad!'" mocked Annabelle Higgins.

"If your grandfather talked like Trump, you wouldn’t let him use the remote control unsupervised," said comedian Jay Black.

"Dishwashers and windmills: The Donald Trump Story," posted former sports reporter Robert Lusetich.

"Can he EVER tell a true story? No water?" wrote the account "Ginger Spice." "Jesus."

"We’re not allowed to use water," posted the account "Purple People Eater." "Dry cleaning dishwashers were not on my bingo card."

"'You stand under a shower and there’s no water coming.' Not like the golden showers that Trump prefers," wrote James Wooten. "At least, those are reliable. And warm."

Edited by The Arrogant Worms
  • Cheers 1

43 minutes ago, The Arrogant Worms said:

He is a stable genius........

'Faucet! Dishwasher! Water! Bad!': Trump ruthlessly mocked for town hall rant

https://www.rawstory.com/trump-rant-mocked/

Former President Donald Trump went into a rant about dishwashers at his Fox News town hall with Laura Ingraham on Tuesday evening — the latest in a long string of times he has complained about the low water pressure on newer, energy-saving fixtures and appliances.

"They come out with faucets where no water comes out," said Trump. "You know, if you go and buy a home, and they know what I mean, the showers, you stand under a shower and there's no water coming, and you end up standing there five times longer ... so in Ohio, you have this great company that came to me, a dishwasher company, one of the biggest and finest companies, but they were going out of business. They said, we're not allowed to use water."

Confused commentators on social media reacted on X with laughter and amazement at what the Republican frontrunner was choosing to treat as a policy issue.

"Trump: 'Faucet! Dishwasher! Water! Bad!'" mocked Annabelle Higgins.

"If your grandfather talked like Trump, you wouldn’t let him use the remote control unsupervised," said comedian Jay Black.

"Dishwashers and windmills: The Donald Trump Story," posted former sports reporter Robert Lusetich.

"Can he EVER tell a true story? No water?" wrote the account "Ginger Spice." "Jesus."

"We’re not allowed to use water," posted the account "Purple People Eater." "Dry cleaning dishwashers were not on my bingo card."

"'You stand under a shower and there’s no water coming.' Not like the golden showers that Trump prefers," wrote James Wooten. "At least, those are reliable. And warm."

That probably does happen...in Trump development properties....

• Haha 2

41 minutes ago, The Arrogant Worms said:

Speaker Johnson Reportedly Gave ‘Horrible’ Talk at GOP Meeting, Made Attendees Feel Like They Were ‘At Church’

https://www.mediaite.com/politics/speaker-johnson-reportedly-gave-horrible-talk-at-gop-meeting-made-attendees-feel-like-they-were-at-church/

Believing in an invisible sky daddy should disqualify you from making decision for other people because clearly you will buy anything...but hey that just my opinion. 

Reminds me to suggest...watch 'The Family' on Netflix. About a secret buncha happy clappers with way too much political influence. 

• Confused 1
  • Cheers 1

11 minutes ago, Gnarcore said:

Believing in an invisible sky daddy should disqualify you from making decision for other people because clearly you will buy anything...but hey that just my opinion. 

Reminds me to suggest...watch 'The Family' on Netflix. About a secret buncha happy clappers with way too much political influence. 

Religion doesn't belong in politics, but to suggest people should be barred from holding office on the basis of their religious beliefs is asinine.

• MillerTime 1

1 minute ago, 112 said:

Religion doesn't belong in politics, but to suggest people should be barred from holding office on the basis of their religious beliefs is asinine.

Well I'd agree but they can't seem to keep their religion out of it so I am done with em. 

• Upvote 1

2 minutes ago, Gnarcore said:

Well I'd agree but they can't seem to keep their religion out of it so I am done with em. 

Fair, but someone democratically elected to serve in office shouldn't be thrown out just because they believe in God. I agree that religion is too far entrenched in politics and consider it a problem, but an absolute barring of anyone holding religious beliefs from holding office isn't right nor feasible.

1 minute ago, The Arrogant Worms said:

I think he is saying that policy should not be set on one's religious beliefs which is definable not the case in the US Republicans.

This makes more sense and I agree it's a problem for the party - and the courts in some ways.

• Cheers 1

6 minutes ago, The Arrogant Worms said:

I think he is saying that policy should not be set on one's religious beliefs which is definable not the case in the US Republicans.

Should have been a bit more specific.  I am saying that if you demonstrate a belief in God that is abnormal beyond the norm you should be banned from holding office. Your average run of the mill believer is one thing. The weird sects like those that take the bible literal..that should be enough for disqualification. Oh the world is 5000 years old? Banned! 

I'd have the extremes of the muslim and Jewish faiths too just to be fair 😉

Edited by Gnarcore
  • Vintage 1

2 minutes ago, Gnarcore said:

Should have been a bit more specific.  I am saying that if you demonstrate a belief in God that is abnormal beyond the norm you should be banned from holding office. Your average run of the mill believer is one thing. The weird sects like those that take the bible literal..that should be enough for disqualification. Oh the world is 5000 years old? Banned! 

I'd have the extremes of the muslim and Jewish faiths too just to be fair 😉

Freedom of religion needs to include freedom from religion.  People are free to follow their religious beliefs, but when they try to legislate them, that's not ok.

• Cheers 2
  • Vintage 1