US Politics Thread

Sharpshooter

22 minutes ago, the destroyer of worlds said:

Well, I'm guessing you have a connection with Texas.  Republicans largely voted against increasing infrastructure spending at the Federal level.  And like here in BC, potholes are at best a state level responsibility.  At worst, a municipal responsibility.  Tired of potholes, then look to the names DOWNBALLOT.

Abbott has threatened publicly to turn down down federal funding from Biden & the bipartisan infrastructure bill because of “conditions.” If you don’t like potholes make sure your state accepts and uses the money for what it was intended.

A list of the $53B earmarked for Texas -

IMG_9624.jpeg

• Thanks 1
  • Cheers 1
  • Vintage 2

16 minutes ago, 4petesake said:

Abbott has threatened publicly to turn down down federal funding from Biden & the bipartisan infrastructure bill because of “conditions.” If you don’t like potholes make sure your state accepts and uses the money for what it was intended.

A list of the $53B earmarked for Texas -

IMG_9624.jpeg

Yup.

And that Federal money will go somewhere else and Texas taxpayers will have to spend their own tax dollars for a bunch of those.  So many bridges in the US (roughly 7.5 %) are Structurally deficient.  Texas has a few that see over 100,000 average daily travel.  (man there are a lot in Cali)  https://artbabridgereport.org/state/ranking/top-bridges

• Thanks 1
  • Vintage 1

Because of course he did

Trump told reporters outside the courtroom before the day's proceedings began that the case was a "scam," a "sham" and a political vendetta by James, calling the Democrat "a corrupt person, a terrible person. Driving people out of New York."

Trump kept up his verbal attacks on the judge. Trump accused Justice Arthur Engoron of being a partisan Democrat who is using the case to interfere with the 2024 presidential election, where Trump is the frontrunner for the Republican nomination.

"This is a judge that should be disbarred," Trump said to reporters during Monday's lunch break. "This is a judge that should be out of office."

• Haha 1

2 minutes ago, Rob Eh said:

I'm endorsing RFK jr, not Trump but this is an excellent song. Even if you don't like Trump, if this song doesn't make you cry, you aren't human. 

What the absolute f**k bud

What kind of human being are you to endorse this stuff and claim it makes you emotional and think this is excellent?

I hope crowder didn't gag when that mushroom tip touched his uvula because this is just a weird friggin mess of bullsh** and honestly, wtf 

Screenshot 2023-10-02 at 2.04.47 PM.png

• Thanks 1
  • Cheers 1

Just now, Cerridwen said:

It ^^^^ makes me puke. Feel free to call me inhuman. When it's near impossible to get through the opening frames w/o throwing up on your shoes, it's unhealthy.

If this makes a person emotional and wanting to cry.  With it's absolutely weird and kind of sycophantic uplifting worship of a lying piece of crap and the success he had in trolling people and dehumanzing other marginalized communities you absolutely know what kind of person you are dealing with.

At least they don't need to wear a sign that says I'm a bigot, they'll be humming this crap

• Thanks 1
  • Upvote 1

1 minute ago, Warhippy said:

What the absolute f**k bud

What kind of human being are you to endorse this stuff and claim it makes you emotional and think this is excellent?

I hope crowder didn't gag when that mushroom tip touched his uvula because this is just a weird friggin mess of bullsh** and honestly, wtf 

Screenshot 2023-10-02 at 2.04.47 PM.png

That part is f**ked up, i admit but as far as melodies, harmonies and music timing goes, the song is great. Just listen to the harmonies.

• Sad 1

3 minutes ago, Rob Eh said:

That part is f**ked up, i admit but as far as melodies, harmonies and music timing goes, the song is great. Just listen to the harmonies.

Ok.

I work hand i hand with numerous audio managers and sound engineers.  This is about as basic and childish as it comes.  Honestly there are 9 year olds on youtube with midi drivers creating better stuff than this wiping their arses.  

This is the worst kind of pandering and it sure managed to hit its mark with the people trump likes to target.

Honestly.  It's just sad, it's actually more than that it's pathetic and the fact you can post this and say it makes you emotional is n indictment not something to be proud of.  Like, posting this as a good thing while it's a video cheering about trolling *trannies queers crying leftists and the media* is fucking gross and shows us who the hell you really are.

There is no level of discourse here anymore.  You can champion or cheer for a party but when you get so happy and emotional that this makes you weep it's really just a sad statement about you as a person

• Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, Satchmo said:

Nobody else saw that song as a parody? I did, and then I Goggled Randy Rainbow.  He's a political Weird Al.  45 Trump mocking songs (so far).

Hmm

Steven Crowder is about as awful as it gets.  But then I guess I don't find mocking or calling minorities or marginalized groups or slurs as funny or a parody

Louder With Crowder is a podcast hosted by conservative political commentator and comedian Steven Crowder. The show focused on news, entertainment and politics, and is branded as “the most politically incorrect show on the web.” The show ended in January 2023. Crowder was a contributor on Fox News from 2009 to 2013; in 2017 “Louder with Crowder” debuted on CRTV until December 2022. He has posted political commentary on his YouTube channel since 2009, although the account has been suspended occasionally for violating YouTube policies.

• Thanks 2

6 minutes ago, Warhippy said:

Hmm

Steven Crowder is about as awful as it gets.  But then I guess I don't find mocking or calling minorities or marginalized groups or slurs as funny or a parody

Louder With Crowder is a podcast hosted by conservative political commentator and comedian Steven Crowder. The show focused on news, entertainment and politics, and is branded as “the most politically incorrect show on the web.” The show ended in January 2023. Crowder was a contributor on Fox News from 2009 to 2013; in 2017 “Louder with Crowder” debuted on CRTV until December 2022. He has posted political commentary on his YouTube channel since 2009, although the account has been suspended occasionally for violating YouTube policies.

Never heard of Crowder though he sounds like a slug.   I think his image is just there as part of Randy Rainbow's joke.  Not saying it's a great joke, or brilliant parody, but I still think it's satirical.  

15 minutes ago, Satchmo said:

Never heard of Crowder though he sounds like a slug.   I think his image is just there as part of Randy Rainbow's joke.  Not saying it's a great joke, or brilliant parody, but I still think it's satirical.  

I repeat:  

But then I guess I don't find mocking or calling minorities or marginalized groups slurs as funny or a parody

Edited by Warhippy
  • Thanks 1

6 minutes ago, Ryan Strome said:

Are Christians a minority cuz I know you've made lots of slurs towards Christians. Just saying

Christians are not a minority and they are not a marginalized group in society. You know better.  Your beliefs are your beliefs.  The moment you shove them on me or use them to justify a position of intolerance there's an issue.

You're looking for an argument mate and I aint giving you one.  If you decide that somehow someway that mocking people based on their race, orientation or who they love is ok and acceptable fine.  That's on you.  But that is an indictment, not a badge of honour

11 minutes ago, Warhippy said:

I repeat:  

But then I guess I don't find mocking or calling minorities or marginalized groups slurs as funny or a parody

I agree cruel words were used, and ones I don't find very funny.  But I stand by my opinion that it is satire.

But, I'll stop now regardless of where this goes.   Not worth fussing over. 

1 hour ago, Rob Eh said:

I'm endorsing RFK jr, not Trump but this is an excellent song. Even if you don't like Trump, if this song doesn't make you cry, you aren't human. 

Absolutely despicable garbage....

Sounded like someone asked ChatGPT, "what if the TV show Glee was based on a Bible Camp in Selma"?

• Thanks 3

7 minutes ago, Warhippy said:

Christians are not a minority and they are not a marginalized group in society. You know better.  Your beliefs are your beliefs.  The moment you shove them on me or use them to justify a position of intolerance there's an issue.

You're looking for an argument mate and I aint giving you one.  If you decide that somehow someway that mocking people based on their race, orientation or who they love is ok and acceptable fine.  That's on you.  But that is an indictment, not a badge of honour

I'm not doing that at all brother. I'm just pointing out that I've seen you attack Christians on many of occasions.

All that video shows is that it's not so much support of Trump, rather it's trolling the left that gives some people boners.

It's a group of trolly nincompoops that suckle at the teets of the Chowders in the world.

• Vintage 1