US Politics Thread

Sharpshooter

2 minutes ago, Bob Long said:

And yet: https://projects.fivethirtyeight.com/polls/president-general/

I'm not as confident, I do hope that you are correct.

Half of that is Americans are still not coming to terms with the reality it is Biden v Trump again and you have Trump's base way more enthusiastic than Biden's. 

Overwhelming amount of Americans want someone besides those two hence the issues. Trump will lose to anyone but Biden and Biden will lose to anyone but Trump. 

• Cheers 2
  • Vintage 1

4 hours ago, 24K said:

Half of that is Americans are still not coming to terms with the reality it is Biden v Trump again and you have Trump's base way more enthusiastic than Biden's. 

Overwhelming amount of Americans want someone besides those two hence the issues. Trump will lose to anyone but Biden and Biden will lose to anyone but Trump. 

Biden doesn’t even know he’s alive. Even the Italians are mocking him. They will do the switcheroo in 3-4 months. Biden won’t even make it to the DNC convention. 

4 minutes ago, Elias Pettersson said:

Biden doesn’t even know he’s alive. Even the Italians are mocking him. They will do the switcheroo in 3-4 months. Biden won’t even make it to the DNC convention. 

lol.  I already posted a clip where Dotard's allies (Poutine's Empire) are mocking him.  Sleepy Joe is old as dirt.  What's Dotard's excuse?  Too many Baconators between his raping of women?

Edited by NewbieCanuckFan

11 hours ago, Boudrias said:

IMHO Halley is a fading hope. Frankly I was surprised at Trump’s numbers in SC. There must be some fierce discussion going on in DNC circles over their ticket. Perhaps there is still hope for a centrist ticket of DNC & GOP supporters based on national security and economic priorities. Doesn’t appear Halley would support that. Negotiating such a coalition would take a lot of time so also wishful thinking. 

If the Trump/Biden showdown is to be avoided the most likely scenario would be Biden stepping aside. Would whoever is pulling Biden’s strings be prepared to let go? Can their control transfer to Harris if she became POTUS? Harris is an insider now so maybe that works. 

Trump will likely win if he goes against Biden. Many of his supporters like his positions on border security and making the Euros pay more for Ukraine. I can agree with these concerns. But, at the end of the day the USA has to support Ukraine and playing politics over that support will cost thousands of lives and undermine USA credibility internationally. The spin-off concerns globally could truly hurt the USA and world stability. I don’t trust Trump to not screw it up. American isolationism is real and did not start with Trump. Quite often isolationism perks when the USA experiences internal financial stress. IMHO that is happening now and both the GOP and DNC are playing politics with the issues. 

Canadians are far too disconnected about our American cousins. When financial pressure hits them it is often Canada that gets shafted. Both the GOP and the DNC sacrifice trade relations at these times. Of the two I worry about Trump more as he has no real affinity for Canada. Canada has off loaded our domestic security cost on the USA and it is resented. Those days are ending. Trump could throw Canada into years of recession. Canada will have very limited ability to combat this and government spending will decrease as a result. The default practice by Canadian politicians is to deficit spend to maintain the status quo. Easy out for them but again likely going to end. 

The answer to that question is yes. Barack Obama and his advisors are the string pullers for Biden. The Obama’s live only two miles from the White House. So they are close by to make sure everything is running smoothly. 

https://www.cnbc.com/amp/2017/06/02/photos-of-the-obamas-8-point-1-million-washington-d-c-house.html

Barack apparently is already starting Michelle’s campaign. Raising money with donors. In 3-4 months they will do the swicheroo IMO. By August Michelle Obama will be the nominee for the Democrats. 

There is no way we are going to have two 80 year olds with dementia running for President at the same time. 

Edited by Elias Pettersson
  • Cheers 1

8 minutes ago, Elias Pettersson said:

The answer to that question is yes. Barack Obama and his advisors are the string pullers for Biden. The Obama’s live only two miles from the White House. So they are close by to make sure everything is running smoothly. 

https://www.cnbc.com/amp/2017/06/02/photos-of-the-obamas-8-point-1-million-washington-d-c-house.html

Barack apparently is already starting Michelle’s campaign. Raising money with donors. In 3-4 months they will do the swicheroo IMO. By August Michelle Obama will be the nominee for the Democrats. 

There is no way we are going to have two 80 year olds with dementia running for President at the same time. 

Where do you get this stuff from?

• Haha 1
  • Cheers 1

Trump thinks that his indictments and gaudy sneakers are driving more black people to support him.

I guess he should have added his love for fried chicken, watermelon and menthols as well.

You really have to be self loathing to support and vote for him.

• Thanks 1
  • Cheers 1
  • Vintage 1

1 minute ago, Elias Pettersson said:

It’s all speculation on my part.  But makes more sense than to believe an 81 year old man with dementia is actually running the country. 

My mistake for not realizing that I guess.   It just sounded like all your other factual posts.

• Haha 1
  • Vintage 1
  • ThereItIs 1

7 minutes ago, Satchmo said:

My mistake for not realizing that I guess.   It just sounded like all your other factual posts.

There is nothing factual in off topic.  Only media sources that one deems more reliable than others.  For example, there are many many posts in this thread that come from raw story.com and from some dude on Twitter named Ron Filipkowski.  Have you confirmed that these “sources” are legit or do you just go with the flow on them?  I’ve never heard of these particular sources for information so that is why I am specifically bringing them up.  

Having said that they are probably just as reliable as Fox News and CNN…

Edited by Elias Pettersson
  • Cheers 2

4 minutes ago, Elias Pettersson said:

There is nothing factual in off topic.  Only media sources that one deems more reliable than others.  For example, there are many many posts in this thread that come from raw story.com and from some dude on Twitter named Ron Filipkowski.  Have you confirmed that these “sources” are legit or do you just go with the flow on them?  I’ve never heard of these particular sources for information so that is why I am specifically bringing them up.  

I thought we were talking about your speculation.

I tend to check most sources if I'm curious.   That's why I checked yours.

7 minutes ago, Elias Pettersson said:

There is nothing factual in off topic.  Only media sources that one deems more reliable than others.  For example, there are many many posts in this thread that come from raw story.com and from some dude on Twitter named Ron Filipkowski.  Have you confirmed that these “sources” are legit or do you just go with the flow on them?  Infer heard of these particular sources for information so that is why I am specifically bringing them up.  

Ron Filipkowski is a lawyer, former marine and Republican.

This guy, Stuart Stevens, is a former political consultant and strategist who worked on the campaigns for Bob Dole, George W. Bush and Mitt Romney; and now a senior advisor to The Lincoln Project.

IMG_1044.jpeg

• Cheers 2
  • Vintage 1
  • ThereItIs 1

19 minutes ago, Elias Pettersson said:

But not as reliable as catturd, End Wokeness, and clownworld.

4 minutes ago, 4petesake said:

Ron Filipkowski is a lawyer, former marine and Republican.

This guy, Stuart Stevens, is a former political consultant and strategist who worked on the campaigns for Bob Dole, George W. Bush and Mitt Romney; and now a senior advisor to The Lincoln Project.

IMG_1044.jpeg

There are lots of lawyers and marines on Twitter.  What makes Ron Filipkowski different and a legit source of information?  Or are all of his tweets simply speculation?  Never heard of Stuart Stevens.  Is he also now a legit source for info?

Also, in order to win an election, either candidate needs to get a lot of the independent vote, which accounts for 41% of the country.  Are these types of Twitter posts really going to sway the independent voters to vote for Biden? 

2 hours ago, Elias Pettersson said:

He's old and getting older. He acts like an old man. Whereas Trump is also degrading and it is less old person brain but known signs of advancing dementia. Slurring of speech, exchanging words with 'words' that sound like what he is trying to say...forgetting his wifes fucking name. Even Biden hasn't forgotten Jill's name... 

EDIT: Oh and that fat pants shitter also has family history of dementia/alzheimers. So there is that as well...

Edited by Gnarcore

3 minutes ago, Elias Pettersson said:

There are lots of lawyers and marines on Twitter.  What makes Ron Filipkowski different and a legit source of information?  Or are all of his tweets simply speculation?  Never heard of Stuart Stevens.  Is he also now a legit source for info?

Also, in order to win an election, either candidate needs to get a lot of the independent vote, which accounts for 41% of the country.  Are these types of Twitter posts really going to sway the independent voters to vote for Biden? 

Both of these folks were long-standing credentialed Republicans that would have remained Republicans but for Donald J Trump and hold no love for Democrats. For myself I respect people that hold principles over party but other opinions may vary.

It’s up to you whether you find them or anyone else legit. If what any of these people, or the pillow guy or catturd  :classic_laugh: say resonates with independent voters then they may. Sometimes a person is swayed without even realizing it, like when they use clever little nicknames tossed out by the blowhard like Sleepy Joe or Pocahontas.

• Cheers 2

57 minutes ago, Elias Pettersson said:

It’s all speculation on my part.  But makes more sense than to believe an 81 year old man with dementia is actually running the country. 

He's just old...the other side is the one showing actual known signs of dementia. Older brains react different than dementia brains. 

3 minutes ago, Gnarcore said:

He's just old...the other side is the one showing actual known signs of dementia. Older brains react different than dementia brains. 

It's just more noticable because Trump never had a properly functioning brain.

• Cheers 1

1 minute ago, King Heffy said:

It's just more noticable because Trump never had a properly functioning brain.

Actually watch his interviews from his early days of the 80s. He was well spoken and not nearly as bombastic. Not as smart as he thought he was I am sure but he is clearly degrading mentally. 

• Cheers 1