US Politics Thread

Sharpshooter

10 minutes ago, 24K said:

Well put up or shut up. Where is your source for that? 

I don't have a source for that, sorry.  

But if you think he puts together full sentences just fine, you should probably look into it a bit more.  Trump is prone to mistakes as well but Biden at times literally forgets where he is or what he's doing.

oh and can't walk up stairs without stumbling.  Has fallen on stage and off his bike.  

Edited by Wiggums
  • Sad 1
  • Desmenko 1

26 minutes ago, Wiggums said:

I don't know what videos you're watching.

There is a gaffe or clear memory loss nearly every time he speaks.  For every 1 Trump gaffe theres 10 for Bidumb

He is the definition of disasterous 

Mercedes Schlapp was in attendance and that's who he was talking to.

Biden shuffles around like a person you'd see in a home

Ya he's 81 years old and looks it more by the day....Trump shits himself and I see you skipped the slurring and gibberish words signs of dementia. Sorry I am not following every detail of Trump's shenanigans. I am sure you'd be there with the wet wipes to clean him up and change his diaper though. 

• Confused 1
  • Cheers 2
  • ThereItIs 1

I start off by pointing out that the original reporting on this story was done by CNN, so the usual suspects can go ahead right now and write it off as "Fake News!".

For the rest of us, I'll say that I don't think Forbes would just publish the story without vetting it themselves, but critical thinking doesn't seem to be all that critical in today's hyper-partisan climate....

Long story short, it appears as though Kenneth Chesebro, one of the chief architects of the fake electors scheme, lied to prosecutors about his level of involvement and could be in for further charges....as well as the dissolution of his current cooperation deal:

https://www.forbes.com/sites/mollybohannon/2024/02/26/trump-ally-kenneth-chesebro-hid-private-social-media-account-from-investigators-report-says/?sh=6996c8945c5c

Chesebro—a Trump lawyer who was involved in creating a fake electors scheme allegedly designed to overturn the 2020 election results—reportedly distanced himself from schemes to overturn the election when talking to investigators in Michigan, but didn’t mention his alternate Twitter account on which he posted a number of things that contradicted what he told investigators, CNN exclusively reported Monday.

Chesebro told investigators he didn’t use Twitter, but CNN linked him to the account “BadgerPundit,” which regularly tweeted about the electoral college process and how Trump could win a second term—and Chesebro’s lawyers confirmed to CNN the account was his.

Audio obtained by CNN indicated that Chesebro contradicted himself in his interview with investigators when he said he saw the alternate elector plan as a last resort, but the BadgerPundit page showed he was actually tweeting details of how the plan could work even if Trump didn’t win his legal battles.

That's the thing about working for Trump. The guy is so corrupt, you're going to have to do or say something illegal in the course of your employment. And as Chesebro (and others) have found out, lying about those actions will eventually come back to bite you....

• Thanks 1
  • Vintage 1

13 minutes ago, NewbieCanuckFan said:

I will say for an obese old fart rapist, it sure is hard to keep up with his criminal activities.

At this point, it almost looks like he's doing this stuff on purpose, so he can tie up the courts. Keep them so busy with trials that everything ends up getting delayed until after the election.

I saw a story this morning that suggested his lawyers are trying that exact strategy already. They are asking his favorite judge, Aileen Cannon to push back the documents case, so judge Chutkan has no choice but to move back the Election Interference case......

• Cheers 1
  • Upvote 1

1 hour ago, Wiggums said:

I don't have a source for that, sorry.  

But if you think he puts together full sentences just fine, you should probably look into it a bit more.  Trump is prone to mistakes as well but Biden at times literally forgets where he is or what he's doing.

oh and can't walk up stairs without stumbling.  Has fallen on stage and off his bike.  

I have visions of tRump walking down that ramp, with the fear of God telling him that he was going to fall. Hanging on to the handrail to boot.

• Cheers 1

30 minutes ago, Elias Pettersson said:

This is a Hail Mary appeal.  He's trying to have his cake and eat it too.

Context: 

He has not posted the bond.  Meaning, the interest on the judgement is still ticking.  Meaning, in 30 days the State can begin to collect on the judgement.

I think that TRUMP thinks that by filing this appeal, he can get the clock stopped on the judgement AND appeal the ruling WITHOUT having to post the bond.  His incompetent council either floated this to him, or just went along with TRUMP's delusion. 

Technically, he can appeal without the bond.  Interest will accrue and the state can collect on the judgement while the appeal is ongoing.  Posting the bond stops the clock.  The only people who don't post a bond here are those who can't.  Where's the money orange one?

• Cheers 1

Supreme Court questions Florida and Texas social media laws on First Amendment grounds

https://www.cnn.com/2024/02/26/tech/supreme-court-social-media/index.html

The Supreme Court on Monday appeared to have deep concerns of state laws enacted in Florida and Texas that would prohibit social media platforms from throttling certain political viewpoints.

• Cheers 1

38 minutes ago, the destroyer of worlds said:

This is a Hail Mary appeal.  He's trying to have his cake and eat it too.

Context: 

He has not posted the bond.  Meaning, the interest on the judgement is still ticking.  Meaning, in 30 days the State can begin to collect on the judgement.

I think that TRUMP thinks that by filing this appeal, he can get the clock stopped on the judgement AND appeal the ruling WITHOUT having to post the bond.  His incompetent council either floated this to him, or just went along with TRUMP's delusion. 

Technically, he can appeal without the bond.  Interest will accrue and the state can collect on the judgement while the appeal is ongoing.  Posting the bond stops the clock.  The only people who don't post a bond here are those who can't.  Where's the money orange one?

He actually filed a "notice to appeal".  So it's not the actual appeal, which can only be done after the bond is posted...

BREAKING: Donald Trump has just filed a "notice of appeal" for his $454 million judgment in a New York civil fraud case. NOTE: In this case, a "notice of appeal" is a formal document filed by Donald Trump indicating his intention to appeal the $454 million judgment rendered against him in the New York civil fraud case. NOTE: It doesn’t mean he has appealed but it means that Donald Trump has initiated the appeals process by officially informing the court of his intention to appeal the judgment. NOTE: Trump has to pay off the money even if he intends to appeal.

• Upvote 1

9 minutes ago, Elias Pettersson said:

He actually filed a "notice to appeal".  So it's not the actual appeal, which can only be done after the bond is posted...

BREAKING: Donald Trump has just filed a "notice of appeal" for his $454 million judgment in a New York civil fraud case. NOTE: In this case, a "notice of appeal" is a formal document filed by Donald Trump indicating his intention to appeal the $454 million judgment rendered against him in the New York civil fraud case. NOTE: It doesn’t mean he has appealed but it means that Donald Trump has initiated the appeals process by officially informing the court of his intention to appeal the judgment. NOTE: Trump has to pay off the money even if he intends to appeal.

Either way, notice or actual appeal, the clock stops with a bond.  He's trying anything possible to delay, delay, delay.  If TRUMP actually had the cash, the bond would already be posted, stopping the interest being charged every day. 

Smart people with money would already have a bond in place.  They would use their own assets as collateral for a bond, or put up the cash for the bond.

I mean, TRUMP hasn't even put up a bond for the $83 million judgement to E. Jean Carroll, yet said he was going to appeal that case.  That case is quickly coming up on the 30 day clock.

• Cheers 1

1 hour ago, Johngould21 said:

I'm sure you have the source for who is bankrolling this appeal??? Let me guess last name starts with a "P"?

My guess.  Most likely MAGA PAC donations meant for his re-election campaign.  The same people/PAC(s) who paid to refurbish his Boeing 757.  His political career makes the old Trump University scam proceeds look like chump change.  The difference being the bigger scam is sadly perfectly legal.

His new lenders (Axos Financial) may have even thrown in some leveraged finances.  I'm just curious if they're leveraging against future PAC proceeds or if Trump has anything left that he can use as collateral.

18 minutes ago, Elias Pettersson said:

So he's still trying to scrape together half a billion dollars...

• Cheers 1

5 minutes ago, The Arrogant Worms said:

Trump tells E. Jean Carroll judge he's too rich to have to pay bond

https://www.rawstory.com/e-jean-carroll-2667368251/?utm_source=superhead

This is the idiotic reasoning that you get from the only (mediocre) lawyers desperate for cash that will work with/for you.  Unless I'm missing a variable in this equation, this is proof positive that he's leveraged to his eyeballs and he's having a difficult time getting Axos Financial to float him anymore loans.

• Cheers 1