US Politics Thread

Sharpshooter

15 minutes ago, Bob Long said:

I doubt Ted would want it. It'll be some lackey thats only there to disrupt things. Maybe the GOP finally gets its extended government shutdown. 

I don't think they need a Senate majority for that....unless I'm mistaken, Mike Johnson can make that happen, pretty much by himself...

7 minutes ago, Bob Long said:

he seems like too much of a chicken to do anything on his own 

Well, it will be on Donald Trump's orders, but Johnson doesn't actually have to do anything....in fact, he would accomplish Dotard's goal by doing nothing....

• ThereItIs 2

1 minute ago, The Arrogant Worms said:

JUST IN: Supreme Court Announces Trump Immunity Decision Plan

https://www.mediaite.com/trump/just-in-supreme-court-announces-trump-immunity-decision-plan/

The good news is that they've agreed to expedite. Sometime in late April....

Still, it's not great news for Democracy as the Liar in Chief gets yet another delay....:classic_dry:

• Cheers 1

9 minutes ago, 24K said:

Assuming the supreme court don't rule themselves out of existance, verdict is now gonna come in around election time. 

Just great. 

If Trump successfully delays federal prosecutions past November's election and manages to win the White House back, he could order the DOJ to dismiss them.

https://www.huffpost.com/entry/supreme-court-trump-delay_n_65ce6a92e4b04daca6963b80

White House doctor says Biden is 'fit for duty' after the president's annual physical

https://www.nbcnews.com/politics/white-house/biden-undergo-annual-physical-exam-wednesday-rcna140880

WASHINGTON — President Joe Biden is "fit for duty," a White House doctor said in a published summary of his routine physical.

Biden "fully executes all of his responsibilities without any exemptions or accommodations," Kevin C. O'Connor said in his assessment.

The president underwent his physical Wednesday morning at Walter Reed National Military Medical Center.

His health remains stable, including his asymptomatic atrial fibrillation, stiffened gait and seasonal allergies.

The president has began using a Positive Airway Pressure (PAP) machine as part of his sleeping routine, which was added after doctors conducted a sleep study to evaluate Biden's sleep apnea symptoms, according to the assessment.

He also had a skin lesion revealed to be a basal cell carcinoma removed from his chest last year. The president did not need further treatment on the issue, the assessment said, noting that this type of skin cancer does not typically metastasize.

The report added that Biden had a "dental urgency" in June, and he had a root canal the same day which only needed "local numbing medication."

Biden continues not to use tobacco products or drink alcohol, and he exercises at least five days per week, O'Connor said. The president is a "healthy, active, robust 81-year-old," the report concluded.

Speaking to reporters at the White House after his checkup, Biden said that "everything's squared away" and joked that doctors think he looks "too young."

"There is nothing different than last year," Biden said. "Everything's great."

• Cheers 2

8 minutes ago, bishopshodan said:

To be fair, Trumps WH doctor claimed he could live to 200 and was made of adamantium. 

Or something like that.

I mean what else are they gonna say?

Admit his health is faltering? Like that would go over well...

Hopefully orange man group doesn't get in. The world is already going to shit without him. We don't need that icing on the cake.

• Cheers 2
  • Vintage 1

2 hours ago, RupertKBD said:

The good news is that they've agreed to expedite. Sometime in late April....

Still, it's not great news for Democracy as the Liar in Chief gets yet another delay....:classic_dry:

I've always been of the mentality with this that we can't rely on the court cases to prevent Trump from being on the ballot in November. At the end of the day, we have to hope that the voters against Trump come out in November. We have to hope that many of the voters for Haley will do what the surveys have stated they will do and vote for Biden instead of Trump, along with the unlikely voters, along with the women against the roe vs wade reversal...

...basically, the ones who realize the situation as being a literal vote for or against democracy.

Edited by The Lock
  • Like 2

11 minutes ago, The Lock said:

I've always been of the mentality with this that we can't rely on the court cases to prevent Trump from being on the ballot in November. At the end of the day, we have to hope that the voters against Trump come out in November. We have to hope that many of the voters for Haley will do what the surveys have stated they will do and vote for Biden instead of Trump, along with the unlikely voters, along with the women against the roe vs wade reversal...

...basically, the ones who realize the situation as being a literal vote for or against democracy.

I agree. That being said, in November, I would like the American public to know if they are casting a vote for a convicted felon or not. This is what Trump is trying to avoid and unfortunately, the courts seem determined to help him do so....

• Cheers 1

1 hour ago, The Arrogant Worms said:

The report added that Biden had a "dental urgency" in June, and he had a root canal the same day which only needed "local numbing medication."

Biden doesn't floss confirmed? Switching my vote to Trump!

-a concerned centrist

• Haha 3

35 minutes ago, RupertKBD said:

I agree. That being said, in November, I would like the American public to know if they are casting a vote for a convicted felon or not. This is what Trump is trying to avoid and unfortunately, the courts seem determined to help him do so....

It was inevitable with how stacked the courts are for GOP.

They were smart to realize controlling courts is more important than any electoral results. Sad how partisan a supposedly impartial court has gotten.

• Cheers 1

1 hour ago, 24K said:

It was inevitable with how stacked the courts are for GOP.

They were smart to realize controlling courts is more important than any electoral results. Sad how partisan a supposedly impartial court has gotten.

That's the real lasting damage.  It's going to take generations to denazify the SCOTUS barring a miracle and a few of the vermin appointed by Agent Orange do the world a favour and drop dead.  There needs to be some other check and balance to remove these  worthless pieces of trash without resorting to the second amendment.

Edited by King Heffy

56 minutes ago, King Heffy said:

That's the real lasting damage.  It's going to take generations to denazify the SCOTUS barring a miracle and a few of the vermin appointed by Agent Orange do the world a favour and drop dead.  There needs to be some other check and balance to remove these  worthless pieces of trash without resorting to the second amendment.

Hey if they do rule Trump is immune, Biden can just go and finish those justice off himself. He is immune after all.  

Edited by 24K
  • Cheers 1
  • ThereItIs 1

Lauren Boebert is a member of a party that promotes family values allegedly.

Her son is in the clink currently, her ex. was there recently and she had been arrested couple of times as well.

Her ex. exposed himself to a minor, started dating Bobo when she was 16 while he was 22, which reeks of statutory rape and she engaged in lewd act in public recently. Not to mention she dropped out of high school and became grandmother at the ripe old age of 36. Yeah, I don’t think I want these kinds of “values” spread around!

• Cheers 2

48 minutes ago, CBH1926 said:

Lauren Boebert is a member of a party that promotes family values allegedly.

Her son is in the clink currently, her ex. was there recently and she had been arrested couple of times as well.

Her ex. exposed himself to a minor, started dating Bobo when she was 16 while he was 22, which reeks of statutory rape and she engaged in lewd act in public recently. Not to mention she dropped out of high school and became grandmother at the ripe old age of 36. Yeah, I don’t think I want these kinds of “values” spread around!

Certainly makes a case for abortion. 

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, 24K said:

Hey if they do rule Trump is immune, Biden can just go and finish those justice off himself. He is immune after all.  

Biden is immune because he is an elderly old man with poor memory.  He couldn't even remember when his son died and he couldn't remember when he served as VP

The dems will keep trying to prosecute Trump with anything they can find and will keep failing as they always do.  The only way they can beat him is by digging up old garbage

• Desmenko 1

8 minutes ago, Wiggums said:

Biden is immune because he is an elderly old man with poor memory.  He couldn't even remember when his son died and he couldn't remember when he served as VP

The dems will keep trying to prosecute Trump with anything they can find and will keep failing as they always do.  The only way they can beat him is by digging up old garbage

Old garbage? Do you mean Trump or is ex. 

• Cheers 1

36 minutes ago, Wiggums said:

You truly live up to your handle....

• Thanks 1
  • ThereItIs 1