US Politics Thread

Sharpshooter

15 minutes ago, kilgore said:

Yeah well

if your rape someone

if you cheat in business

if you call Nazis good people

if you say you believe Putin, who you say is a genius, over your own intelligence services

if you try and subvert democracy with a fake electors plot in swing States

if you break campaign finance laws by not claiming your whoring expenses 

if you steal and then lie about having top secret files, and then boast about it

if you stoke an insurrection against the will of the people

” anything they can find “ ain’t too difficult

i don’t even know if the new board has the same rules about personal attacks, so I’ll cover my ass and I won’t say you would, but anyone who thinks a fuckwad like that should get anywhere near an authority position is an idiot or an asshole and probably both

He raped someone?  So that means he's in prison or was in prison, right?  You go to prison for rape

Edited by Wiggums
  • Sad 1
  • Desmenko 1

45 minutes ago, 4petesake said:

So you believe that every rapist is in prison?

I assume you are aware of the difference of proof needed for a civil trial vs a criminal trial?

And even if they go to trial, the conviction rates here in Aus are fucked up.

This article details the BS, victims of sexual assault have to face in our " Justice System "

https://www.elle.com.au/culture/politics/sexual-assault-justice-system-australia-26944/

" As it stands, only 1.5 percent of sexual assault cases end in a conviction "

• Sad 5

This gal is a slow learner- now caught twice, taking credit for money she voted against

https://www.msn.com/en-ca/news/politics/gop-rep-claims-responsibility-for-bill-she-never-backed-again/ar-BB1j4h61?ocid=msedgdhp&pc=U531&cvid=06c3521b678f4693867a2f2a05f77595&ei=7

"

In December, CBS News investigative reporter Jim DeFede confronted US Rep. Maria Elvira Salazar (R-FL) about an event the GOP leader "presented a check for $650,000 to help small businesses at Florida International University," and posted to social media.

DeFede said to Salazar, "You voted against the bill that gave the money that you then signed a check for and handed and had a photo op."

-----------------------------------------

and now:

The Republican leader, according to MSNBC's Steve Benen, "issued a press statement this month claiming that she 'secured over $1.4 million' in federal funding for a children’s hospital in Miami," and "even appeared in person at the hospital for a photo-op, delivering oversized checks, and then promoted the event via social media."

--------------------------------

mal

• Thanks 3

10 minutes ago, Gurn said:

This gal is a slow learner- now caught twice, taking credit for money she voted against

https://www.msn.com/en-ca/news/politics/gop-rep-claims-responsibility-for-bill-she-never-backed-again/ar-BB1j4h61?ocid=msedgdhp&pc=U531&cvid=06c3521b678f4693867a2f2a05f77595&ei=7

"

In December, CBS News investigative reporter Jim DeFede confronted US Rep. Maria Elvira Salazar (R-FL) about an event the GOP leader "presented a check for $650,000 to help small businesses at Florida International University," and posted to social media.

DeFede said to Salazar, "You voted against the bill that gave the money that you then signed a check for and handed and had a photo op."

-----------------------------------------

and now:

The Republican leader, according to MSNBC's Steve Benen, "issued a press statement this month claiming that she 'secured over $1.4 million' in federal funding for a children’s hospital in Miami," and "even appeared in person at the hospital for a photo-op, delivering oversized checks, and then promoted the event via social media."

--------------------------------

mal

They will reelect her. 

• ThereItIs 1

Drumpf removed from Illinois ballot:

https://www.msn.com/en-ca/news/politics/donald-trump-removed-from-illinois-republican-primary-ballots/ss-BB1j66hF?ocid=hpmsn&cvid=4579fecf37e34f71a5a7de3bdeb82e64&ei=150

"An Illinois state judge has kicked former President Donald Trump off the Illinois' Republican presidential primary ballot due to his alleged role in the January 6 Capitol riots."

---------------------------------

mal

• Haha 1
  • Cheers 1

https://www.msn.com/en-ca/news/politics/speaker-mike-johnson-strikes-deal-with-democrats-for-short-term-funding-extension-to-avoid-a-government-shutdown-on-friday-but-it-may-anger-his-gop-hardliner-flank/ar-BB1j3GAi?ocid=hpmsn&cvid=4579fecf37e34f71a5a7de3bdeb82e64&ei=110

"

Speaker Mike Johnson and congressional leadership have reached a deal on spending that will require another short-term stopgap bill - the sort he detests and that may anger his GOP hardliner flank.

The deal will push two looming government shutdown deadlines later into the month of March.

The lawmakers were nearing the first deadline at midnight Friday, but the sprawling appropriations bills were not quite buttoned up. 

The breakthrough agreement came the day after President Biden assembled a meeting of the congressional 'Big Four' at the White House Tuesday.

-----------------------------------

mal

• Thanks 1
  • Cheers 1

3 minutes ago, Satchmo said:

Ok, so it wasn't rape it was sexual assault.   Feel better?

I think it was actually 'sexual abuse,' but it really doesn't matter because the colloquial definition of rape describes the event.

• Cheers 4

1 minute ago, 112 said:

I think it was actually 'sexual abuse,' but it really doesn't matter because the colloquial definition of rape describes the event.

but Hunter. Never trumps. fake news. activist judge. 

just pick one. 

• Cheers 1
  • Vintage 1

8 hours ago, Wiggums said:

He raped someone?  So that means he's in prison or was in prison, right?  You go to prison for rape

Exactly. That's why Trump should be in prison.

Yet, you have someone who should be in prison the most likely republican nominee.

9 hours ago, Wiggums said:

How about FRAUD?

You realize that he defrauded people?  Right?  Two words.  TRUMP University.

And even there he was able to skip a criminal indictment, yet settled for millions.

He got away with criminal acts for years.  Teflon Don.

• Cheers 2

1 minute ago, the destroyer of worlds said:

How about FRAUD?

You realize that he defrauded people?  Right?  Two words.  TRUMP University.

And even there he was able to skip a criminal indictment, yet settled for millions.

He got away with criminal acts for years.  Teflon Don.

He'd argue that shows Trump is just smart.

• Haha 2

The party of family values (what a joke that is) is blocking a measure that will protect a way for people to...checks notes...have a family.

https://www.nbcnews.com/politics/congress/republican-senator-cindy-hyde-smith-blocks-bill-protecting-ivf-rcna141083

Republican senator blocks bill to protect IVF

Sen. Cindy Hyde-Smith, R-Miss., blocked the bill brought by Sen. Tammy Duckworth, D-Ill., who used IVF to have her daughters.
  • Upvote 1
  • ThereItIs 2

13 hours ago, Wiggums said:

Biden is immune because he is an elderly old man with poor memory.  He couldn't even remember when his son died and he couldn't remember when he served as VP

The dems will keep trying to prosecute Trump with anything they can find and will keep failing as they always do.  The only way they can beat him is by digging up old garbage

Yah. Gotta worry about sleepy Joe. There’s a spry young stable genius, name if Donald J Trump, who talks in plain language that’s easy for us plain folk to unnerstand, I mean git. 

Actually you won’t have to dig up old garbage. Every moment of every day, the Dotard is either grifting or grabbin their pussies. He’s all yours. 

IMG_0350.jpeg

IMG_0351.jpeg

• Upvote 2

12 hours ago, Wiggums said:

If Trump did those things to one of your loved ones, you would be singing an entirely different tune. I doubt that you would be splitting hairs. You’d likely want to break his face. I know that I would. 

None of this, well technically it wasn’t rape bullshit.

• Thanks 2
  • Cheers 2

3 minutes ago, PistolPete13 said:

If Trump did those things to one of your loved ones, you would be singing an entirely different tune. I doubt that you would be splitting hairs. You’d likely want to break his face. I know that I would. 

None of this, well technically it wasn’t rape bullshit.

Trump supporters are so opposed to women's rights that I'm not sure if that's true.

• Cheers 2
  • ThereItIs 1