US Politics Thread

Sharpshooter

9 minutes ago, Ilunga said:

As I have stated many times, it's always a choice between the the lesser of two evils for us here in our supposed democracies.

The parties choose their own candidates.

Political lobbying as well as political donations.

Trey and Matt hit the Nail bang on the head when they came out with this 

Doesn't the turd sandwich really remind you of someone.

Like seriously 

Trump is basically a real life version of Eric Cartman.

• Vintage 1

1 hour ago, NewbieCanuckFan said:

It's a lesser of two evils.

Mark Cuban:

Cuban basically says "I'd vote for Sleepy Joe even if he wasn't alive over Dotard" 

So basically even Mark Cuban admits that Biden is almost dead. At least he is being honest about it. 

I guess if Biden dies then Kamala Harris will be the President. Not sure if that’s a good thing or not. I don’t think her poll numbers are very high. Maybe Michelle Obama can run for the Vice Presidency instead. That way if Biden dies she will take over anyways. 

7 hours ago, The Arrogant Worms said:

Trump Takes Aim at ‘RINO’ Fox News Contributors: ‘GET RID OF KARL ROVE!!!’

https://www.mediaite.com/politics/trump-takes-aim-at-rino-fox-news-contributors-get-rid-of-karl-rove/

This is where the GOP is...Karl Rove...one of the biggest Neo-Cons ever is being called a RINO....ridiculous. 

• Cheers 1
  • Upvote 1

46 minutes ago, Elias Pettersson said:

So basically even Mark Cuban admits that Biden is almost dead. At least he is being honest about it. 

I guess if Biden dies then Kamala Harris will be the President. Not sure if that’s a good thing or not. I don’t think her poll numbers are very high. Maybe Michelle Obama can run for the Vice Presidency instead. That way if Biden dies she will take over anyways. 

Nah, you've seen "Weekend at Bernies" haven't you?:

• Haha 1

3 minutes ago, 4petesake said:

https://www.telegraph.co.uk/us/politics/2024/03/04/trump-supporters-target-black-voters-ai-photos-fake/

The truth behind Trump and his smiling black supporters – they’re fake

AI-generated deepfake images of the former president are ‘being deployed to influence the outcome of 2024 election’, campaigners believe.

IMG_1161.jpeg

As a photographer i can see no less than 11 obvious tells this image is fake and it's scary people will still believe it

• Cheers 2

6 minutes ago, Warhippy said:

As a photographer i can see no less than 11 obvious tells this image is fake and it's scary people will still believe it

Out of curiosity what are some of the most obvious that you see? I noticed the hand problems right away.

5 minutes ago, 4petesake said:

Out of curiosity what are some of the most obvious that you see? I noticed the hand problems right away.

Hands included, 

1. Hands

2.  Mouth on woman in background upside down

3.  Eyes on woman in background upside down

4.  Trumps hair

5. Cheek of woman in blue close to trump

6. Writing on hat

7. writing on shirt

8. trumps tie

9.  Bonus for mans moustache

trimp.jpeg

• Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, Warhippy said:

Hands included, 

1. Hands

2.  Mouth on woman in background upside down

3.  Eyes on woman in background upside down

4.  Trumps hair

5. Cheek of woman in blue close to trump

6. Writing on hat

7. writing on shirt

8. trumps tie

9.  Bonus for mans moustache

trimp.jpeg

As a photographer is it unusual that the eyes seemed to be focused to multiple locations? I assume that generally most subjects would be looking in the same direction. 

I had read that for some reason AI had the most problems with hands so that’s the first thing I check. I’m trying to learn the tells.

7 hours ago, 4petesake said:

https://www.telegraph.co.uk/us/politics/2024/03/04/trump-supporters-target-black-voters-ai-photos-fake/

The truth behind Trump and his smiling black supporters – they’re fake

AI-generated deepfake images of the former president are ‘being deployed to influence the outcome of 2024 election’, campaigners believe.

IMG_1161.jpeg

7 hours ago, Warhippy said:

I'm not a photographer, but I have dabbled a bit in Photoshop....both of Trump's hands are giveaways for me.....plus, the woman in the blue dress seems to have an alien hand on her arm....either that, or the weirdest amputation I've ever seen...

• Cheers 2

Here's Faux News attempting to downplay the FACT that crime is down in the US:

In regards to John Roberts' claim that it's because of "soft prosecutors", the NYT times said this:

But the FBI’s Uniform Crime Reporting Program (UCR) isn’t a report on charges or prosecutions, it’s a report of reported crimes.

It's worth noting that Republicans have been pushing this "soaring crime" narrative for a couple of years now, because they want people to be afraid of immigrants and people of color.....facts don't matter....it's all about feelings. And here we have Faux News, once again, carrying the water for Republicans in general and Donald Trump in particular, because this type of disinformation peddling is good for their bottom line....

But CNN is "just as bad" as Faux, amirite? :classic_rolleyes:

• Upvote 4

12 hours ago, CBH1926 said:

I know you were giving numbers from the sources, tbh I haven’t watched CNN or MSNBC in years.

Don’t get me wrong, I am hoping for Russia to lose this war but having gone through the war personally.

I see that lot of these numbers about Russian loses are grossly overinflated, Russian media and their allies are doing the exact same thing. I do agree that the coverage about Super Tuesday has been low key. At least here in Illinois.

I wouldn't be surprised if there was a lot of propaganda in those numbers.  Both of those networks, like most of the media these days, aren't exactly rigorous in their reporting.  I have little doubt that they'll lazily puke back out any number that they are spoon fed unless they need the current narrative to change for some reason.

30 minutes ago, CBH1926 said:

Will be interesting to see if her supporters and her back trump.

When it was Bernie vs Clinton, the Bernie Bros voted against Clinton.  Will her supporters do the same against trump or will we see the lockstep bootlicking we're accustomed to

• Cheers 1

2 minutes ago, Warhippy said:

When it was Bernie vs Clinton, the Bernie Bros voted against Clinton.  Will her supporters do the same against trump or will we see the lockstep bootlicking we're accustomed to

She already crapped on him in her speech so I'm thinking, probably not....  😂

I'd imagine it'll be mostly the opposite with her voters.  They'll vote along the party line, just like the Democrat voters will. 

7 minutes ago, Warhippy said:

She probably won’t endorse him, but her supporters are probably voting for DT.

I hope I am wrong and they either don’t vote or vote against Trump.

• Vintage 1

18 minutes ago, Sabrefan1 said:

I wouldn't be surprised if there was a lot of propaganda in those numbers.  Both of those networks, like most of the media these days, aren't exactly rigorous in their reporting.  I have little doubt that they'll lazily puke back out any number that they are spoon fed unless they need the current narrative to change for some reason.

Did you see the caucus vote in Samoa? Biden lost by 9 votes and total number of people that voted was 91.

I have seen bigger voter base and turnout in PTA meeting. 😂

• Haha 1

6 minutes ago, CBH1926 said:

She probably won’t endorse him, but her supporters are probably voting for DT.

I hope I am wrong and they either don’t vote or vote against Trump.

You're right that most of her base will be voting for Trump, but I think there's a significant block of them who supported her because they've become disenfranchised by Trump and the MAGA movement. I could definitely see a lot of them not showing up to vote or switching to blue out of distaste for Trump. It's hard to say how significant this will be, but moderates overall are probably going to prefer Biden imo.

• Cheers 2

10 minutes ago, CBH1926 said:

Did you see the caucus vote in Samoa? Biden lost by 9 votes and total number of people that voted was 91.

I have seen bigger voter base and turnout in PTA meeting. 😂

I missed seeing that yesterday... 😂