US Politics Thread

Sharpshooter

12 hours ago, Elias Pettersson said:

So basically even Mark Cuban admits that Biden is almost dead. At least he is being honest about it. 

I guess if Biden dies then Kamala Harris will be the President. Not sure if that’s a good thing or not. I don’t think her poll numbers are very high. Maybe Michelle Obama can run for the Vice Presidency instead. That way if Biden dies she will take over anyways. 

Isn't Trump showing the same signs of decline?  I think it's safe to say at this point the vote isn't so much for the president but for their administrations and who they appoint.

• Cheers 3

8 minutes ago, DSVII said:

Isn't Trump showing the same signs of decline?  I think it's safe to say at this point the vote isn't so much for the president but for their administrations and who they appoint.

It's also worth noting that Cuban didn't say what that poster is claiming....

But facts don't seem to matter to a few of the "centrists" around here.....:classic_rolleyes:

• Cheers 1
  • Vintage 1
  • ThereItIs 1

3 hours ago, Sabrefan1 said:

She already crapped on him in her speech so I'm thinking, probably not....  😂

I'd imagine it'll be mostly the opposite with her voters.  They'll vote along the party line, just like the Democrat voters will. 

In 2015/2016 everyone crapped on Trump as well.  Then turned around and bent the knee and became boot licking toads because they realized he would ensure they got everything they wanted

I expect this won't be much different 

• Vintage 1

15 hours ago, Elias Pettersson said:

So basically even Mark Cuban admits that Biden is almost dead. At least he is being honest about it. 

I guess if Biden dies then Kamala Harris will be the President. Not sure if that’s a good thing or not. I don’t think her poll numbers are very high. Maybe Michelle Obama can run for the Vice Presidency instead. That way if Biden dies she will take over anyways. 

Cuban didn't say that.

• Cheers 1
  • Upvote 1

27 minutes ago, Warhippy said:

In 2015/2016 everyone crapped on Trump as well.  Then turned around and bent the knee and became boot licking toads because they realized he would ensure they got everything they wanted

I expect this won't be much different 

Yep. Cocaine Mitch just did the same thing, even after saying that Trump was responsible for the Jan 6th attack on the Capitol....

"Party over country" has become the norm for most Republicans. Even so-called "principled" Republicans, like Chris Sununu say they'll support the party nominee, even if it is Donald Trump.

There's more spine in this photo than there is in the entire Republican Party....:classic_dry:

image.thumb.jpeg.4c41a731300682d29c27a93881e94d14.jpeg

• Cheers 2
  • Upvote 1

15 hours ago, The Arrogant Worms said:

Trumpd speech was full of lies as usual 

It was nauseating, to say the least. His normal bs about how great the economy was during his "reign of terror". Unemployment numbers have never been lower in the US, and job creation is higher as well. I'd love to know what he has stuffed in his right or left nostril, that has him whistling every time he makes a speech.

• Cheers 1
  • Vintage 1

5 minutes ago, Rocket Jay said:

There's no Left versus Right,

no Dems versus Republicans.

Just elites versus us.

Imo there is, left versus right

Dems versus Republicans

and elites versus us.

• Upvote 4

Mark Robinson: 'I Absolutely Want To Go Back To The America Where Women Couldn’t Vote'

In a newly unearthed video, North Carolina’s GOP nominee for governor says America was better then because Republicans "fought for real social change."

• Confused 1
  • Sad 1

15 hours ago, 4petesake said:

https://www.telegraph.co.uk/us/politics/2024/03/04/trump-supporters-target-black-voters-ai-photos-fake/

The truth behind Trump and his smiling black supporters – they’re fake

AI-generated deepfake images of the former president are ‘being deployed to influence the outcome of 2024 election’, campaigners believe.

IMG_1161.jpeg

Trump is movin' on up. 

• Haha 4

2 hours ago, Johngould21 said:

It was nauseating, to say the least. His normal bs about how great the economy was during his "reign of terror". Unemployment numbers have never been lower in the US, and job creation is higher as well. I'd love to know what he has stuffed in his right or left nostril, that has him whistling every time he makes a speech.

IMG_0827.jpeg

IMG_0826.jpeg

• Upvote 2
  • ThereItIs 1

17 hours ago, 4petesake said:

IMG_0827.jpeg

IMG_0826.jpeg

Embarrassing manipulation. The massive covid job losses are omitted? Biden numbers start from scratch? lmao. The only thing this graph is good for is to show the depths that need to be plumbed to find Biden positives.

• Cheers 1
  • Desmenko 1

6 minutes ago, Joshrips said:

Embarrassing manipulation. The massive covid job losses are omitted? Biden numbers start from scratch? lmao. The only thing this graph is good for is to show the depths that need to be plumbed to find Biden positives.

the covid job losses?  who was president in 2020?  Biden didn't take office until Jan 2021.

The "biden positives" are actually easy to find if a person isn't just a partisan hack.  Much like the "trump positives" are easy to see were in large part of the Obama administrations good work and 72 straight months of unbroken growth

• Cheers 1
  • Vintage 2

Recent Trump speeches suggest 'underlying brain damage': psychologist

https://www.rawstory.com/trump-brain-damage/

Dr. John Gartner, a psychologist and former assistant professor at Johns Hopkins University Medical School, tells Salon's Chauncey DeVega that he thinks former President Donald Trump's mental state is declining to the point where he's experiencing a "fundamental breakdown" in his "ability to use language."

As an example, Gartner points to Trump's appearance at the U.S.-Mexico border in which he went on a strange tangent about immigrants "who don’t speak languages," while also arguing that "we have languages coming into our country, we have nobody that even speaks those languages."

"In my opinion, Donald Trump is getting worse as his cognitive state continues to degrade," commented Gartner. "If Trump were your relative, you’d be thinking about assisted care right now."

Vincent Greenwood, the founder and executive director of the Washington Center For Cognitive Therapy, also told DeVega that Trump's speech patterns seem to go beyond mere mental gaffes.

"In his speech in North Carolina, Trump said 'migrant cime' leaving out the 'r'; and was unable to say 'Venezuela' which came out sounding like 'Venezwheregull,'" he said.

"These are examples of what we call phonemic paraphasia which is associated with underlying brain damage."

• Thanks 1
  • ThereItIs 1

At this point one of these old guys is going to  have to die, in order to be replaced as the nominee.

350 plus, million folk down there and some how the system ends up with these two candidates.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

As someone who is concerned about Climate Change, I don't necessarily believe this is a good thing, but it does outline how facts are immaterial to Republicans seeking to discredit the Biden Administration:

• Thanks 1

29 minutes ago, Joshrips said:

The massive job losses are omitted because they were due to Covid not Trump policy so hardly his fault. By July of ‘22 US employment had been restored to pre-pandemic levels so if you’re troubled by that then note the job gains levels after that date under Biden. Striking isn’t it especially when you consider this during a period of rate increases by the Fed to fight inflation?!

https://www.nytimes.com/2022/08/05/business/economy/july-jobs-report-gains.html

• Aug. 5, 2022

U.S. job growth accelerated in July across nearly all industries, restoring nationwide employment to its prepandemic level, despite widespread expectations of a slowdown as the Federal Reserve raises interest rates to fight inflation.

• Cheers 2
  • Vintage 2

37 minutes ago, Warhippy said:

the covid job losses?  who was president in 2020?  Biden didn't take office until Jan 2021.

The "biden positives" are actually easy to find if a person isn't just a partisan hack.  Much like the "trump positives" are easy to see were in large part of the Obama administrations good work and 72 straight months of unbroken growth

There are no Biden economic positives. Runaway inflation undoes any cosmetic debt-driven stock market gains. The only thing that staved off complete disaster was draining the SPR and the demand sugar from the invasion of illegals. Pity the bagholders with mortgages coming due. 

• Cheers 2
  • Desmenko 1

1 minute ago, Warhippy said:

That's a whole lot of words just to say "I have no idea what I'm talking about"

Makes me wonder if it's the same person with multiple accounts? I'm all for having an opinion, but....It can't be laid out any clearer. Much like tRump himself.

• Thanks 1
  • Cheers 1