US Politics Thread

Sharpshooter

2 minutes ago, Sabrefan1 said:

Meds fortunately.  I may be voting 3rd party but I don't want to see him flub up and embarrass himself and the nation on the world stage.

Biden is old no doubt, and has old persons issues.

But he is nowhere mentally incapacitated as the right wingers paint him as.

On the other note MTG is dressed like a jockey, Georgia trash!

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, CBH1926 said:

Biden is old no doubt, and has old persons issues.

But he is nowhere mentally incapacitated as the right wingers paint him as.

On the other note MTG is dressed like a jockey, Georgia trash!

She irritates me because she will do anything for attention no matter who it affects.

• Cheers 2

For a guy with "dementia" who doesn't know where he is, is frail and can't get their faculties together; Ol Joe sure does manage to stay in topic without deviation through all the idiots shouting at him

• Cheers 1

3 minutes ago, Sabrefan1 said:

She irritates me because she will do anything for attention no matter who it affects.

She looks like carnival worker in her outfit. The only reason she cares about that poor Riley kid is to spread hatred and rile up others. The fact that clowns like her, Boebert, Santos etc. were elected into the House of Representatives, makes me sick 

IMG_3423.png

• Cheers 1
  • chaos 1

2 minutes ago, Warhippy said:

For a guy with "dementia" who doesn't know where he is, is frail and can't get their faculties together; Ol Joe sure does manage to stay in topic without deviation through all the idiots shouting at him

And is able to give them some witty comebacks as well.
Something that he couldn’t have prepared for or read from the teleprompter.

• Cheers 1

2 minutes ago, CBH1926 said:

She looks like carnival worker in her outfit. The only reason she cares about that poor Riley kid is to spread hatred and rile up others. The fact that clowns like her, Boebert, Santos etc. were elected into the House of Representatives, makes me sick 

IMG_3423.png

marjorie-taylor-greene-shrieking-baboon-

• Haha 3
  • Vintage 1

3 hours ago, CBH1926 said:

And is able to give them some witty comebacks as well.
Something that he couldn’t have prepared for or read from the teleprompter.

His advisors had Madge clocked.  They even gave him a prop to shut her down...  I was actually mildly impressed that they had that ready to go.

*edit*  It gets better.  According to the AP, the prop/button that Joe used to shut Marge down was actually given to him by her when he came into the chamber.  She accidentally engineered her own televised smack-down.  :picard:

Edited by Sabrefan1
  • Cheers 2

4 minutes ago, Sabrefan1 said:

His advisors had Madge clocked.  They even gave him a prop to shut her down...  I was actually mildly impressed that they had that ready to go.

He's doing quite well.  All he has to do is just this for the next 10 to 36 months and he'll be fine

• Vintage 1

2 minutes ago, Warhippy said:

He's doing quite well.  All he has to do is just this for the next 10 to 36 months and he'll be fine

He had a very good speech. 

If he's re-elected, he can go full bore on the brain meds and by the time they start to not work as well, he'll be in the lame duck part of his second term.

11 minutes ago, Sabrefan1 said:

Too bad prop didn’t contain tranquilizer darts.

• Haha 2

1 minute ago, Sabrefan1 said:

He had a very good speech. 

If he's re-elected, he can go full bore on the brain meds and by the time they start to not work as well, he'll be in the lame duck part of his second term.

Bidens gotta be taking some cutting edge meds eh? Such a stark difference from this SOTU speech and other times where he looks dead.

Just now, Super19 said:

Bidens gotta be taking some cutting edge meds eh? Such a stark difference from this SOTU speech and other times where he looks dead.

I don't dislike him so it saddens me knowing that those meds only work for a time so if he does start using them regularly after this election, he's going to pass away in the same shape that Reagan passed away.

I don't dislike him so it saddens me knowing that those meds only work for a time so if he does start using them regularly after this election, he's going to pass away in the same shape that Reagan passed away.

I think there should def be an age limit or something for the President. Just doesn't seem fair having the elderly serving as POTUS, the body and mind naturally starts declining. He sure showed up for this SOTU though, as he should.

Biden gets no sympathy from me. I didn't dislike him before either, but my goodness, IMO Biden has blood on his hands re Gaza. Biden needs to do better because the course he's on will have him remembered as Genocide Joe by me. I wonder how many American voters feel the same, and if his stance on Gaza could lose him the presidency.

• Desmenko 1

3 minutes ago, Super19 said:

I think there should def be an age limit or something for the President. Just doesn't seem fair having the elderly serving as POTUS, the body and mind naturally starts declining. He sure showed up for this SOTU though, as he should.

Biden gets no sympathy from me. I didn't dislike him before either, but my goodness, IMO Biden has blood on his hands re Gaza. Biden needs to do better because the course he's on will have him remembered as Genocide Joe by me. I wonder how many American voters feel the same, and if his stance on Gaza could lose him the presidency.

Instead of age limits I think voters need to demand better choices from more than 2 parties.  Sadly that's unlikely to happen in my lifetime.

Between Joe and Trump, whoever energizes his base the most in the swing states and gets them to the voting booth will win the election.

• Like 1

Instead of age limits I think voters need to demand better choices from more than 2 parties.  Sadly that's unlikely to happen in my lifetime.

Between Joe and Trump, whoever energizes his base the most in the swing states and gets them to the voting booth will win the election.

Agreed. 

Why haven't the American voters been able to push for better candidates in either camp? Can't believe it's gonna be Biden vs Trump again.

1 minute ago, Super19 said:

Agreed. 

Why haven't the American voters been able to push for better candidates in either camp? Can't believe it's gonna be Biden vs Trump again.

Because when it comes down to it, the parties don't care what regular Americans want.  You just need to look at the 2016 Democratic candidate for proof of that. 

• Like 1
  • ThereItIs 1

2 minutes ago, Super19 said:

Agreed. 

Media spin.  In 2016, TRUMP got the equivalent of $2 billion in free airtime.  Shillary got a about half.  Bernie got about half of Shillary.   There were times that TRUMP was due to speak and they aired his empty podium while Bernie was speaking. 

Then in 2020, the DNC decided that Joe was the best choice to beat TRUMP.   He did.  He is the incumbent.   Anyone with any real aspirations of running for POTUS on the DNC side were not going to challenge the incumbent.  So that's why we have Joe.

TRUMP is TRUMP and the base has gone all googly eyes drooling dumbass for him.  

• Thanks 1

11 minutes ago, JoeyJoeJoeJr. Shabadoo said:

What meds are we talking about? I'm out of the loop on this one. 

If you've ever had a grandparent who had neurodegenerative issues, you can recognize the difference in demeanor and speech when they take meds. 

It's fairly obvious with Joe Biden.  He becomes the guy he was in the senate for decades.  You can also see it in his eyes that he's more alert than normal.  When Madge started shouting, he grabbed that button with Laken Riley's name on it and acknowledged her which shut Marge right down and she stayed quiet the rest of the speech.

I'm not well versed on the particular modern ones that they use now but I do know that just like the older meds, they lose their effectiveness over time.  Eventually they don't work as well.

• Cheers 1
  • Vintage 1

Whoulda thunk it.  The voters along with the mayor of San Francisco have finally decided to fight back against criminals and crime has started to plummet!! 

What a novel concept!!  Have the other criminal coddling cities been made aware of this?!?  /s

https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/us/san-francisco-mayor-touts-possibilities-after-voters-expand-police-powers-gets-tough-on-drug-users/ar-BB1jw6CI