US Politics Thread

Sharpshooter

23 minutes ago, Satchmo said:

You have every right to question my views but please do not question my comprehension or what I have researched. 

1) All depends on preconceived ideas I suppose.   I se no straight forward analogy.

2) America interferes in other countries politics.  This we know.  I believe you are ignoring Russian interference not to mention their aggression.  

3) Yes, the border is a mess.   It will take a non-partisan approach to correct it but the Republicans are putting politics over policy.

4) Like the failing US economy you mentioned?  Look again.

5) I can honestly say that (in my opinion) Biden is doing a wonderful job compared to that mean orange guy.

EDIT  - You have every right to respond but I'm done and will not.

How has the orange guy been mean to YOU?

How is it that the average African-Americans like him?

If he is so mean, why are his rallies always filled?

OR maybe he is mean only to his so called enemies. 

Are you his enemy? How? Why?

37 minutes ago, Satchmo said:

That is a pretty straight forward statement that needs no explanation, just a bit of comprehension.

I want you to explain how, so we can discuss it.

Don't fall for the mainstream media narrative, that's lazy.

7 minutes ago, Rocket Jay said:

Oh look, you need to do more digging.

This is my first in this forum and never been banned.

Problem is, when someone comes in and offers a different view point, you guys instantly get panicky instead of countering in a civilized factual manner.

Truth is, I have no horse in their race.

I am not pro Trump.

As I stated, there's no left nor right.

They are all elites that are taking advantaging of us, those that are in the bottom.

That had been the case from as far as one can remember, and it still is.

What I hate is anyone getting easily duped by these corrupt politicians.

We have to be better than that.

Biden has been a career politician, with virtually NOTHING to show for.

The fight is us versus the elites, and not amongst us.

I call bullshit on all of the bolded.....

• Cheers 3

54 minutes ago, Rocket Jay said:

How?

Fake electors, asking governor/s to "find" 10's of thousands of votes, inciting a mob to march on the capital to stop the certification, and asking his vice president not to certify the election "if he only had the guts to do the right thing".

• Cheers 2

So TRUMP posted the bond for the E. Jean Carrol case. 

https://newrepublic.com/post/179692/idiot-back-trump-bond-e-jean-carroll-trial-evan-greenberg

What Idiot Backed Trump’s Bond in E. Jean Carroll Trial? This One.

Good luck to this man.

Evan Greenberg sits on a chair and is speaking

Donald Trump raised a lot of eyebrows on Friday when he finally posted bond for E. Jean Carroll’s defamation lawsuit against him, amid reports that the former president is broke.

Trump posted a $91.6 million bond, which covers the $83.3 million he was ordered to pay in damages for defaming Carroll and interest for putting off payment for so long. He had repeatedly tried to get the deadline to pay delayed or get the total ruling amount reduced, but the presiding judge struck him down every time.

But the question on everyone’s mind is, how did Trump get that money together? He appears to be struggling to post bond in his multiple lawsuits and reportedly only has about $413 million in liquid assets. That’s not nearly enough to cover everything he owes in legal fines.

It turns out that Trump may have called in a major favor: Court records filed Friday show that the bond was guaranteed by the Chubb Corporation, an insurance group. In 2018, Trump appointed Chubb’s CEO Evan Greenberg to a White House advisory committee for trade policy and negotiations.

Trump only just managed to make his deadline to post bond. He had to post and then appeal by March 11, or Carroll’s lawyers could start collecting on damages. But his financial woes are far from over.

The former president still owes Carroll $5 million for her first lawsuit, when he was found liable for sexually abusing her and defaming her when denying the attack. Trump also owes more than $466 million for committing real estate–related fraud in New York. He was initially fined $354 million, but interest adds an additional $112,000 per day.

He owes $400,000 to The New York Times and has racked up thousands more in fines and gag-order violations during his myriad lawsuits. And just Thursday, Trump was ordered to pay $382,000 in legal fees for Orbis Business Intelligence, the consulting firm owned by former British intelligence officer Michael Steele. Trump had sued Orbis over a dossier Steele compiled in 2016 that alleged Trump and members of his inner circle had been “compromised” by Russia’s security service.

Edited by the destroyer of worlds
  • Cheers 2

1 minute ago, The Arrogant Worms said:

‘Nepo Chair’: Lara Trump Brutally Roasted After RNC Speech Highlighting Her Lack of Qualifications Goes Viral

https://www.mediaite.com/politics/nepo-chair-lara-trump-brutally-roasted-after-rnc-speech-highlighting-her-lack-of-qualifications-goes-viral/

And they go on and on about Hunter.  Why would anyone give the RNC money is beyond me.

• Cheers 3

Just now, The Arrogant Worms said:

US employers add a surprisingly strong 275,000 jobs in sign of continued economic strength

https://www.politico.com/news/2024/03/08/us-jobs-report-february-00146015

I thought that the US economy was a disaster and only TRUMP can save them.  At least that is according to the whack a mole troll.

• Cheers 4

I guess liberals and Democrats also get fact checked.  I thought it was only CONs that got checked, censored, banned.

https://www.factcheck.org/2024/03/factchecking-bidens-state-of-the-union/

FactChecking Biden’s State of the Union

His speech included misleading claims on inflation, crime, clean energy investments, wages and other subjects.

• Cheers 1

10 minutes ago, the destroyer of worlds said:

I guess liberals and Democrats also get fact checked.  I thought it was only CONs that got checked, censored, banned.

https://www.factcheck.org/2024/03/factchecking-bidens-state-of-the-union/

FactChecking Biden’s State of the Union

His speech included misleading claims on inflation, crime, clean energy investments, wages and other subjects.

Fact checking President Joe Biden’s State of the Union

https://www.cnn.com/2024/03/07/politics/fact-check-joe-biden-state-of-the-union/index.html

• Cheers 1

46 minutes ago, Rocket Jay said:

Why should he have enemies? I thought he was supposed to serve all Americans as president.

(Even though he really only serves himself as president but I'm sure you'll disagree with that no matter how true it is)

Edited by The Lock
  • Cheers 1

1 hour ago, Rocket Jay said:

Oh look, you need to do more digging.

This is my first in this forum and never been banned.

Problem is, when someone comes in and offers a different view point, you guys instantly get panicky instead of countering in a civilized factual manner.

Truth is, I have no horse in their race.

I am not pro Trump.

As I stated, there's no left nor right.

They are all elites that are taking advantaging of us, those that are in the bottom.

That had been the case from as far as one can remember, and it still is.

What I hate is anyone getting easily duped by these corrupt politicians.

We have to be better than that.

Biden has been a career politician, with virtually NOTHING to show for.

The fight is us versus the elites, and not amongst us.

I agree.  Biden is a career politician.

Your statements though out you for what and who you are.  To claim you are not pro trump but anti biden says a lot.

I don't support him, I just think he's a great guy and did absolutely nothing wrong and Biden is the devil

Kind of says a lot

• Cheers 2

1 hour ago, Rocket Jay said:

I want you to explain how, so we can discuss it.

Don't fall for the mainstream media narrative, that's lazy.

Fox news is the main stream media.  

SO I will not fall for it.

promise

1 hour ago, the destroyer of worlds said:

I thought that the US economy was a disaster and only TRUMP can save them.  At least that is according to the whack a mole troll.

Definitely don't agree with that, but the jobs report numbers were overshadowed a bit. The household employment figure is still weak. According to the household survey, unemployment rate rose to 3.9% vs the 3.7% forecast and 3.7% in January. The household survey indicated a decline of 184k employed individuals.

The Fed will still likely do rate cuts by May and surely by June. Dovish for the market. Stock market has been making new highs all year.

• Cheers 1

41 minutes ago, Super19 said:

Definitely don't agree with that, but the jobs report numbers were overshadowed a bit. The household employment figure is still weak. According to the household survey, unemployment rate rose to 3.9% vs the 3.7% forecast and 3.7% in January. The household survey indicated a decline of 184k employed individuals.

The Fed will still likely do rate cuts by May and surely by June. Dovish for the market. Stock market has been making new highs all year.

By Trumpian metrics that means Biden is better for the economy as Trump touted the stock market as a metric of economic health for the nation 

6 minutes ago, Warhippy said:

By Trumpian metrics that means Biden is better for the economy as Trump touted the stock market as a metric of economic health for the nation 

Not sure if you've heard Hip, but according to Bone Spurs, the stiock market is doing so well because of his poll numbers....:classic_rolleyes:

• Cheers 2

3 hours ago, Rocket Jay said:

The average African American hates him.