US Politics Thread

Sharpshooter

47 minutes ago, RupertKBD said:

Not sure if you've heard Hip, but according to Bone Spurs, the stiock market is doing so well because of his poll numbers....:classic_rolleyes:

You can't be serious.

I mean I know he's probably made that statement but seriously...?

• Cheers 1

3 minutes ago, The Arrogant Worms said:

The average African American hates him.

I loved Charles Barkley's comment:

"If I see a black person wearing a t-shirt with Trump's mug shot on it, I'm going to punch him in the face!" :classic_laugh:

• Haha 3
  • Upvote 1

Just now, Warhippy said:

You can't be serious.

I mean I know he's probably made that statement but seriously...?

Well, it's seriously bullshit, but yeah, he's saying that....

• Cheers 1

1 hour ago, Warhippy said:

By Trumpian metrics that means Biden is better for the economy as Trump touted the stock market as a metric of economic health for the nation 

Exactly, so expect Trump will probably argue that Biden's market is unsustainable growth. Me thinks any large pullback would be convenient for Trump to exploit. But that's just how the markets work, won't go up forever. I do think a non-stop run up right to elections would be very unhealthy for the markets though. 

• Upvote 1

18 minutes ago, RupertKBD said:

Well, it's seriously bullshit, but yeah, he's saying that....

LOL Orange Man is probably like "markets are forward looking" so they must OBVIOUSLY be pricing in MY victory

The guy will try to spin anything in his favour and some people eat it up. I guess any politician would though. Who has integrity out there?

Edited by Super19

2 minutes ago, Super19 said:

LOL Orange Man is probably like "markets are forward looking" so they must OBVIOUSLY be pricing in MY victory

The guy will try to spin anything in his favour and some people eat it up. I guess any politician would though. Who has integrity out there?

Hard to say....what I can say is that I can't think of one with less integrity than Trump....

Putin, maybe....:classic_unsure:

• Cheers 2

1 minute ago, RupertKBD said:

Hard to say....what I can say is that I can't think of one with less integrity than Trump....

Putin, maybe....:classic_unsure:

I'd say Bibi, but Bibi doesn't even try to hide the fact he's a monster. IMO.

• Cheers 3

2 hours ago, Sabrefan1 said:

I want to point something out with this....

Watch the video. Listen to the volume of the people booing her. Then listen to the applause at the end. The applause is much louder than the booing.

Context: it's important and clearly skewed in this article.

• Thanks 1

2 hours ago, Duodenum said:

James taunts Trump, trump fans boo her, and in the end everyone embarrasses themselves.

Yeah it's weird.  The people in power in the US have over the last few decades have carved this nation into 2 separate entities.  People are only now coming to realize it.  Unfortunately, like lemmings, too many are willing to follow their tribe over a cliff.

1 minute ago, The Lock said:

I want to point something out with this....

Watch the video. Listen to the volume of the people booing her. Then listen to the applause at the end. The applause is much louder than the booing.

Context: it's important and clearly skewed in this article.

It's the NY Post.  They're pretty right leaning these days.

The left leaning media refused to report on it.  So my choice was either Fox News, independent news sites that lean right, or the NY Post.  I went with the Post since it was a NY story.

1 minute ago, Sabrefan1 said:

It's the NY Post.  They're pretty right leaning these days.

The left leaning media refused to report on it.  So my choice was either Fox News, independent news sites that lean right, or the NY Post.  I went with the Post since it was a NY story.

Yeah, although I think, even if it had been reported by left leaning media, what are they going to say really? "A few people in a speech booed and yelled Trump a bunch of times."

That being said, perhaps if a few left-leaning media groups look right wing media articles and added more context like I just did in my initial response, there'd perhaps be a little less "extremism" about? I'm probably more hoping than anything but still.

• chaos 1

1 minute ago, The Lock said:

Yeah, although I think, even if it had been reported by left leaning media, what are they going to say really? "A few people in a speech booed and yelled Trump a bunch of times."

That being said, perhaps if a few left-leaning media groups look right wing media articles and added more context like I just did in my initial response, there'd perhaps be a little less "extremism" about? I'm probably more hoping than anything but still.

It's asking too much these days, but straight reporting of what happened from all of the news sources would be nice.  Sadly, those days are over.

• Cheers 1

6 minutes ago, Sabrefan1 said:

It's asking too much these days, but straight reporting of what happened from all of the news sources would be nice.  Sadly, those days are over.

Yeah, half the time I feel like I have to be an investigator myself just to be able to form my own opinion about things. There are very few sources I'm willing to read/listen to and consider whatever they say to be "well-balanced" and "probably correct".

Edited by The Lock
  • Vintage 1

14 minutes ago, Sabrefan1 said:

Thanks, Reagan.

1 hour ago, Sabrefan1 said:

The business plan for good journalism is broke. They cannot generate enough revenue as advertisers drift to online. Every quack has an angle to generate clicks. Half the kids have being an ‘influencer’ as their career goal. Create a following and add revenue will stream to your bank. Truth is secondary. Politicians love it as accountability disappears. Serious issues are never discussed. Canada is a classic example.

• Cheers 1

21 hours ago, CBH1926 said:

I watched Katie Britt’s rebuttal to Biden’s speech and it was cringeworthy.

Between her big continues smiles, being on verge of tears, sitting in the kitchen, angry high school drama and everything else in between. I guess this is how GOP thinks to capture that suburban soccer mom vote they think Trump lacks.

When was the last time one of these things wasn't cringeworthy? If cringeworthy is the worst adjective to describe it, 👍. There's been some BAD ones.  The night of the living dead from the bar in everyman's America was amazing. Then there was Rubio's water grab, hahaha. All I saw of the events was Biden screaming like a lunatic and Britts talking like she was awakened from a coma. Two or three minutes total.