US Politics Thread

Sharpshooter

6 hours ago, Boudrias said:

Of course much of what you say is true. But how do you fund the news we used to know? I would also throw out the idea that much of the M&A we saw in the industry was an attempt to cut costs by getting bigger. Didn’t work.

These days with the viewership the way it is they couldn't afford these new actors that they have now.  They'd have to actually hire real journalists who want to do the job properly.

The only reason to get bigger is to up your revenue, but that doesn't work well in entertainment.  That's how you lose your a*s.

19 hours ago, RupertKBD said:

Yeah, the comment just made me chuckle, so I couldn't resist.

FWIW, I found similar stories on other outlets, although most were right wing like the NYPost. The one that clinched it for me was The Hill, which is pretty much as middle of the road as you can find these days....

Don't blame ya.  It made me chuckle too and I said out loud to myself, "very true".  😂

I didn't see the hill article.  Though to be fair, part of the reason I settled on the Post story wasn't only because it was in state but because it was a quick easy read for any of the younger Millennials and the Gen Z'ers here.

Edited by Sabrefan1
Sentence structure

59 minutes ago, The Arrogant Worms said:

What a piece of shit

‘Bring the Country T-T-T-T-Together’: Trump Mocks Biden With Fake Stutter — While Offering ‘Open Hand’ To Democrats To Join MAGA

https://www.mediaite.com/trump/bring-the-country-t-t-t-t-together-trump-mocks-biden-with-fake-stutter-while-offering-open-hand-to-democrats-to-join-maga/

He is a loathsome, repugnant, disgusting pig. But hey, it worked so well for him the first time when he mocked a disabled reporter, why not try it again, right? 🤬🤬

• Cheers 2

20 minutes ago, Cerridwen said:

He is a loathsome, repugnant, disgusting pig. But hey, it worked so well for him the first time when he mocked a disabled reporter, why not try it again, right? 🤬🤬

Robert DeNiro didn't hold back when talking about Trump when he was on Real Time last night:

“The bottom line is, it’s Biden versus Trump. We want to live in a world that we want to live in and enjoy living in, or live in a nightmare,” De Niro said. “Vote for Trump and you’ll get the nightmare, vote for Biden and we’ll be back to normalcy.”

He continued: “I just don’t want to feel the way I did, and many of us don’t, after the election in 2016 where we couldn’t believe that it happened. The guy is a total monster.”

De Niro then went on to state that he would never play Trump.

“I’d never play him as an actor because I can’t see any good in him. Nothing. Nothing at all. Nothing redeemable in him,” De Niro said.

https://www.theguardian.com/film/2024/mar/09/nothing-redeemable-in-him-robert-de-niro-says-he-would-never-play-donald-trump

• Thanks 1
  • Cheers 1

26 minutes ago, NewbieCanuckFan said:

It was Hunter's birthday dinner btw.  GOP:  What a freak!  Sleepy Joe should've taken him to Denny's for a free birthday meal instead!

Cafe Milano on 7th has some of the best coffee in Vancouver.

• Haha 1

14 hours ago, UnkNuk said:

Margaret Hoover of "Firing Line" interviewed a guy named Tim Alberta a few months ago about why US evangelicals support Donald Trump.

Separation of church and state was invented because of people like this.

• Cheers 1

24 minutes ago, bishopshodan said:

Is there any cool people that like Trump?

I'm all about cool. 

Trump is pretty cold and likes Trump.

• Haha 1

Kimmel nails Trump to the wall and makes him a laughing stock of the entire Oscar's audience present and those watching at home!! Trump wrote a terribly disparaging post on his Truth Social account which Kimmel read aloud onstage and ended it with "I'm surprised you're still up....

image.jpeg.d3bc168b5c26633263f5a0c944bae7b1.jpeg

• Haha 2

18 minutes ago, Cerridwen said:

Kimmel nails Trump to the wall and makes him a laughing stock of the entire Oscar's audience present and those watching at home!! Trump wrote a terribly disparaging post on his Truth Social account which Kimmel read aloud onstage and ended it with "I'm surprised you're still up....

image.jpeg.d3bc168b5c26633263f5a0c944bae7b1.jpeg

Credit to @SilentSam  who posted this in the Ukraine thread.

• Haha 1
  • Cheers 3

4 minutes ago, Chicken. said:

I have a feeling he is a big chick-fil-a guy these days 

Nah, chick-fil-a only serves sandwiches, strips and nuggets plus they have salads, wraps, grilled chicken, fruit, yogurts etc. Their food is way too healthy for him.

Donny eats buckets of greasy chicken that only KFC can produce.

Edited by CBH1926