US Politics Thread

Sharpshooter

Macron of France is trying to broker a meeting between Biden and Putin in the next few days. Insurrection inside Russia is happening. Biden was the leading force that back Zelensky when Russia invaded. If Biden defeats Putin in Ukraine his support at the polls would benefit big time. Macron apppeared to be discrediting the rebel provinces that called on Putin for help in 2014. Macron seemed to suggest they would have no accreditation in any negotiation. 

• Tank 1

Just now, Boudrias said:

Macron of France is trying to broker a meeting between Biden and Putin in the next few days. Insurrection inside Russia is happening. Biden was the leading force that back Zelensky when Russia invaded. If Biden defeats Putin in Ukraine his support at the polls would benefit big time. Macron apppeared to be discrediting the rebel provinces that called on Putin for help in 2014. Macron seemed to suggest they would have no accreditation in any negotiation. 

Do you have a link to where you got this?

would be appreciated

15 minutes ago, 112 said:

Do you have a link to where you got this?

would be appreciated

Sorry I am tech limited. I just watch a video over on the Ukraine war thread. Posted by Sharps. The video was a phone conversation between Macron and Putin.

• Thanks 1

3 minutes ago, Boudrias said:

Sorry I am tech limited. I just watch a video over on the Ukraine war thread. Posted by Sharps. The video was a phone conversation between Macron and Putin.

All I saw was one that was posted today about a phone call that occurred 4 days prior to the invasion.  The time to negotiate with Putin has expired; the only resolution to this conflict is the complete extermination of his regime.

4 hours ago, Boudrias said:

This is another part from the same documentary?? This is Zelensky’s call to Macron at the start of the Russian invasion. 

This is a large file but I’ll leave it here until someone posts it fro Twitter or a better link.

Edited by 4petesake
Deleted. It’s been posted in the appropriate thread.

1 minute ago, King Heffy said:

All I saw was one that was posted today about a phone call that occurred 4 days prior to the invasion.  The time to negotiate with Putin has expired; the only resolution to this conflict is the complete extermination of his regime.

Sorry I screwed up. Totally agree that Putin could not be trusted on any agreement. He has shown himself to be a murderer and war criminal. 

• Cheers 1
  • MillerTime 1

3 minutes ago, Boudrias said:

Sorry I screwed up. Totally agree that Putin could not be trusted on any agreement. He has shown himself to be a murderer and war criminal. 

I did a double take when I saw it too, no harm done.

The so-called "Law and order" candidate / party.....:classic_rolleyes:

https://www.forbes.com/sites/siladityaray/2024/03/12/trump-vows-to-free-january-6-rioters-as-one-of-his-first-acts-if-elected-president/?sh=3ac368d8149f

Former President Donald Trump said Monday he intends to free imprisoned Jan. 6 rioters as one of his first acts as president if he wins the 2024 election.

Key Facts

In a post on his Truth Social platform, the former president and the sole remaining GOP candidate outlined plans for his first day in office if elected, and said he intends to “Free the January 6 Hostages being wrongfully imprisoned!”

Trump also said his first acts would also be to “Close the Border” and “DRILL, BABY, DRILL”.

While Trump previously said he would pardon a majority of the people convicted for their involvement in the riots, this is the first time he has suggested this will be a day-one priority for him.

• Sad 1

34 minutes ago, RupertKBD said:

It was well within his power to pardon them in his last days in office.  He didn't care about them then.  He's vote pandering now just like every other politician. 

2nd term pardons and commutations are risk free for him.

• Upvote 2

8 minutes ago, Sabrefan1 said:

It was well within his power to pardon them in his last days in office.  He didn't care about them then.  He's vote pandering now just like every other politician. 

2nd term pardons and commutations are risk free for him.

It would be pretty funny if he didn't pardon them twice.

• Haha 2
  • chaos 1

21 hours ago, The Arrogant Worms said:

He has also jumped the shark

In Playboy Magazine, he called organized religion "a sham and a crutch for weak-minded people."

He'd get my vote!

Edited by Gnarcore
  • ThereItIs 1

'Great point, Nancy': Mace mocked after saying TikTok ban isn't in the Constitution

https://www.rawstory.com/nancy-mace-tiktok/

Mace's take on constitutional law made its way over to X where viewers admitted they could not fault her on the facts, but didn't necessarily need it pointed out.

"The constitution doesn't address banning apps?" replied Bruce Goldberg. "Who knew???"

"How did they miss the App Store when they wrote the Constitution?" Rick Britt wanted to know.

Argued RollWithIt, "Those damn forefathers were worthless at foreseeing the future."

“'Great point, Nancy," replied @MeachamDr. "I wonder why."

"But...... Article 3, section 2 does say these are not the droids we're looking for," noted Robert C. Lewis. "And, in US vs. John Rutledge, the Supreme Court ruled that any restrictions to Androids also applied to Windows and Apple devices."

Mace also received some sass in regards to her self-described political identity.

"Nancy Mace is as libertarian as she is a good christian," said Harris Peskin.

"Follow up question," wrote @schwiftivious. "The libertarian' in you supports the Chinese Communist Party?"

• Cheers 1

Well, it's seems to be safe to say that people are just plain tired of good 'ol Joe.  His approval rating actually went down after his SOTU speech.  That's rare for a president after having given a decent speech.

I'm wondering if people are tired of the Democrat agenda in general or just Joe Biden in particular.

https://www.newsweek.com/joe-biden-approval-rating-sotu-address-2024-1878673#:~:text=Biden's approval rating currently stands,aggregator FiveThirtyEight's national average calculations.

2 hours ago, The Arrogant Worms said:

'Great point, Nancy': Mace mocked after saying TikTok ban isn't in the Constitution

https://www.rawstory.com/nancy-mace-tiktok/

Mace's take on constitutional law made its way over to X where viewers admitted they could not fault her on the facts, but didn't necessarily need it pointed out.

"The constitution doesn't address banning apps?" replied Bruce Goldberg. "Who knew???"

"How did they miss the App Store when they wrote the Constitution?" Rick Britt wanted to know.

Argued RollWithIt, "Those damn forefathers were worthless at foreseeing the future."

“'Great point, Nancy," replied @MeachamDr. "I wonder why."

"But...... Article 3, section 2 does say these are not the droids we're looking for," noted Robert C. Lewis. "And, in US vs. John Rutledge, the Supreme Court ruled that any restrictions to Androids also applied to Windows and Apple devices."

Mace also received some sass in regards to her self-described political identity.

"Nancy Mace is as libertarian as she is a good christian," said Harris Peskin.

"Follow up question," wrote @schwiftivious. "The libertarian' in you supports the Chinese Communist Party?"

IMG_9822.jpeg

• Cheers 1
  • Vintage 1