US Politics Thread

Sharpshooter

2 hours ago, RupertKBD said:

Disagree. I think gender plays into it a lot. 250 years.....not a single female POTUS and only one candidate.

As far as Kamala goes, what did Mike Pence do before he got into politics? What about Dan Quayle? Nobody knows. Nobody cares. You're probably onto something with her being black though.....although I'm not sure how you can think that's a factor and her gender isn't.

As I already did with @Gnarcore, we'll have to agree to disagree on that.

And they couldn't even vote for how much of that? 

• Cheers 1

5 hours ago, D.B Cooper said:

I could see gender playing SOME role, but I doubt significant.  
That would be ignoring who those two women are as people. 

There are still way too many North Americans like this guy:

• Thanks 3
  • Haha 1

28 minutes ago, Gnarcore said:

And they couldn't even vote for how much of that? 

A valid point G, still I think there's been more than enough time....

IMO, it's telling that majority Muslim countries like Indonesia and Pakistan have had women heads of state, while the US hasn't....

• Cheers 1
  • ThereItIs 1

19 minutes ago, RupertKBD said:

A valid point G, still I think there's been more than enough time....

IMO, it's telling that majority Muslim countries like Indonesia and Pakistan have had women heads of state, while the US hasn't....

What makes this more ironic is that both Indonesia and Pakistan have slightly under 50% female population vs 51.1% in the US. We can’t just look at American men as the roadblock so why are women less likely to vote for another woman?

• Cheers 1

1 minute ago, 4petesake said:

What makes this more ironic is that both Indonesia and Pakistan have slightly under 50% female population vs 51.1% in the US. We can’t just look at American men as the roadblock so why are women less likely to vote for another woman?

If we knew the answer to that question, we'd probably know why Kamala Harris is so loathed....

I don't believe it's because of her record as a prosecutor.

• Cheers 2

3 minutes ago, RupertKBD said:

If we knew the answer to that question, we'd probably know why Kamala Harris is so loathed....

Gaetz & Boebert and their ilk are proof enough that few care about Harris’s record as a prosecutor. 

• Cheers 2

On 3/16/2024 at 4:13 AM, Smashian Kassian said:

My personal opinion; based off not much other than the republican debates, some recent clips of Trump, and seeing dementia joe in action for 4 years, is that the Dems are probably scrambling to either replace Joe or 'alter' the process.

Trump is still an egotistical lunatic but is very popular - and a definite threat to their control. Although they did think Hilary would win in an absolute landslide, so maybe I'm giving their intellect/ability too much credit.

Its kinda crazy when you willingly/enthusiastically run a candidate so bad that even Donald Trump beats you, of all people. But to be fair they did drag Joe's carcass across the finish line, so maybe they have their shit in order.

Will be interesting to see what they do. Ultimately America could be headed towards divorce (probably for the best) and neither side can seemingly tolerate the other, so whats even the point. 

I mean we may as well also use the motif Dementia Don with how he's also messing up his teleprompter speeches.

• Like 2
  • Upvote 1

20 minutes ago, DSVII said:

I mean we may as well also use the motif Dementia Don with how he's also messing up his teleprompter speeches.

Both of them are well past their due date; though one of them is an obese fat f*** that likely still chows down Baconators daily.

14 minutes ago, NewbieCanuckFan said:

Both of them are well past their due date; though one of them is an obese fat f*** that likely still chows down Baconators daily.

Nah, he’s a double Big Mac guy. Look at that gut. 

• Haha 3

1 minute ago, NewbieCanuckFan said:

But he chases that down with a Diet Cola!🤪

It’s funnier when you visualize him giving a speech about how good for you Coca Cola zero sugar is and how it balances everything out.

• Haha 1

9 hours ago, NewbieCanuckFan said:

Elon Muskovite should still to talking about his electric vehiclees (that mainly are bought by the yuppie/commie/lefty/tree huggers that he despises 🤪)

I can’t stand Musk and his ugly ass cars that randomly catch on fire.

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 2

6 hours ago, RupertKBD said:

Should watch Tulsi tearing into her at the debate and I include myself there. I recall her completely destroying Harris but what she said eludes me currently. 

EDIT:  If this is all true from Tulsi Harris is a loathsome piece of shit. 

Edited by Gnarcore
  • Cheers 1

3 minutes ago, CBH1926 said:

I can’t stand Musk and his ugly ass cars that randomly catch on fire.

Tesla drivers are the new Audi and BMW drivers driving like assholes. 

• Cheers 2

52 minutes ago, Gnarcore said:

Tesla drivers are the new Audi and BMW drivers driving like assholes. 

In my neck of the woods, nothing beats assholes driving these gigantic fuckin’ pick up trucks.

Last few years, truck lifting has become like a national pastime.

Going back 20-30 years ago, you would see those types of vehicles only in rural communities.

Edited by CBH1926
  • Vintage 1

11 hours ago, Gnarcore said:

Should watch Tulsi tearing into her at the debate and I include myself there. I recall her completely destroying Harris but what she said eludes me currently. 

EDIT:  If this is all true from Tulsi Harris is a loathsome piece of shit. 

Aside from using Tulsi Gabbard's claims as your source, the fact remains that you didn't know about any of this until you decided to start researching Kamala's past. This was my point.

I'm reasonably sure that you could find enough to criticize any candidate if you dug hard enough and deep enough into their past. Most people don't know and most people don't care enough to look.

Again, we should agree to disagree. You believe Harris is unpopular because of the reasons that Tulsi brings up in that video. I do not. I believe that her gender plays a large role. You do not.

I believe that if Amy Klobuchar or Elizabeth Warren had been chosen Veep instead of Harris, their approval numbers would sit roughly where Harris' do. "She's mean to her staff". "She pretended to be Native American".....people will always find "reasons" to dislike female candidates....but they won't spend the same effort looking for the flaws in their male counterparts.

By now, it's clear that we don't see this the same way. That's okay. We can disagree about some things. That's what a discussion forum is for.

Trump fans: "Donald Trump is not a racist!"

Donald Trump:

“Can anybody believe that the Cleveland Indians, a storied and cherished baseball franchise since taking the name in 1915, are changing their name to the Guardians? Such a disgrace,” Trump said in a statement Friday.

“And I guarantee that the people who are most angry about it are the many Indians of our Country,” Trump added.

https://thehill.com/homenews/state-watch/564554-trump-says-many-indians-likely-upset-about-cleveland-guardians-name/

• Cheers 1

2 minutes ago, RupertKBD said:

Aside from using Tulsi Gabbard's claims as your source, the fact remains that you didn't know about any of this until you decided to start researching Kamala's past. This was my point.

I'm reasonably sure that you could find enough to criticize any candidate if you dug hard enough and deep enough into their past. Most people don't know and most people don't care enough to look.

Again, we should agree to disagree. You believe Harris is unpopular because of the reasons that Tulsi brings up in that video. I do not. I believe that her gender plays a large role. You do not.

I believe that if Amy Klobuchar or Elizabeth Warren had been chosen Veep instead of Harris, their approval numbers would sit roughly where Harris' do. "She's mean to her staff". "She pretended to be Native American".....people will always find "reasons" to dislike female candidates....but they won't spend the same effort looking for the flaws in their male counterparts.

By now, it's clear that we don't see this the same way. That's okay. We can disagree about some things. That's what a discussion forum is for.

Actually, I full on said her history as a prosecutor was why I didn't like her. I may have forgotten some of what is claimed she did but not all. 

I agree that Warren would be about the same and Amy maybe too. Mostly my point is that there are reasons to dislike Harris. Are people disliking her for other reasons...in many cases sure. 

I liked Tulsi before she went full CPAC. 

• Cheers 1

1 minute ago, RupertKBD said:

Nothing to do with Demented Don but there is actually a group of Native Americans trying to get the NFL team in DC to go back to the old logo as it was a specific chief and their issue wasn't the logo but the name of Redskins. Whereas the Indians logo...uhm ya....  Also the most storied thing about that franchise is the movie Major League...