US Politics Thread

Sharpshooter

5 minutes ago, Gnarcore said:

Actually, I full on said her history as a prosecutor was why I didn't like her. I may have forgotten some of what is claimed she did but not all. 

I agree that Warren would be about the same and Amy maybe too. Mostly my point is that there are reasons to dislike Harris. Are people disliking her for other reasons...in many cases sure. 

I liked Tulsi before she went full CPAC. 

And do you actually believe that it's why the 65% or so people who disapprove of her do so? Or do you believe (as I do) there might be another reason?

This is the crux of our disagreement.

Just now, RupertKBD said:

And do you actually believe that it's why the 65% or so people who disapprove of her do so? Or do you believe (as I do) there might be another reason?

This is the crux of our disagreement.

I have stated several times no. That is the crux of your disagreement. My disagreement is that she is in any way likable. 

7 minutes ago, Gnarcore said:

Actually, I full on said her history as a prosecutor was why I didn't like her. I may have forgotten some of what is claimed she did but not all. 

I agree that Warren would be about the same and Amy maybe too. Mostly my point is that there are reasons to dislike Harris. Are people disliking her for other reasons...in many cases sure. 

I liked Tulsi before she went full CPAC. 

I've had this conversation with Rup as well, there are many reasons to legitimately not like Harris. I was really hoping that they would find a more palatable VP because I do think it's going to be a big part of the election.

• Cheers 1

7 minutes ago, RupertKBD said:

He’s actually not wrong.  
The team is being sued by a native group wanting the name and logo to stay.  
Just like when Edmonton Eskimos changed their name.  

It tends to be woke white folks who claim it’s racist and push to get the changes.  

Just now, Bob Long said:

I've had this conversation with Rup as well, there are many reasons to legitimately not like Harris. I was really hoping that they would find a more palatable VP because I do think it's going to be a big part of the election.

Should people care that she is a woman of color? No. Do they? Yes. Well, accept the reality and pick someone stronger. It sucks but do what ever it takes to keep Dementia Don out of the Oval Office. 

1 minute ago, D.B Cooper said:

He’s actually not wrong.  
The team is being sued by a native group wanting the name and logo to stay.  
Just like when Edmonton Eskimos changed their name.  

It tends to be woke white folks who claim it’s racist and push to get the changes.  

He is wrong. Changing a sports franchise name from something racist is never "a disgrace".

• Thanks 1

1 minute ago, Gnarcore said:

Should people care that she is a woman of color? No. Do they? Yes. Well, accept the reality and pick someone stronger. It sucks but do what ever it takes to keep Dementia Don out of the Oval Office. 

I think for lefty voters it's more about her prosecution history tbh. Maybe some righties care about her race but those folks were never voting for her anyway.

• Cheers 1

2 minutes ago, RupertKBD said:

He is wrong. Changing a sports franchise name from something racist is never "a disgrace".

As usual, his words are crazy and all around fucked, but at the end of the day it wasn’t the ‘Indians’ calling for the name change.   
It was the far left. 
Same as the Eskimos, which to this day Inuit folks are still saying change the name back to Eskimos. 

Shouldnt the people in that specific group be the ones to decide if it’s racist, not some bored white folks?

3 minutes ago, Bob Long said:

Yes, we've had this debate before and I still maintain that you two are some of the few who actually dislike her for a legitimate reason. My point has always been that the majority of people who dislike her, do so for other reasons.....reasons that, IMHO, they wouldn't have the guts to say in mixed company.

We'll probably remain at odds on this, because you aren't going to convince me otherwise, by posting a Tulsi Gabbard video.

As far as finding a ,ore "palatable" running mate for Biden, I put that in the "Be careful what you wish for" category. Two areas of the electorate that the Democrats rely on are women and minorities. Do you really believe that kicking someone who is both off the ticket will be the magic bullet that propels Biden to victory?

Once again, I disagree.

Just now, RupertKBD said:

Yes, we've had this debate before and I still maintain that you two are some of the few who actually dislike her for a legitimate reason. My point has always been that the majority of people who dislike her, do so for other reasons.....reasons that, IMHO, they wouldn't have the guts to say in mixed company.

We'll probably remain at odds on this, because you aren't going to convince me otherwise, by posting a Tulsi Gabbard video.

As far as finding a ,ore "palatable" running mate for Biden, I put that in the "Be careful what you wish for" category. Two areas of the electorate that the Democrats rely on are women and minorities. Do you really believe that kicking someone who is both off the ticket will be the magic bullet that propels Biden to victory?

Once again, I disagree.

So your idea doesn't really add up tho. Millions of Democrats that don't like Harris, voted for Hillary.

6 minutes ago, D.B Cooper said:

As usual, his words are crazy and all around fucked, but at the end of the day it wasn’t the ‘Indians’ calling for the name change.   
It was the far left. 
Same as the Eskimos, which to this day Inuit folks are still saying change the name back to Eskimos. 

Shouldnt the people in that specific group be the ones to decide if it’s racist, not some bored white folks?

https://www.news5cleveland.com/sports/baseball/indians/cleveland-american-indian-movement-to-protest-outside-progressive-field-before-home-opener

The Cleveland American Indian Movement (AIM) held a demonstration on Opening Day in an ongoing effort to persuade owners of the baseball franchise to cease using its “Indians” moniker.

On Monday, members and supporters of the movement met at 2 p.m. at Gate C, located at East 9th Street and Bolivar Street.

5 minutes ago, Bob Long said:

So your idea doesn't really add up tho. Millions of Democrats that don't like Harris, voted for Hillary.

Sorry, I don't understand your point here....:classic_unsure:

17 minutes ago, RupertKBD said:

I should be more clear on my stance.  Lol

IMO, the Cleveland logo is racist as shit and didn’t have the same meaning and history as the Eskimos or Redskins. 
But my point is, I’m not a native person, so my opinion on it doesn’t mean shit.  
I refer to the people of that race to make that decision. 
Even though I am 1/4 black(I don’t know where from) I don’t even really speak to that, as I’m white as fuck. 
I’ve seen a lot more native folks oppose these name changes, and a lot of white folks say it’s awful.  

https://www.washingtonpost.com/local/new-poll-finds-9-in-10-native-americans-arent-offended-by-redskins-name/2016/05/18/3ea11cfa-161a-11e6-924d-838753295f9a_story.html

• Cheers 1

1 hour ago, RupertKBD said:

Amazing how Trump apologists will move on right away  with this and his multitude of other sins.

Meanwhile….Kamala does’t floss every day, EW said she was an Indian,  etc. etc. 

Just can’t forgive and forget when it comes to the women.

• Cheers 2

19 minutes ago, D.B Cooper said:

I should be more clear on my stance.  Lol

IMO, the Cleveland logo is racist as shit and didn’t have the same meaning and history as the Eskimos or Redskins. 
But my point is, I’m not a native person, so my opinion on it doesn’t mean shit.  
I refer to the people of that race to make that decision. 
Even though I am 1/4 black(I don’t know where from) I don’t even really speak to that, as I’m white as fuck. 
I’ve seen a lot more native folks oppose these name changes, and a lot of white folks say it’s awful.  

https://www.washingtonpost.com/local/new-poll-finds-9-in-10-native-americans-arent-offended-by-redskins-name/2016/05/18/3ea11cfa-161a-11e6-924d-838753295f9a_story.html

To be fair, this is anon. hockey message board so everyone's opinion on politics would tend to fall in this category (doesn't mean sh*t).😊

47 minutes ago, RupertKBD said:

Sorry, I don't understand your point here....:classic_unsure:

you are claiming that the main reason people don't like Harris is that she's a woman, but she's highly unpopular among democratic voters that have supported women. 

17 hours ago, Snoop Hogg said:

It’s funnier when you visualize him giving a speech about how good for you Coca Cola zero sugar is and how it balances everything out.

What are the demographics for Obese people voting for Dump? Diet cokes, Big Macs. So relatable. 

19 minutes ago, The Arrogant Worms said:

BREAKING: Trump Says Paying $465 Million Fraud Bond is a ‘Practical Impossibility’ in New Court Filing

https://www.mediaite.com/trump/breaking-trump-says-paying-465-million-fraud-bond-is-a-practical-impossibility-in-new-court-filing/

simple solution, seize his property, and sell it to pay the fine.

Continue to sell property, until the fine is paid.

Make sure to sell the property for cheap, as to ensure a money return.

• Thanks 1
  • Cheers 1
  • ThereItIs 1