US Politics Thread

Sharpshooter

https://www.cnbc.com/2024/03/22/trump-could-net-3-billion-from-dwac-social-media-merger-vote.html

Trump social media company will go public as DWAC shareholders approve merger

i get this doesnt fix or impact Mondays $500m deadline, which I wonder whats gonna happen with that.. but a big windfall nonetheless it seems. Wild how this happens i dont know a single person that uses truth social 🤔 

• Cheers 2
  • Upvote 1

23 minutes ago, Chicken. said:

https://www.cnbc.com/2024/03/22/trump-could-net-3-billion-from-dwac-social-media-merger-vote.html

Trump social media company will go public as DWAC shareholders approve merger

i get this doesnt fix or impact Mondays $500m deadline, which I wonder whats gonna happen with that.. but a big windfall nonetheless it seems. Wild how this happens i dont know a single person that uses truth social 🤔 

This was discussed a few weeks back. While it looks like a windfall for Trump, he can't sell his shares for a certain time period. (I think it was six months, but I'm not sure)

So this doesn't help him posting bond, unless some lender is willing to take those shares as collateral. Although this is possible, one has to wonder whether they would do so, for what looks to be a seriously overvalued company.

I guess we'll find out soon enough.

• ThereItIs 1

1 minute ago, RupertKBD said:

This was discussed a few weeks back. While it looks like a windfall for Trump, he can't sell his shares for a certain time period. (I think it was six months, but I'm not sure)

So this doesn't help him posting bond, unless some lender is willing to take those shares as collateral. Although this is possible, one has to wonder whether they would do so, for what looks to be a seriously overvalued company.

I guess we'll find out soon enough.

Yeah I recall, though I saw it is actually approved now so felt worth a rehash.
6 months, just before November election time,  fun times ahead indeed. 

• Cheers 1

4 minutes ago, Chicken. said:

I read the next step was seizing his NY assets

If I was Lettie James, the first thing I would grab is Trump Tower....then I'd remove the second "T"....

• Vintage 2

4 minutes ago, King Heffy said:

At what point does Trump get held in contempt of court and thrown in jail if he refuses to pay up?

He doesn't do jail time--- for this case.

Here the courts will just take his stuff and sell it off, hopefully for really low prices, so they have to sell a lot of stuff.

I would love to see:

those 'gold' toilets being carted out in a dolly.

Drumpf tower sold, and used for low cost housing or the like, maybe a whole pile of 'outreach' offices, dental clinics for the needy.- and so on.

Larda mango gets sold  and turned into a state/national park.

• Cheers 1
  • Upvote 1

1 minute ago, Gurn said:

Here the courts will just take his stuff and sell it off, hopefully for really low prices, so they have to sell a lot of stuff.

I would love to see:

Drumpf tower sold, and used for low cost housing or the like, maybe a whole pile of 'outreach' offices, dental clinics for the needy.- and so on.

I think it would be a great place to house all those immigrants that Abbott and Desantis (worst comedy team ever, BTW) keep bussing up to NY.

Just imagine Bone Spurs' head exploding when he hears about the Garcia family from Honduras living in his Penthouse digs.....

• Like 2
  • ThereItIs 1

5 minutes ago, Gurn said:

I would love to see:

Fun to dream eh 😆

I think Mega Mango is off limits since its in Florida but I could be wrong.

i also think assets that he is only a partial owner of get tricky to seize/sell, so if anything it would probably be his NY golf courses 

• Upvote 1

Just now, Chicken. said:

Fun to dream eh 😆

I think Mega Mango is off limits since its in Florida but I could be wrong.

i also think assets that he is only a partial owner of get tricky to seize/sell, so if anything it would probably be his NY golf courses 

Mega Mango is not totally off limits but they would have to involve Florida's judicial system and who knows how that would go.   Quicker and easier just to keep it all contained to New York state.   

• Cheers 1

10 minutes ago, nuckin_futz said:

"4D Chess"..... Remember in the early days, how his supporters on CDC would claim it was all a part of the master plan? :classic_rolleyes:

Is there a single person left out there that doesn't think this guy is a complete moron? :picard:

• Cheers 3

2 minutes ago, RupertKBD said:

"4D Chess"..... Remember in the early days, how his supporters on CDC would claim it was all a part of the master plan? :classic_rolleyes:

Is there a single person left out there that doesn't think this guy is a complete moron? :picard:

Clock Tick Tock GIF by MOODMAN

I can think of one somewhere

• Thanks 1

28 minutes ago, Chicken. said:

Pretty volatile stock overall. Huge Jump beginning of this year…

02D00985-85B7-43BB-B678-0C2060DFB014.png

Ya.  I think the $3 billion valuation is based on some rosie rose coloured glasses.  No way the valuation survives to the point where TRUMP can dump his stock.  And yes, dump is what the next move is for this.

Edited by the destroyer of worlds

1 minute ago, the destroyer of worlds said:

Ya.  I think the $3 billion valuation is based on some rosie rose coloured glasses.  No way the valuation survives to the point where TRUMP can dump his stock.  And yes, dump is what the next move is for this.

he'll find a way to offer shares to the hoopleheads and they'll line up to buy them. I suspect he'll also be granted an extension now to meet his bond. 

1 minute ago, Chicken. said:

My conspiracy is i always thought EP was HS. Gives off the realtor vibes too lol 

Anything is possible. Still, I think CFF was allowing former banned CDC users to join. If that were the case, I would have expected him to came back as Harvey.....although he might still be embarrassed about his actions in the Vegas shooting thread.

• Vintage 1