US Politics Thread

Sharpshooter

3 minutes ago, Bob Long said:

he'll find a way to offer shares to the hoopleheads and they'll line up to buy them. I suspect he'll also be granted an extension now to meet his bond. 

Except he said he has the cash.  Either he's lying, trying to get out of paying or he's lying and he can't pay.  Either way, he's lying.

5 minutes ago, the destroyer of worlds said:

Ya.  I think the $3 billion valuation is based on some rosie rose coloured glasses.  No way the valuation survives to the point where TRUMP can dump his stock.  And yes, dump is what the next move is for this.

I think it would be poetic justice if Trump had 3.5 billion in shares and then had to sit and watch them become next to worthless before he could sell any....

• Cheers 1
  • MillerTime 2

Just now, the destroyer of worlds said:

Except he said he has the cash.  Either he's lying, trying to get out of paying or he's lying and he can't pay.  Either way, he's lying.

he's always lying. Even when he says "hello" its a lie. But this is too juicy of an opportunity to pass up. Maybe he'll just try to use his shares in this as his "bond". I don't know the rules about what can or cannot be used, but if there's a way, this BS will be it. 

• Cheers 2

1 hour ago, RupertKBD said:

I think it would be poetic justice if Trump had 3.5 billion in shares and then had to sit and watch them become next to worthless before he could sell any....

Which I see happening.

• Cheers 1

3 minutes ago, Maninthebox said:

I just saw a headline for "anus eating virus". I didn't read the article or know anything about it, but it made me think of this thread, which I also do not read.

Thanks for dropping by to let us know.  Be sure to keep us all informed.

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 3

2 hours ago, Bob Long said:

he's always lying. Even when he says "hello" its a lie. But this is too juicy of an opportunity to pass up. Maybe he'll just try to use his shares in this as his "bond". I don't know the rules about what can or cannot be used, but if there's a way, this BS will be it. 

I've often said, he would lie to you about what he had for breakfast for the sheer thrill of lying to you about what he had for breakfast.

No one and I mean NO ONE will take these shares as collateral. #1) the shares are subject to a 'lock up' of 6 months. #2) The company doesn't make money and has no real hope of making money anytime soon/ever. Long term the shares are crap.

Everyone on Wall St knows this is a shit sandwich. Of course that doesn't mean the shares can't be taken for a joy ride and run to insane levels. If that's the case he will have to sit and watch.

• Cheers 1
  • Vintage 1

2 hours ago, RupertKBD said:

"4D Chess"..... Remember in the early days, how his supporters on CDC would claim it was all a part of the master plan? :classic_rolleyes:

Is there a single person left out there that doesn't think this guy is a complete moron? :picard:

Sadly go on Twitter/X and just read some tweets. He has a legion of fans who believe he is a victim.

• Cheers 1

41 minutes ago, Maninthebox said:

I just saw a headline for "anus eating virus". I didn't read the article or know anything about it, but it made me think of this thread, which I also do not read.

Good luck with your virus. Doesn't sound like Zithro is gonna do the trick

• Cheers 2

1 hour ago, Maninthebox said:

"I don't read this thread, because it's full of posts that I strongly disagree with!" :frantic:

"....posts that I don't read......" :classic_unsure:

Edited by RupertKBD
  • Thanks 1
  • Confused 1
  • ThereItIs 2

Trump Tower is believed to be not one of the assets being looked at for seizure because he sold off almost all the private condos and what he does own is leveraged so badly it isn't worth it. The golf clubs however....

• Thanks 2
  • Cheers 1

23 minutes ago, Elias Pettersson said:

So according to CNN, the property Trump used to commit bank fraud by valuing it at $150 million when, according to Letitia James and Judge Engoron, it was only worth $18 million … can be sold for $240 million to help pay the fine for fraudulently overvaluing the property?   🤣

Let's see the article Petey

23 minutes ago, Elias Pettersson said:

So according to CNN, the property Trump used to commit bank fraud by valuing it at $150 million when, according to Letitia James and Judge Engoron, it was only worth $18 million … can be sold for $240 million to help pay the fine for fraudulently overvaluing the property?   🤣

Since when has the borrower told the lender what a property was worth? I thought valuations were based on income generated, replacement cost and market comparables. All of this would have been reviewed and determined by the lender. Did Trump lie about income generated? 

1 minute ago, Boudrias said:

Since when has the borrower told the lender what a property was worth? I thought valuations were based on income generated, replacement cost and market comparables. All of this would have been reviewed and determined by the lender. Did Trump lie about income generated? 

From what I read, Trump gave the banks HIS valuations, which is typical in real estate transactions when you are looking to borrow money.  The banks, as they normally do, did their own due diligence, appraised the properties using their own valuation techniques, and then actually approved Trump for loans on those properties on LOWER valuations that what was given to them by Trump.  It really doesn't matter if you lie about your income generated because the banks would get that information from the appraisal of the property.  

This is what I read and this is actually what typically occurs when you are borrowing money on buildings and other commercial properties...

• Cheers 1

Another House Republican just quit and MTG filed to oust Speaker Johnson.

This is right after Trump's takeover of the RNC and diverting their donations to himself.

Republican chances at election victory are diminishing every day as they continue to implode.

• Cheers 2
  • Vintage 1

On 3/22/2024 at 11:56 AM, NewbieCanuckFan said:

Saudis have this "immunity" (at least with those with power).  Weren't the majority of 9/11 hijackers Saudis (as well as the "mastermind" behind the operation)?

But let's spend time on Sleepy Joe's son truck (GOP).🕵️‍♀️

The Saudi's have so much money that too many in the US government will roll over and play tricks if told to.  Many in the US were dumbfounded about why Iraq was invaded when it was discovered that Saudi citizens were the hijackers.  It's one of the reasons why I still think performance-wise Dubya is the worst president in my lifetime.  I can flesh that out a little if you're curious.

As for Joe's son.  The GOP fascination is coming from the extreme right wingers who could force another Speaker vacate vote if they aren't pandered to.  There's talk of the Republicans changing the rules to invalidate them if they keep their majority next year.  They know how silly they've looked so far.  I don't feel bad for them.  They're getting attacked by a monster of their own creation.

Edited by Sabrefan1
Grammar
  • Upvote 3