US Politics Thread

Sharpshooter

I’ve been watching news reports on CNN about the destruction of the bridge in Baltimore early this morning.

This terrible news for the good people of of Charm city. I hope that the politicians of all stripes will rise above the temptation to politicize this.

Edited by PistolPete13
  • Cheers 2

1 hour ago, Gurn said:

another day- another gag order- how many days.. err minutes till Drumpf ignores the order?

https://www.msn.com/en-ca/news/world/judge-hands-trump-another-gag-order-as-he-grants-restrictions-in-hush-money-trial/ar-BB1kzVO0?ocid=msedgdhp&pc=U531&cvid=403a0ce3ba364dd2bcb5a8aa5c0cadac&ei=20

'Donald Trump will be restricted from making any public statements about witnesses, jurors, lawyers, court staff and their families, according to a partial gag order from New York Justice Juan Merchan, who is overseeing the so-called hush money case against the former president.

The judge’s order, issued hours after Mr Trump lashed out at his daughter on his Truth Social, blocks the former president from making any such statements “made with the intent to materially interfere” with any work in the case, which is scheduled to go to trial on 15 April.

Manhattan District Attorney Alvin Bragg requested a limited gag order last month, citing Mr Trump’s “long history” of “inflammatory” remarks aimed at the prosecutors, judges, court staff and others wrapped up in his mountain of criminal and civil litigation

The district attorney’s office also pointed to Mr Trump’s threatening social media posts, including a photo he posted that depicts him wielding a baseball bat at the back of Mr Bragg’s head.

The February filing from Mr Bragg’s office also notes that his office received at least two “terroristic mailings” that included envelopes with white powder following Mr Trump’s ongoing attacks against the prosecutors leading the cases against him.

------------------------

MAL

Judge to the Dotard:

IMG_9823.jpeg

• Cheers 1
  • Vintage 1

3 hours ago, nuckin_futz said:

IMO the joyride was today. I don't have a problem with the $2 price prediction. I think it will get there eventually. 25 years and nearly 40,000 hours monitoring price action tells me your opinion is wrong. But that's the beauty of the market it takes two differing opinions to make a trade. If you plan to buy any of this please use a sensible stop loss.

Me personally, no I’m not touching this stock. I was semi thinking about buying it when it was $16 but didn’t pull the trigger. I wasn’t sure the IPO would ever happen. 

$2. Well we will see. IMO there are too many Trump supporters to have the stock tank that much. But I guess if he loses the election all bets are off. If he ends up going to jail then yah the stock probably gets delisted. 

Edited by Elias Pettersson

30 minutes ago, Elias Pettersson said:

Me personally, no I’m not touching this stock. I was semi thinking about buying it when it was $16 but didn’t pull the trigger. I wasn’t sure the IPO would ever happen. 

$2. Well we will see. IMO there are too many Trump supporters to have the stock tank that much. But I guess if he loses the election all bets are off. If he ends up going to jail then yah the stock probably gets delisted. 

From what I have read once Trump starts to sell all his shares it will tank.  Sadly I think people will get burned just because they are MAGA.

I still don't understand buying shares in a company that isnt making money.  You probably have insight into it though.

Edited by The Arrogant Worms

3 hours ago, Gurn said:

another day- another gag order- how many days.. err minutes till Drumpf ignores the order?

https://www.msn.com/en-ca/news/world/judge-hands-trump-another-gag-order-as-he-grants-restrictions-in-hush-money-trial/ar-BB1kzVO0?ocid=msedgdhp&pc=U531&cvid=403a0ce3ba364dd2bcb5a8aa5c0cadac&ei=20

'Donald Trump will be restricted from making any public statements about witnesses, jurors, lawyers, court staff and their families, according to a partial gag order from New York Justice Juan Merchan, who is overseeing the so-called hush money case against the former president.

The judge’s order, issued hours after Mr Trump lashed out at his daughter on his Truth Social, blocks the former president from making any such statements “made with the intent to materially interfere” with any work in the case, which is scheduled to go to trial on 15 April.

Manhattan District Attorney Alvin Bragg requested a limited gag order last month, citing Mr Trump’s “long history” of “inflammatory” remarks aimed at the prosecutors, judges, court staff and others wrapped up in his mountain of criminal and civil litigation

The district attorney’s office also pointed to Mr Trump’s threatening social media posts, including a photo he posted that depicts him wielding a baseball bat at the back of Mr Bragg’s head.

The February filing from Mr Bragg’s office also notes that his office received at least two “terroristic mailings” that included envelopes with white powder following Mr Trump’s ongoing attacks against the prosecutors leading the cases against him.

------------------------

MAL

I'm waiting for a judge to tell him he either cuts out all of the domestic terrorism or he can enjoy pre-trial detention with his cellmate treating him the same way he treats 13 year old girls.

• Cheers 1

2 hours ago, The Arrogant Worms said:

Trump Goes on Bizarre Rant About ‘CROOKED JOE BUDEN’ Who ‘DISINFORMATES AND ‘MISINFORMATES’ About Obamacare

https://www.mediaite.com/opinion/trump-goes-on-bizarre-rant-about-crooked-joe-buden-who-disinformates-and-misinformates-about-obamacare/

I’m not running to terminate the ACA, AS CROOKED JOE BUDEN DISINFORMATES AND MISINFORMATES ALL THE TIME, I’m running to CLOSE THE BORDER, STOP INFLATION, MAKE OUR ECONOMY GREAT, STRENGTHEN OUR MILITARY, AND MAKE THE ACA, or OBAMACARE, AS IT IS KNOWN, MUCH BETTER, STRONGER, AND FAR LESS EXPENSIVE. IN OTHER WORDS, MAKE THE ACA MUCH, MUCH, MUCH BETTER FOR FAR LESS MONEY (OR COST) TO OUR GREST AMERICAN CITIZENS, WHO HAVE BEEN DECIMATED BY BIDEN, HIS RECORD INFLATION, BAD ECONOMY, AFGHANISTAN CATASTROPHE, AND JUST ABOUT EVERYTHING ELSE. CROOKED JOE BIDEN IS, BY FAR, THE WORST PRESIDENT IN THE HISTORY OF THE UNITED STATES! MAGA2024

"You're going to end up with great healthcare for a fraction of the price. And that's going to take place immediately." Trump, 2/19/16

"The new plan is good. It's going to be inexpensive. It's going to be much better for the people at the bottom, people that don't have any money." Trump, 2/18/16

"Everybody's going to be covered. I'm going to take care of everybody." Trump 9/27/15

"We're going to have insurance for everybody." Trump, 1/15/17

"We're gonna come up with a new pan that's going to be better health care for more people at a lesser cost." Trump, 1/25/17

And "Nobody knew health care could be so complicated." Trump, February 28, 2017

Joe-Budden-2012.jpg

Budden's hat is a little crooked here.

• Haha 2
  • Cheers 1

47 minutes ago, Elias Pettersson said:

Remember workhorse. 

Ya...how'd that work out?

Rivian?  Remark?

The fundamental issue with Trumps stock is that much like the others, there's no credible product behind it and the valuation based on such is so insanely high that people will dump money in to this stonk and lose everything.

if there's any serious justice in the world, Trump will force a sale of his shares ot raise money via special exemption only to then see the stock tank while he gets investigated for market fixing.

• Cheers 3

37 minutes ago, The Arrogant Worms said:

From what I have read once Trump starts to sell all his shares it will tank.  Sadly I think people will get burned just because they are MAGA.

I still don't understand buying shares in a company that isnt making money.  You probably have insight into it though.

I agree and they’ll blame Biden for it.

2 hours ago, The Arrogant Worms said:

Dems renew demand that GOP investigates Jared Kushner's overseas business dealings

https://www.rawstory.com/jared-kushner-business-dealings/

The GOP already shut down one demand for an investigation while also still years later pursung the now apparently and blatantly false Hunter Biden story.

The insanity never sleeps.  Kushner randomly got 2 BILLION from the suadis and days/weeks later specific individuals in the know of US intelligence went missing or were apprehended and imprisoned in Saudi Arabia

That's worth investigating.

• Vintage 2

3 hours ago, Warhippy said:

The GOP already shut down one demand for an investigation while also still years later pursung the now apparently and blatantly false Hunter Biden story.

The insanity never sleeps.  Kushner randomly got 2 BILLION from the suadis and days/weeks later specific individuals in the know of US intelligence went missing or were apprehended and imprisoned in Saudi Arabia

That's worth investigating.

Probably not random at all. The reporting is that the day before MBS went on his purge/shake down jailing his cousins and various princes that Kushner handed him a list and said "these are your enemies". Given what MBS was able to squeeze out of them $2 billion was money well spent. Then of course there's the administration's looking the other way on the butchering of American resident Jamal Kashogghi.

• Cheers 1

4 hours ago, Warhippy said:

Remember workhorse. 

Ya...how'd that work out?

Rivian?  Remark?

The fundamental issue with Trumps stock is that much like the others, there's no credible product behind it and the valuation based on such is so insanely high that people will dump money in to this stonk and lose everything.

if there's any serious justice in the world, Trump will force a sale of his shares ot raise money via special exemption only to then see the stock tank while he gets investigated for market fixing.

Rivian is not credible? It least it builds something tangible.

A little background on this tweet:

Phil Lyman is a Republican who is running for Governor of Utah. His original tweet was in response to an earlier post by some group of assholes called the Young Conservatives Federation, who had claimed that Port of Baltimore Commissioner Karenthia A. Barber, who is Black, "knows nothing about ports".

In other words, in the opinion (such as it is) of the Utah Gubernatorial candidate, the collapse of the Francis Scott Key Bridge, was caused by DEI ..... :picard:

8 minutes ago, RupertKBD said:

Phil Lyman is a Republican who is running for Governor of Utah. His original tweet was in response to an earlier post by some group of assholes called the Young Conservatives Federation, who had claimed that Port of Baltimore Commissioner Karenthia A. Barber, who is Black, "knows nothing about ports".

In other words, in the opinion (such as it is) of the Utah Gubernatorial candidate, the collapse of the Francis Scott Key Bridge, was caused by DEI ..... :picard:

4 minutes ago, RupertKBD said:

I'm surprised they haven't targeted vaccines over it.

And the Canadian version: "Dammit Justin!  It's your fault!  Again!" :classic_rolleyes:

• Cheers 2

15 hours ago, PistolPete13 said:

I’ve been watching news reports on CNN about the destruction of the bridge in Baltimore early this morning.

This terrible news for the good people of of Charm city. I hope that the politicians of all stripes will rise above the temptation to politicize this.

David Simon had some choice words for those that tried to politicize this tragic event.

He laid into Mr. Ed first and then he moved on.

https://deadline.com/2024/03/david-simon-marjorie-taylor-greene-baltimore-bridge-1235868804/

• Like 1
  • Cheers 1

12 minutes ago, RupertKBD said:

Someone should tell him that the state of Maryland is in charge of port in Baltimore.

• Thanks 1
  • Cheers 1

22 minutes ago, CBH1926 said:

Someone should tell him that the state of Maryland is in charge of port in Baltimore.

It's just such a dick move....blaming the Port Commissioner for a mechanical failure on a Singaporean container ship....

It was just low hanging fruit that this POS thought he could use to score political points with the racist element of his state.....meanwhile, six people have almost certainly lost their lives....:classic_dry:

• Vintage 1

33 minutes ago, CBH1926 said:

David Simon had some choice words for those that tried to politicize this tragic event.

He laid into Mr. Ed first and then he moved on.

https://deadline.com/2024/03/david-simon-marjorie-taylor-greene-baltimore-bridge-1235868804/

How you can tell that David Simon is a great writer:

To Anthony Sabatini, the former Florida congressman who wrote “DEI did this” – referring to diversity, equity and inclusion – Simon took no prisoners. “Your mother did you, but after a hard life of service on a truck-stop lot, can we really hold her loosened, battered womb responsible for dropping you head-first on the Winnebago floor and burdening our society with another empty, racist demagogue thereafter? We cannot.”

:classic_laugh:

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, RupertKBD said:

How you can tell that David Simon is a great writer:

:classic_laugh:

That is pure savage.....  I expect nothing less from creator of my all time favorite show.  

• Cheers 2

2 minutes ago, Gnarcore said:

That is pure savage.....  I expect nothing less from creator of my all time favorite show.  

My all time favorite show is The Newsroom.....and I'd love to hear what Aaron Sorkin has to say on the matter.....:classic_cool:

2 minutes ago, RupertKBD said:

My all time favorite show is The Newsroom.....and I'd love to hear what Aaron Sorkin has to say on the matter.....:classic_cool:

That was an enjoyable show no doubt. Young Oliva Munn...mmmmmm

• Cheers 1

39 minutes ago, Gnarcore said:

The Wire rings even more true today regarding urban decay and the role of the media.  It's so far and away the best show of all time that the interesting debate would be what the runner up should be.