US Politics Thread

Sharpshooter

40 minutes ago, The Arrogant Worms said:

Trump Media stock down 24% today....

35 minutes ago, Ralph. said:

Episode 2 Whatever GIF

Post IPO drop is expected as the smart ones are cashing out before they get burned.  If it keeps dropping though, Trump is going to see Billions evaporate from his net worth... Again.

Even with a standard x10-x12 revenue comp, the losses in that company are still higher.  The only decent way to up your social media revenue is through ads.  Advertisers are finicky.  That's one of the reasons why I can't stand social media holdings.  Too volatile for my taste.

26 minutes ago, Sabrefan1 said:

Post IPO drop is expected as the smart ones are cashing out before they get burned.  If it keeps dropping though, Trump is going to see Billions evaporate from his net worth... Again.

Even with a standard x10-x12 revenue comp, the losses in that company are still higher.  The only decent way to up your social media revenue is through ads.  Advertisers are finicky.  That's one of the reasons why I can't stand social media holdings.  Too volatile for my taste.

It's not an IPO, it's a merger. They'd never IPO this turd as there's strict regulations regarding IPO's.

• Cheers 1
  • chaos 1

9 minutes ago, 112 said:

VoldemortQuirell.webp

Aw, that's not a fair comparison.  One demands loyalty from his followers, only likes people of purity, wants to remake the world in his image, many people do not like saying is name, and is evil incarnate.  The other is only the dark wizard Lord Voldemort

Edited by Wilbur
  • Haha 3
  • Vintage 1

33 minutes ago, nuckin_futz said:

It's not an IPO, it's a merger. They'd never IPO this turd as there's strict regulations regarding IPO's.

Technically true but...  

I personally still consider it an IPO since it was a holding company end-around to get his stock listed on NASDAQ and the stock went up in value like an IPO.  Now it's dropping down like one with shaky legs as well.

1 minute ago, Sabrefan1 said:

Technically true but...  

I personally still consider it an IPO since it was a holding company end-around to get his stock listed on NASDAQ and the stock went up in value like an IPO.  Now it's dropping down like one with shaky legs as well.

That's great you consider it an IPO but it's not. It's not subject the the reporting requirements and regulations that govern IPO's. I know people can identify as whatever they wish these days but securities not so much.

• Haha 1
  • chaos 1

7 minutes ago, nuckin_futz said:

That's great you consider it an IPO but it's not. It's not subject the the reporting requirements and regulations that govern IPO's. I know people can identify as whatever they wish these days but securities not so much.

Yeah.  I had this same discussion with my Father when I went over to his house for Easter and called it an IPO.  He roughly said the same thing you just did, but was a tad harsher.  😂🤣

Edited by Sabrefan1
Brain fart. Had "my" instead of "his"
  • Huggy Bear 1

Trump’s Net Worth Drops By Over $1 Billion As Social Media Company’s Stock Tanks

https://www.mediaite.com/politics/trumps-net-worth-drops-by-over-1-billion-as-social-media-companys-stock-tanks/

Former President Donald Trump saw his net worth plummet on Monday as his shares of his social media company tanked after a report showed the platform lost $58 million in 2023. As a result, Forbes tracked Trump’s net worth as dropping by 15.5 percent as he lost some $1 billion.

Trump Media, which trades under DJT, closed at $48.66 on Monday after sliding a massive 21.47 percent.

The company’s stock peaked last Tuesday at $79 as it first began to trade publicly – since then the company has lost some 35% in value.

Fox Business’s Charlie Gasparino explained earlier in the day why Trump Media is a bad bet for stock buyers.

“Well, I mean, listen, let’s be real clear. You didn’t need the company to disclose this, to know it,” Gasparino said about the company’s losses, adding:

I mean, I said it on your on your show. I said it on Neil Cavuto show, and it’s simply this, you know, social media is a tough business. Twitter, in its form now with millions, hundreds of millions of daily active users barely breaks even, sometimes, when it was a public company, you don’t know now because Elon took it private.

But you know one of the reasons why he tried to get out of the deal during that whole dance with with the former management was because he looked at the balance sheet and it shows this thing is barely profitable. Sometimes it’s not profitable, you know, it’s all over the place and it’s a rough business. So now you take that scale and you put it towards Truth Social.

That’s the Donald Trump, social media network. You know, along the same lines, basically the same business model.

And you’re talking about a fraction of the users, a fraction of it, and then you start thinking about, okay, it has, computer systems, it has upkeep. You factor all that in. And, you know, I knew, you know, Neil Cavuto knew that it was not making money.

Now, when you don’t make money and you’re a public company and they are a public company now trading under the symbol, DJT, you’re going to have to, do two filings and basically tell the investing public material event, one material event or a couple of them was that it’s losing tons of money, as we know. But also, I think one of the other things in there that was, striking was that it did warn that this I got to get the exact language, but it said something along the lines of, you know, that this has a very questionable future, meaning it might not be around so long.

So, you put all that together and you got a massive move downward in the stock. This I think the stock would go down more if Donald wasn’t holding. Obviously.

So Donald controls 60% of the shares. You know, once he starts selling, if he sells and I, this is my personal belief, nothing I know. I think he will, because I don’t think he wants to sit on, you know, the paper while it as a, you know, in a slow burn, you know, this thing could go down really fast, really, you know, really fast and really hard.

Edited by The Arrogant Worms
  • Haha 1
  • ThereItIs 1

33 minutes ago, The Arrogant Worms said:

Trump’s Net Worth Drops By Over $1 Billion As Social Media Company’s Stock Tanks

https://www.mediaite.com/politics/trumps-net-worth-drops-by-over-1-billion-as-social-media-companys-stock-tanks/

Former President Donald Trump saw his net worth plummet on Monday as his shares of his social media company tanked after a report showed the platform lost $58 million in 2023. As a result, Forbes tracked Trump’s net worth as dropping by 15.5 percent as he lost some $1 billion.

Trump Media, which trades under DJT, closed at $48.66 on Monday after sliding a massive 21.47 percent.

The company’s stock peaked last Tuesday at $79 as it first began to trade publicly – since then the company has lost some 35% in value.

Fox Business’s Charlie Gasparino explained earlier in the day why Trump Media is a bad bet for stock buyers.

“Well, I mean, listen, let’s be real clear. You didn’t need the company to disclose this, to know it,” Gasparino said about the company’s losses, adding:

I mean, I said it on your on your show. I said it on Neil Cavuto show, and it’s simply this, you know, social media is a tough business. Twitter, in its form now with millions, hundreds of millions of daily active users barely breaks even, sometimes, when it was a public company, you don’t know now because Elon took it private.

But you know one of the reasons why he tried to get out of the deal during that whole dance with with the former management was because he looked at the balance sheet and it shows this thing is barely profitable. Sometimes it’s not profitable, you know, it’s all over the place and it’s a rough business. So now you take that scale and you put it towards Truth Social.

That’s the Donald Trump, social media network. You know, along the same lines, basically the same business model.

And you’re talking about a fraction of the users, a fraction of it, and then you start thinking about, okay, it has, computer systems, it has upkeep. You factor all that in. And, you know, I knew, you know, Neil Cavuto knew that it was not making money.

Now, when you don’t make money and you’re a public company and they are a public company now trading under the symbol, DJT, you’re going to have to, do two filings and basically tell the investing public material event, one material event or a couple of them was that it’s losing tons of money, as we know. But also, I think one of the other things in there that was, striking was that it did warn that this I got to get the exact language, but it said something along the lines of, you know, that this has a very questionable future, meaning it might not be around so long.

So, you put all that together and you got a massive move downward in the stock. This I think the stock would go down more if Donald wasn’t holding. Obviously.

So Donald controls 60% of the shares. You know, once he starts selling, if he sells and I, this is my personal belief, nothing I know. I think he will, because I don’t think he wants to sit on, you know, the paper while it as a, you know, in a slow burn, you know, this thing could go down really fast, really, you know, really fast and really hard.

The company reported $4.1 Million in revenue for full year 2023. For full year 2023 the company reported a net loss of $58 million. By way of comparison the average convenience store in the USA has an annual revenue of $1.85 million for full year 2022.

Get ready for a lot of red downward arrows on the stock chart.

• Cheers 1

10 hours ago, Bob Long said:

Anyone claiming that they don't see the corruption of politics and religion coming together under Trump has their head in the sand.... Or they like it. 

Strange as it seems, we still have people today that want to see the US as a theocracy.

Watch The Family on Netflix. A documentary showing it has been an issue for several decades. 

• Thanks 1
  • Cheers 1

6 hours ago, nuckin_futz said:

The company reported $4.1 Million in revenue for full year 2023. For full year 2023 the company reported a net loss of $58 million. By way of comparison the average convenience store in the USA has an annual revenue of $1.85 million for full year 2022.

Get ready for a lot of red downward arrows on the stock chart.

This turd reminds me when Trevor Milton’s fraudulent business had a market cap of 60 billion.

Not bad for rolling truck down the hill 😂

• chaos 1

Apparently, the company who issued the bond was in talks for the whole judgement, but the appellate court cut TRUMP a break.  Thing is, that break means the appeal happens in September with TRUMP'S brief due in July.

https://abcnews.go.com/US/trump-secures-175-million-bond-new-york-civil/story?id=108715465

Trump secures $175 million bond in New York civil fraud case

"This is what we do," the head of the firm that issued the bond told ABC News.

• Sad 1

1 hour ago, The Arrogant Worms said:

FB_IMG_1712066177451.jpg

He absolutely did not say this did he?

The next person to claim he's smart is getting slapped if he did.

This was my previous life.  Elemental exposure is literally just one of 20 basic reasons why this is a bad idea.

Damn.....this guy needs a genius he can buy out and rip off credit from soon or he's gonna be totally exposed 

• Cheers 1
  • Vintage 2