US Politics Thread

Sharpshooter

2 hours ago, Toni Zamboni said:

are there any trump supporters here?
i remember during the 2016 election a whole bunch of new accounts showed up on cdc and started pushing the trump narrative really hard. After the election, most were gone or went silent. Not even hockey fans it seemed.

Not me, I was shocked the GOP was dumb enough to let him on the ticket. I remember in the Summer of 2016. I was on the Skytrain about to get to Waterfront. Two old business men where saying "Well Trump is stupid, but he will just hire the best people..." Boy that comment didn't age well did it?

Considering this guy is basically what killed the first USFL. I have never liked him, he always seemed to be a blowhard. And everything in his life is for show.

• Like 1
  • ThereItIs 1

‘It’s a Scam’: Barry Diller Nukes the ‘Dopes’ Buying Stock In Trump’s Media Company

https://www.mediaite.com/tv/its-a-scam-barry-diller-nukes-the-dopes-buying-stock-in-trumps-media-company/

Media titan Barry Diller pulled no punches on Thursday’s Squawk Box on CNBC when he was asked to weigh in on Trump Media going public last week, which added billions of dollars to former President Donald Trump’s net worth.

“Not a political question about former President Trump, but actually a business question about Truth Social. You’ve seen the stock on the move in this., in this I’ll call it remarkable, maybe even crazy way,” asked host Andrew Ross Sorkin.

“I’ll say two words, ‘Game Stop,’” replied Diller.

“GameStop, that’s what you think is going on here?” Ross Sorkin replied.

“I think it’s a, I mean, it’s ridiculous. The company has no revenue,” Diller shot back.

Ross Sorkin pushed back, “But do you think it could ever be a bigger business? Do you think if he wins the presidency it becomes bigger?”

“No, why would it be bigger? Look, he’s only interesting now because he’s out there entertaining the folks. I hope if he does get elected, he just plays golf for four years,” Diller replied.

“So do you think that all of the investors investors in this are getting scammed? Do you think they think this is a transference of wealth from one side to the other and that’s the goal. What do you think is happening?” Ross Sorkin asked.

“I think they’re dopes,” replied Diller, adding:

I mean, who would buy a company that literally has I mean, I think what does it have $30 of revenue? Why would you put a, how could you put a value on it? They’re buying it for other reasons, just like they bought theaters when there was no theater business or they bought GameStop or whatever. That’s stupid. It’s stupid stuff.

The hosts then noted that Truth Social made some revenue and Diller chimed in, “Why are you even talking about this? It’s a scam. Just like everything he’s ever been involved in is some sort of con.”

Edited by The Arrogant Worms
  • Like 2
  • Upvote 1

i remember during the 2016 election a whole bunch of new accounts showed up on cdc and started pushing the trump narrative really hard. After the election, most were gone or went silent. Not even hockey fans it seemed.

Well there was Wiggums.  Did he get banned or have a hissy fit and leave?

• Vintage 1

19 minutes ago, Ghostsof1915 said:

Not me, I was shocked the GOP was dumb enough to let him on the ticket. I remember in the Summer of 2016. I was on the Skytrain about to get to Waterfront. Two old business men where saying "Well Trump is stupid, but he will just hire the best people..." Boy that comment didn't age well did it?

Considering this guy is basically what killed the first USFL. I have never liked him, he always seemed to be a blowhard. And everything in his life is for show.

i really hope Americans come to their senses and see that Trump is really bad for their country and the world.  
its just to bad the dems dont have a better option to put up against him.  

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, PistolPete13 said:

Just parroting a devout man of the cloth.

IMG_6974.jpeg

And Baker is grifting on the fear.  He sells all kinds of prepper products.   Like buckets of freeze dried "food". 

A bonus is the bucket can be used as a toilet.

Edited by the destroyer of worlds
  • Upvote 3

1 hour ago, The Arrogant Worms said:

Trump-Appointed Judge Shoots Down Trump’s Bid to Dismiss Classified Docs Case

https://www.mediaite.com/news/trump-appointed-judge-shoots-down-trumps-bid-to-dismiss-classified-docs-case/

The judge from that case simped hard for Trump twice when proceedings were in the earlier stage and was overturned twice by a higher court.  She has little choice at this point but to let the trial play out or she risks a black eye from being publicly and unceremoniously removed from it. 

Edited by Sabrefan1
Grammar
  • Cheers 1
  • Upvote 1

8 minutes ago, the destroyer of worlds said:

And Baker is grifting on the fear.  He sells all kinds of prepper products.   Like buckets of freeze dried "food". 

A bonus is the bucket can be used as a toilet.

Freeze dried fish, like Jesus used to eat 

• Haha 3

They ended up getting banned from CDC.  Every now and then one returns with a different username.

5 minutes ago, RupertKBD said:

Right now, Justices Thomas and Alito are looking at this guy and thinking, "I like the cut of his jib!"....:picard:

To be fair to Alito, at least he believes in what he's judges on vs the other guy who was bought & paid for.😉

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, Bob Long said:

Freeze dried fish, like Jesus used to eat 

He turned water into wine. It makes me wonder why he didn’t use the ocean and make enough wine to party for years.

• Cheers 1

4 hours ago, Toni Zamboni said:

1 hour ago, The Arrogant Worms said:

Well there was Wiggums.  Did he get banned or have a hissy fit and leave?

1 hour ago, Bob Long said:

They were all just one guy with multiple accounts 

1 hour ago, Sabrefan1 said:

They ended up getting banned from CDC.  Every now and then one returns with a different username.

The first rule of Ban Club; We don’t talk about Ban Club. 

However, I can suggest that most ardent Trump supporters from CDC didn’t last long there and haven’t lasted very long here. 

• Haha 2
  • Cheers 1

6 hours ago, Sharpshooter said:

The first rule of Ban Club; We don’t talk about Ban Club. 

However, I can suggest that most ardent Trump supporters from CDC didn’t last long there and haven’t lasted very long here.

We talk about ban club all of the time when one of the dead suddenly arises again.  😂

At this point it's a spectator sport.

It's just been a while since they've been on and/or have outed themselves.  They'll be here when the Biden vs. Trump campaigning gets hot and heavy.

Just in case there are any Trump supporters lurking, here's some advice from a pro on how to try and deflect Biden's good results and make it look like Trump is the one really responsible:

https://www.msn.com/en-ca/news/world/fox-host-vexed-by-biden-s-good-job-numbers-finds-a-solution-give-the-credit-to-trump/ar-BB1l8N4V?ocid=hpmsn&cvid=2c5bb3a8fbb34cf593f7d98027706a1c&ei=18

• Haha 1
  • Cheers 1