US Politics Thread

Sharpshooter

7 minutes ago, The Arrogant Worms said:

Trump Shares Articles About Judge’s Daughter Despite Gag Order Barring Attacks

https://www.mediaite.com/politics/trump-shares-articles-about-judges-daughter-despite-gag-order-barring-attacks/

Enough is enough.  Time for him to enjoy pre-trial detention with only hot sauce available for lube.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1
  • Cheers 1

8 minutes ago, The Lock said:

I wonder how many people remember me actually saying this was going to happen, because I definately remember saying how it's "value" isn't sustainable because it doesn't make money.

It's like picking a local CD store that's losing money and saying that's worth 4 billion dollars. Even if you state it and people are gullible enough to invest in it, to inflate that record store to 4 billion dollar, it still has to make money in order to stay afloat. Replace the local record shop with truth social and you have EXACTLY the same scenario.

Maybe the CD store should sell music besides Ted Nugent, Kid Rock, and Vanilla Ice.

• Haha 4

Because I enjoy putting padding on the echo chamber and everyone ignores news they don't like anyways...  😂

'Are you kidding me?’: Biden-appointed judge torches DOJ for blowing off Hunter Biden-related subpoenas from House GOP

A federal judge tore into the Justice Department on Friday for blowing off Hunter Biden-related subpoenas issued in the impeachment probe of his father, President Joe Biden, pointing out that a former aide to Donald Trump is sitting in prison for similar defiance of Congress.

“There’s a person in jail right now because you all brought a criminal lawsuit against him because he did not appear for a House subpoena,” Reyes said, referring to the recent imprisonment of Peter Navarro, a former Trump trade adviser, for defying a subpoena from the Jan. 6 select committee. “And now you guys are flouting those subpoenas. … And you don’t have to show up?”

“I think it’s quite rich you guys pursue criminal investigations and put people in jail for not showing up,” but then direct current executive branch employees to take the same approach, the judge added. “You all are making a bunch of arguments that you would never accept from any other litigant.”

https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/politics/are-you-kidding-me-biden-appointed-judge-torches-doj-for-blowing-off-hunter-biden-related-subpoenas-from-house-gop/ar-BB1l9mgD?ocid=msedgdhp&pc=U531&cvid=137aace2ec924202bfbda8e91804c318&ei=61

Edited by Sabrefan1
*edit comment* If you read the article you'll see both sides are basically being called childish idiots by the judge.
  • chaos 1

9 minutes ago, Sabrefan1 said:

Easy there.  
You know how these boards are run. 
If you ain’t left, you leave.  
hahahahah

We all know Biden and his crack smoking son are perfect in every way.  

Personally, I don’t know why either side starts these investigations and battles.  
They are all crooked as fuck and belong in jail.  
Just shut up, run your 4-8 years then piss off and let the next guy do an equally as horrible job as the last. 
Starting shit just puts a target on their backs for going to jail. 

• Upvote 1

17 minutes ago, Sabrefan1 said:

But isn't there a real difference here, in that Jan 6 actually happened, and the Biden impeachment thing is a fishing expedition?

• Cheers 2

1 hour ago, D.B Cooper said:

Easy there.  
You know how these boards are run. 
If you ain’t left, you leave.  
hahahahah

We all know Biden and his crack smoking son are perfect in every way.  

Personally, I don’t know why either side starts these investigations and battles.  
They are all crooked as fuck and belong in jail.  
Just shut up, run your 4-8 years then piss off and let the next guy do an equally as horrible job as the last. 
Starting shit just puts a target on their backs for going to jail. 

Yeah, the judge basically slapped both sides but the Biden DoJ just got publicly excoriated by her.

I'm neither left or right.  That's why I enjoy stirring the sh*t occasionally.  I'm likely going to agree with any insult thrown at either side of the political spectrum.  In a nutshell I think the left is loony and the right is full of people who just look at an issue and take the side which makes them the biggest as*holes.

Edited by Sabrefan1
  • Cheers 1

1 minute ago, Bob Long said:

But isn't there a real difference here, in that Jan 6 actually happened, and the Biden impeachment thing is a fishing expedition?

It's a procedural thing she's angry about.  You can't just ignore subpoenas that you don't like.  It undermines the legal system.

You have to hate it when the monster you created ends up turning against you.  😬

Democrats cry foul as anti-free speech allies turn against them

You are “killing people,” President Biden told social media companies a couple of years ago. He sought to shame executives into censoring more Americans. Biden has lashed out at disinformation by anti-vaxxers, “election deniers” and others. This month, those words were thrown back at Biden himself as a “genocide denier” by protesters who have labeled him “Genocide Joe” over his support for Israel.

After years of supporting censorship and blacklisting of people with opposing views, politicians and academics are finding themselves the subjects of the very anti-free speech tactics that they helped foster.

https://thehill.com/opinion/congress-blog/4578005-democrats-cry-foul-as-anti-free-speech-allies-turn-against-them/

9 minutes ago, Sabrefan1 said:

It's a procedural thing she's angry about.  You can't just ignore subpoenas that you don't like.  It undermines the legal system.

Well then she should send out arrest warrants. 

3 minutes ago, Bob Long said:

Well then she should send out arrest warrants. 

She's trying to avoid that now by forcing the two sides to negotiate.  She even told the DoJ that they could show up and avoid answering questions that are lawyer-client privileged.  Even then the DoJ rep wouldn't commit to answering the subpoenas.  Then she really got angry.

Edited by Sabrefan1

1 minute ago, Sabrefan1 said:

She's trying to avoid that now by forcing the two sides to negotiate.  She even told the DoJ that they could show up and avoid answering questions that are lawyer-client privileged.  Even then the DoJ rep wouldn't commit to answering the subpoenas.  Then she really got angry.

Ah, sounds to me like the Dems just have smarter lawyers.

1 minute ago, Bob Long said:

Ah, sounds to me like the Dems just have smarter lawyers.

That remains to be seen.  If they end up in prison like Navarro, then they are just as dumb.

Edited by Sabrefan1
deleted "the"
  • ThereItIs 1

Just now, Bob Long said:

Navarro is a special mix of arrogant and dumb.

Agreed, but if Trump is re-elected, the current Biden DoJ lawyers are in trouble when he goes on his revenge tour.  The arrogance of the one in court isn't helping the matter.  In the article, they even said that she barely stopped to take a breath because she was so worked up over the proceeding.