US Politics Thread

Sharpshooter

18 minutes ago, Sabrefan1 said:

Agreed, but if Trump is re-elected, the current Biden DoJ lawyers are in trouble when he goes on his revenge tour.  The arrogance of the one in court isn't helping the matter.  In the article, they even said that she barely stopped to take a breath because she was so worked up over the proceeding.

yea that is the concern for sure, Trump will be obsessed with "revenge" and then who will be making the actual policy decisions for the US? Trump will sign whatever someone puts in front of him that tickles his balls, so I wonder who the real power will be in the US? 

Even is someone could make an argument that there was some good from Trumps first term, I don't know how anyone could see him coming back now as a good thing for the US or the world. They guy will be unhinged for real. 

• Cheers 2

3 minutes ago, Bob Long said:

Trump will sign whatever someone puts in front of him that tickles his balls, ...

It's funny that you say that.  Trump's first CoS had to setup a system on what would land on Trump's desk for that exact reason.  Random West Wing aides were dropping some ridiculous things on it and Trump was sending his people off to investigate.

Even is someone could make an argument that there was some good from Trumps first term, I don't know how anyone could see him coming back now as a good thing for the US or the world. They guy will be unhinged for real. 

Whichever candidate gets elected, it will be their party that controls the majority of what happens in the White House.  That's why I think whoever gets their base fired up enough to get to the polls, has the best chance at winning the Executive Branch race.

• Vintage 1

3 minutes ago, NewbieCanuckFan said:

RFK Jr. will soon proclaim that JFK actually shot himself & it was all a government coverup as suicide is a sin in the Catholic faith.

He's one weird dude for sure.  I'm sympathetic to his vocal issues, but the guy is a bit out there and not in a good way.  He runs off at the mouth and then tries to either poorly cover up what he said or he forgets what came out of his mouth previously.  He doesn't have the built-in old man excuse to excuse it either.

• Upvote 1

18 minutes ago, Sabrefan1 said:

He's one weird dude for sure.  I'm sympathetic to his vocal issues, but the guy is a bit out there and not in a good way.  He runs off at the mouth and then tries to either poorly cover up what he said or he forgets what came out of his mouth previously.  He doesn't have the built-in old man excuse to excuse it either.

Yeah he was born into a privileged life (if anybody was born on third base with Barry Bonds in the batters box-it was him).  I'm actually more sympathetic to a guy like Richard Nixon (even though he really went off the rails in his political career).  Guy was born into a relative modest upbringing.  Volunteered (enlisted) in WW2 even though he could've gotten a religious exemption (and I *think* had a decent war record).  

Edited by NewbieCanuckFan
  • Vintage 2

4 hours ago, Sabrefan1 said:

It's a procedural thing she's angry about.  You can't just ignore subpoenas that you don't like.  It undermines the legal system.

Of course this somewhat dismisses the fact that the Biden subpoena was submitted by Gym Jordan.....

....a guy who ignored a subpoena.... https://www.thedailybeast.com/jim-jordan-who-defied-subpoena-threatens-hunter-biden-with-contempt-of-congress

I mean....just so long as we're "stirring".....:classic_rolleyes:

• Thanks 1

3 hours ago, NewbieCanuckFan said:

RFK Jr. will soon proclaim that JFK actually shot himself & it was all a government coverup as suicide is a sin in the Catholic faith.

I saw him being interviewed on TV and it was a real head shaker....

The interviewer mentioned that members of his own family have called him unfit to be president. (and that was one of the milder comments)

His response was that he has a "big family" and then proceeded to say that he had "cousins", "siblings", "nephews and nieces", etc, who were supporting him....(all without actually naming them)

My first thought was "what a ringing endorsement". "Only some members of my family believe I'm unfit for POTUS"....:classic_rolleyes:

• Haha 2
  • Upvote 1

20 hours ago, RupertKBD said:

Of course this somewhat dismisses the fact that the Biden subpoena was submitted by Gym Jordan.....

....a guy who ignored a subpoena.... https://www.thedailybeast.com/jim-jordan-who-defied-subpoena-threatens-hunter-biden-with-contempt-of-congress

I mean....just so long as we're "stirring".....:classic_rolleyes:

Good stir.  I've voiced my displeasure of him in the past.

I'm no fan of the coward who played blind while knowing kids were getting hurt.  Let's get that out of the way because I will go off about that pos otherwise.  I can only imagine how harshly someone with kids feels about that guy.

That said, as far as a judge is concerned, a subpoena could have been submitted by an actual demon.  These days, you do not ignore them.  There was a time when people could and Congress often gave them a pass, but those days are over.  They are over because the Democrats, to their credit, dragged a moron into jail for doing it.

Edited by Sabrefan1
meant "displeasure". Brain fart. yikes.

3 hours ago, Snoop Hogg said:

It’s weird. That ass is huge and all I can focus on is that stain. Doesn’t he wipe?

Multiple people around him claim he's shit himself since the 90s and wears diapers. 

• Haha 1

6 hours ago, Sabrefan1 said:

Good stir.  I've voiced my displease of him in the past.

I'm no fan of the coward who played blind while knowing kids were getting hurt.  Let's get that out of the way because I will go off about that pos otherwise.  I can only imagine how harshly someone with kids feels about that guy.

That said, as far as a judge is concerned, a subpoena could have been submitted by an actual demon.  These days, you do not ignore them.  There was a time when people could and Congress often gave them a pass, but those days are over.  They are over because the Democrats, to their credit, dragged a moron into jail for doing it.

Despite the fact that this shit stain didn’t do anything to protects those kids, citizens of Ohio decided that he should represent him. Granted I don’t have much respect for that state but this is criminal and insane. Ohio is the midwestern version of Texas minus the good barbecue.

• Vintage 1

1 hour ago, CBH1926 said:

Despite the fact that this shit stain didn’t do anything to protects those kids, citizens of Ohio decided that he should represent him. Granted I don’t have much respect for that state but this is criminal and insane. Ohio is the midwestern version of Texas minus the good barbecue.

Citizens of Ohio decided as much as they could with how gerrymandered his district is.  

Not the worst, but it is up there.

EMG4EqlXYAEbPBj.jpg

9 hours ago, the destroyer of worlds said:

Citizens of Ohio decided as much as they could with how gerrymandered his district is.  

Not the worst, but it is up there.

EMG4EqlXYAEbPBj.jpg

I like these ones from Maryland, Texas and N.C.

IMG_3448.webp

IMG_3449.webp

IMG_3450.jpeg

• Haha 2
  • Confused 1

12 hours ago, CBH1926 said:

I can't stand cowards and what he did then exposed a ginormous character issue that I don't think can be explained away as being a younger person's lack of judgment. 

All he had to do was tell the authorities ANONYMOUSLY EVEN that he was an employee who "suspected" there was abuse, and at least there would have been an investigation.  At least do the bare minimum for crying out loud.

He's by far not a stupid person so he had to know that he had an opportunity to get the abuse stopped with little risk to himself.

Like I said, I can only imagine how angry a parent would be at him knowing that he didn't even try to stop what was going on because he was too afraid of the small chance that it would affect him.

I probably agree with slightly more major Republican policies than I do major Democratic policies these days, but it's the Republicans that piss me off the most between the two parties.  They're extremely self-serving in a job where you're supposed to serve the people of your district (House) or state (Senate).

It's why I think Ryan Paul was the worst Speaker of the House in my lifetime.  He coalesced the party into his own little version of the Godfather mob.  He even used to say stupid things like, "Don't go against the family".  When you're in Congress and you think that you are Don Corleone, you are a problem.  He unwittingly made it easier for the Tea Party to take control of that party.

Edited by Sabrefan1
grammar

31 minutes ago, Sabrefan1 said:

I can't stand cowards and what he did then exposed a ginormous character issue that I don't think that can be explained away as being a younger person's lack of judgment. 

All he had to do was tell the authorities ANONYMOUSLY EVEN that he was an employee who "suspected" there was abuse, and at least there would have been an investigation.  At least do the bare minimum for crying out loud.

He's by far not a stupid person so he had to know that he had an opportunity to get the abuse stopped with little risk to himself.

Like I said, I can only imagine how angry a parent would be at him knowing that he didn't even try to stop what was going on because he was to afraid of the small chance that it would affect him.

I probably agree with slightly more major Republican policies than I do major Democratic policies these days, but it's the Republicans that piss me off the most between the two parties.  They're extremely self-serving in a job where you're supposed to serve the people of your district (House) or state (Senate).

It's why I think Ryan Paul was the worst Speaker of the House in my lifetime.  He coalesced the party into his own little version of the Godfather mob.  He even used to say stupid things like, "Don't go against the family".  When you're in Congress and you think that you are Don Corleone, you are a problem.  He unwittingly made it easier for the Tea Party to take control of that party.

Totally agree on Jordan part, that fucker’s locker was right next to Strauss’s, no way he didn’t know.

And shame on OSU since this was going on forever, I am sure that even more people knew.

Even more disgusting was Penn State tragedy with Sandusky and Patterno.

I just wished that they killed that football program, same with Michigan’s gymnastics abuse that was going on forever.

The only way to get these billion dollar sports programs to pay attention to this is to start killing offending programs.

You ignored abuse of these kids for decades, fuck you, no more sports for you!

• Upvote 1
  • Vintage 2